Affection

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2013, 11:07 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Are your LO's affectionate? How old are they?

Drake is 16 months and the amount of affection he shows is amazing. He always wants hugs and cuddles. Always. In the morning he will wake me up and I take like 10 minutes to get out of bed and he will lay with me and get on my chest for hugs, he will lay next to me and touch my face. It's my favorite thing on this earth. When I pick him up he wraps his arms around my neck and squeezes with his face against mine. In the mornings, for like 10 minutes after we get up we sit on the couch together and he does not want me to leave. It's so amazing to see him like this when not too long ago he was a newborn and did not do much.
ComfortablyMum likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

April 20th, 2013, 04:55 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
Awww that's so cute. Drake is such a sweet boy! The twins give kisses but like open mouth slobbery kisses I'm trying to teach them to close their mouths lol

Last edited by KatyG; April 20th, 2013 at 05:53 PM.
April 21st, 2013, 07:57 AM
Destiny
Eliana is very affectionate... to her daddy. I get my cuddles sometimes too though, so it's okay. She went through a stage where she refused to be affectionate at all, it really broke my heart.
Eli's very affectionate. He'll always plop himself in my lap for some invasive cuddles every time I try to sit down.

April 21st, 2013, 11:49 AM
Katy, that's too cute! Drake never really got into the open mouth kisses at all.

I have always thought and heard that boys are more affectionate then girls, especially towards there Moms. Would you agree? Drake is not anywhere near as affectionate with DH. In fact, he is almost not affectionate towards him at all.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

April 21st, 2013, 01:22 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All my kids are that way, though it seems to be different times of day for them. My youngest in the afternoon, my oldest int he morning, my daughter at night, though even the rest of the time they can be pretty affectionate. They aren't AS affectionate as they were when they were younger, but they are definitely more affectionate than most kids I know
ComfortablyMum and IronMamma like this.
April 21st, 2013, 05:06 PM
Lost, I feel the same. I feel like Drake is more affectionate then most.

April 21st, 2013, 06:10 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
I wish Gabby was more affectionate. Occasionally I will get hugs and kisses,but they are few and far between.

April 21st, 2013, 06:19 PM
Aww Kim, no cuddles? As soon as I sit on the floor with Drake to play he would rather sit on me and cuddle then continue to play. Sorry, I had to add that! From the videos I have seen of her, she seems like she would rather play play PLAY!

April 22nd, 2013, 04:55 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
LOL Gary is the most affectionate kid in my family. We have quite a few nieces and nephews. He is completely different than they ever were. He is NOT shy. If we let him he would hug and kiss everyone, even at the grocery store. Sometimes he will randomly get up from what hes doing and kiss me, the dogs, my husband. He is not an open mouth kisser, he was at like 9 months. . .but now he puckers his lips out and makes the sound which means, hey ma, kiss me. lol. My babysitter says the same thing about him, she has three kids and she said none of hers were the way he is. She LOVES him, we went there on Saturday to pick up some clothes from her that her son grew out of and Gary ran to her and she hugged and kissed him and then he ran right back to me. I love that he is the way he is. Although, He doesnt cuddle much, because he is alwaysssss on the go, but when he's winding down he does. I get more hugs and kisses than my husband which makes him a little jealous i think. Anyway, yes, he's affectionate. He's 16 months. I hope he stays this way.

April 23rd, 2013, 06:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw Drake sounds so cute! Callen and Kellsey are the same way. They always want to snuggle and give kisses. I love it. But they are only like that with me, sometimes they will be with DH but mostly only me. They will not give anyone else hugs. Other people might get a high five but thats it. lol.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
April 23rd, 2013, 10:31 AM
Sarah, I think DH is a little jealous too. Drake will love all on me, and I can kiss his face like a million times and then when DH tries to he pushes his face away. I think it's hilarious!

April 23rd, 2013, 11:19 AM
YES Gary does that too he pushes him. The other night we were doing our Mommy Sandwich (Gary, me, Gary - hug) and he was pushing his daddy away saying NO! And he's (hubby) like i love mommy and Gary's like MYYY MAMA and hugging me it was sooo funny.

April 23rd, 2013, 11:26 AM
:rofl; Our boys looooove us! Drake will lay on the floor with me and play trucks, and then DH will come over and he will walk away. I keep telling him not to worry about it. I am sure when he is older he will be all about Daddy, so let me have him now!

April 23rd, 2013, 11:29 AM
Exactly!!!

April 24th, 2013, 04:03 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
Are your LO's affectionate? How old are they?

Drake is 16 months and the amount of affection he shows is amazing. He always wants hugs and cuddles. Always. In the morning he will wake me up and I take like 10 minutes to get out of bed and he will lay with me and get on my chest for hugs, he will lay next to me and touch my face. It's my favorite thing on this earth. When I pick him up he wraps his arms around my neck and squeezes with his face against mine. In the mornings, for like 10 minutes after we get up we sit on the couch together and he does not want me to leave. It's so amazing to see him like this when not too long ago he was a newborn and did not do much.
I could almost switch the names around and make this my story HAHA.

When Eve wakes in the mornings, she will lay in our bed with us (or just me if Scott is at work) for anywhere up to half an hour. She will lay there and poke our faces and giggle HAHA. She will crawl around the bed and play with the wall hanging above our pillows. Annnnd when she see's my dressing gown laying on the floor, she will want to be put down and will cuddle it and say "awwwwww"

Once we have "got up", we go and lay on the couch and watch cartoons for about another half hour with a bottle and cuddles. Next is brekkie

She is much more affectionate with me than Scott, but she isn't completely in-affectionate towards him. She loves blowing kisses and trying to kiss peoples faces LOL and she will hug anyone that wants one.

I hope she stays this way!! I will have to teach her about serious stranger danger though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
Sarah, I think DH is a little jealous too. Drake will love all on me, and I can kiss his face like a million times and then when DH tries to he pushes his face away. I think it's hilarious!
LMAO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareymac View Post
YES Gary does that too he pushes him. The other night we were doing our Mommy Sandwich (Gary, me, Gary - hug) and he was pushing his daddy away saying NO! And he's (hubby) like i love mommy and Gary's like MYYY MAMA and hugging me it was sooo funny.
AAAAAWWWW!! HAHA that is so cute

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

April 24th, 2013, 04:18 AM
I love morning cuddles! They are the best considering I am still like "asleep".

April 24th, 2013, 04:21 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
LOL yes!!

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

April 24th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Does Eve head butt you in the morning? Drake does, and it HURTS! He smiles and giggles, he is playing so I do not mind though.

April 24th, 2013, 07:49 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
Gabby is too busy for cuddles. lol

April 24th, 2013, 08:07 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I'm jealous! Pea's cuddles are rare. Unless she is sick. I always have to take a picture when she cuddles me. She does give some mean hugs in the morning! She used to grab my face and hug it while I put on her clothes for the day. She's a lot more affectionate with her daddy. I hope Caleb is more of a mommas boy! He doesn't have a choice not to be right now though, so I'll indulge Oh, But Madison could give Caleb kisses and hugs all day long. In the morning she wakes up and she says "Behbee!!" And points til we take her to him. Then she lays her head on him and give open mouth slobbers. Lord knows she's had enough kisses from us to know how to do it right, guess that doesn't click yet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search