Friday Failures

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 01:14 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
What is your latest Mamma "failure" been?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

March 31st, 2013, 02:01 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
Lets see I didnt bathe twins for like 3 days becaus they are teething and fussy and I didn't want to deal with it. And sometimes I bite their nails off with my teeth because its easier
March 31st, 2013, 07:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyG View Post
Lets see I didnt bathe twins for like 3 days becaus they are teething and fussy and I didn't want to deal with it. And sometimes I bite their nails off with my teeth because its easier
Are those "failures"?? Lol... I go for days without bathing M pretty often and biting her nails off with my teeth is also not uncommon. So I guess I do those too.

I lose patience at times and am not always a perfectly zen mommy with M, but I try not to see those moments as "failures" so much as signals that I need to rest or take a break somehow or whatever.

I think the one time I really felt like I'd done a mommy fail was when she was not quite 12 months and I didn't fully scope out her friend's playroom where we were at a bday party, then I also assumed she was in view of an adult when she wandered in there, so I could finish my conversation. But she was alone in there and behind the wall was an ungated wooden staircase, she climbed up and then started screaming at the top because she didn't know how to get down, we rushed in and saw her standing at the top, she was not 100% steady at that age, I just about had a heart attack. I was a lot more careful after that and am still a lot more paranoid about M being out of sight or in a new environment. And my friend felt terrible and put up a gate the next day (her daughter was a late walker and it hadn't ever crossed her mind to babyproof that area).

April 1st, 2013, 04:54 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Well mine was yesterday. I came out of the bathroom at my Grandmothers house and I saw that G had something in his mouth. I freaked and stuck my hand down his throat and tried to get it and he was screaming. Wellllll it turns out daddy gave him some of his olive and I thought it was a wheel to the matchbox car he was playing with or something. EVERYONE stared at me. (the house was full of people) I felt like an idiot. . .BUT whatever, better safe than sorry!

April 1st, 2013, 11:46 AM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
Lol it might have been 4 days and I felt like a failure
April 1st, 2013, 12:03 PM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
One day I was really busy, anxious, and irritated and I kept trying to listen to a voicemail and Juliana kept bringing her drum over and banged it in my ear when I asked her nicely to wait just a second. On the third attempt with the same result, I threw her drum across the room. Not something I would want to model, and I felt like crap.

April 1st, 2013, 09:08 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
We all have those Mamma failure moments, but we are allowed!

My Mamma fail moment was tonight. We were outside playing soccer and Drake fell (he did not get hurt) and he landed in some gravel. He got some grains of sand and tiny TINY rocks in his mouth. I went to get them out and he was biting my hand so I let him swallow them.

Katy, I have also bitten Drakes nails off. Sometimes that is easier.
Sarah, I would have done the same. If I see something in Drakes mouth and I have no clue what it is I would do that too.

I also try to not see a moment as a "fail". I see them as a slip up or something.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

April 2nd, 2013, 04:53 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Seriously I was shaking afterwards even after I knew it was okay, then i just picked him up and hugged him and my stupid jerk aunt was like. . .You don't need to shake, he's fine. You will make lots of mistakes. Calm down. Seriously. . . I know it was a mistake but not like a mistake mistake hahaha ya know?? It was more like CRAP !!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search