Rights

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Fluga
  • 2 Post By IronMamma
  • 2 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By breathing for two
  • 1 Post By IronMamma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 07:09 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have any "rights" in the country you live in that you value?
Do you ever feel those rights are not being fairly respected?
What would you do if someone tried to take your rights away?
What would you want your kids to do if someone tried to take their rights away?
April 19th, 2013, 11:32 AM
We dont talk so much about what rights people do or do not have in here. We have plenty of them though.

The best one I know about is that children in Finland have the right to grow up without physical punishment, it's illegal and has been for close to 30 years.
alittlelost likes this.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
April 19th, 2013, 12:00 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Honestly, I may sound harsh but I am not happy with the US. I feel like our "rights" are not rights at all, you can get in trouble for everything and even when you express a right it does not matter. This Country is so messed up. I cannot stand it. I feel like rights are written down just for giggles and means nothing. We are told things and they are never fulfilled. I basically feel like the US is a giant prison.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

April 19th, 2013, 12:21 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You don't sound harsh, hon. I feel the same way. Some of the laws that have been passed, I am like HOW is that the LAW when it DIRECTLY violates are rights and practicing our rights would hurt NO ONE. It makes no sense. I often feel like people's religious beliefs are pushed on my in this country, too. I don't have to go to church or pretend I believe in a god, BUT many christians think nothing of voting your rights away if it will force you into doing what THEY believe the bible tells its followers to do.
April 19th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
Honestly, I may sound harsh but I am not happy with the US. I feel like our "rights" are not rights at all, you can get in trouble for everything and even when you express a right it does not matter. This Country is so messed up. I cannot stand it. I feel like rights are written down just for giggles and means nothing. We are told things and they are never fulfilled. I basically feel like the US is a giant prison.
100% agree, there is so much I'm unhappy about, but I'm unsure what to do about any of it.
IronMamma likes this.

April 19th, 2013, 02:41 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I also feel the same way Lost, religion is shoved onto everyone. I for one and not a Christian, I consider myself Wicca / Pagan in the sense that I believe in what I can see, smell, taste and touch. So I guess I am a hippy. ;P

But, even voting. Our vote does not count, which is why I do not vote. Not only that but once you vote you can be summoned to Jury Duty. I am sorry but this Country is a scam.
alittlelost likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search