Sickness

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2013, 11:41 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I keep seeing on my FB just how many people are sick, and then sick again, and then sick again! I have not been sick, in literally WELL over 10 years. I am never ever sick. What gives? Have you ladies been sick lately?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

April 7th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Destiny
I've been sick a lot since I moved up here, I was rarely sick before that. No idea what's behind that. It's not as crazy as some people, usually just a few illnesses in a row near the end of winter. It's exhausting, but you get past it and the rest of the year is usually illness free.

April 8th, 2013, 05:29 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I think it depends where you are too. This is the first year I have been sick in at least 20 years, no lie. The weather here and the flus and crap going around, idiots that dont stay home from work when they are sick, etc.

Happily married to the love of my life, mom of two beautiful babies, Gary & Adalyn
April 8th, 2013, 06:31 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I'm always sick. My immune system is a wuss.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
April 8th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCakes View Post
I'm always sick. My immune system is a wuss.
I'm sorry! I hope you are not sick now!

Sarah, I think that is true too sometimes. Like back home in NYC, everyone is sick, like all the time. Luckily when I was there none of us got sick, but here in AZ, its so open and spacious that you never really hear of anyont getting sick.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

April 8th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't normally get sick a lot, but this past season I've had 3 or 4 colds! I think it is because Juliana is in so many kid activities. I've heard your kid gets sick a lot when they start day care or preschool. Well, she hasn't started either yet but she is in a lot of activities so I think it's pretty close. I tend to get what she gets. She starts preschool in the fall and I'm scared!

April 8th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
I've got a killer cold right now but that's the first I've been sick in 9 months. I was sick with a cold in the very beginning of this pregnancy and was actually the reason I took a HPT. Prior to that I had not been sick in years.

April 8th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Drake will not be attending pre-school or Daycare so I do not have to worry about that but he is at the park everyday, and at the library and there are always kids there, so I would assume it's the same. Maybe not AS bad, but still. Do you wash Juliana's hands? I started washing Drakes hands like a few months ago when he started to become more active at the park and such, maybe that helps. I do not know. Kids are kids, and will get sick even if you wash their hands i'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskk826 View Post
I've got a killer cold right now
I hope that you feel better! How are you feeling?

April 11th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The last time I threw up was Jan. 4 2008! (I freaking hate being sick to my stomach, so every single time is a traumatic experience) Even when I had morning sickness, I just felt like a beaten bag of garbage, and I'd fight the puking and happened to win!

As far as colds go, I have been lucky this year but I've made a point of isolating myself pretty good. Dh didn't get sick either, given his involvement with the public at work I am glad he made it through this year! In past years I suffered from really bad colds (working with children) and even developed pneumonia! In general I'd say I'm of average health/immunity.

April 13th, 2013, 11:35 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got sick a lot this year. My immune system must have been really crappy for a while there. Generally, though, I don't get sick often.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search