Update!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By IronMamma
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By IronMamma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 11:44 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Hey ladies! I will update as requested!

Well, we LOVE our place. We have been here almost 2 months and there is nothing better then having your own space! I started to FINALLY cloth diaper, we have a washing machine and dryer here so now I can! I am so excited about that. This is something I have wanted to do forever but never had the resources. I love giving Drake cloth butt hugs! The grounds here are nice. The complex is big so there are lit paved paths throughout the whole thing. There are grass areas where we love to go and play soccer with Drakey. There is a pool and a hot tub. Drake LOVES to go swimming! He is such a water baby. We even night swim, which is awesome. There is also a play ground here in the middle of the complex. I like taking him to the park but sometimes when I do not feel like getting all ready and driving we walk a minute down the path and there we are. Drake can do the slide all by himself. He is growing up too fast! Bittersweet! There is a common hall with a pool table, ping pong, a gym, tv, and a kitchen which leads to the pool so DH and I have went there and played pool while Drake ran around playing with ping pong balls. It's so nice. I love that I can literally stay here and have so much to do.

Now, are you ready?!....READY?!??! Drake....HAS....been...STTN!!! WHAT!!! Ok, he wakes "sometimes" like once MAYBE, last night he woke a couple times but was back asleep within seconds. He has almost 16 teeth so he is teething hard, he does not cry, he just stirs around in his sleep. But, I have been getting 6 - 9 hours of sleep a NIGHT!!!!!!! This has been going on for a month!! I do stay up late sometimes and don't get much sleep but that is my fault, sometimes I stay up and watch a movie or something. But, yeah. It's been wonderful! Im sure he LOVES sleeping in between Mamma AND Daddy. I told Dave he is never leaving again. Like, ever.

Drake still does not like to eat. He will go a whole day without eating, then eat the next. He is just not a eating person. I make sure he drinks his formula to supplement for what he is lacking. But, he is a healthy little boy with no health issues.

We go to the library almost everyday, it's open 7 days a week here which is nice. There is a nice kids area that he loves to run around in. I have also met some Home School Moms there, they are not my friend type really, I hope that does not sound weird. But yeah.

We also got bikes with a trailer so we can pull Drake. That's fun!

I wanted to share some pictures with you but I could post a million so here are just a few!

How have you ladies been? I feel like I have been gone FOREVER!
breathing for two likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

April 19th, 2013, 12:27 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so so so glad to hear these updates!!! <3 <3 <3 You deserve for things to be going so well! Drake is SO cute and you can tell how healthy he is <3
IronMamma likes this.
April 19th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Destiny
Sounds like you've been busy! I'm just focused on getting through this pregnancy right now. Just waiting for it to get warm enough to go outside on a regular basis.

April 19th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Aw thank you Lost. I feel like it's MY time now. I am so glad to be settled. This is not forever, we still want to move in the future but for now this is perfect.

How are you feeling this time around? Not having a good pregnancy?
alittlelost likes this.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

April 19th, 2013, 03:01 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm all right. This has been my hardest pregnancy, physically, I think. No energy in the second trimester, gaining lots of weight, lots of pain, especially when sleeping. But it's been going surprisingly fast and there's been TONS of high points as well
April 20th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are plugging along. I basically quit my job this week. I need something that the end of the day I am not as stressed and I actually made money!! MB has officially hit that terrible twos stage. And has been telling us no a lot, laying in the floor throwing a fit, just in general testing boundaries. MB can identify most of the alphabet, count to 13, and loves to play outside. Dh is almost done with classes for the semester!!

April 20th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Lost, I am glad you at least have tons of high points. Stay positive. She will be here soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyBeth View Post
We are plugging along. I basically quit my job this week. I need something that the end of the day I am not as stressed and I actually made money!! MB has officially hit that terrible twos stage. And has been telling us no a lot, laying in the floor throwing a fit, just in general testing boundaries. MB can identify most of the alphabet, count to 13, and loves to play outside. Dh is almost done with classes for the semester!!
Good for you! Stress is no good! Just know her fits are not forever! I really do not have advice since Drake has not hit that stage yet but I always tell myself (like when he does not sleep) "This is not forever." That's GREAT that she can count to 13. That's high! And the alphabet! How smart. Yay to DH almost being done, looks like you have a lot of positive things going for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search