Inspiration

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By IronMamma
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By IronMamma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 03:11 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who inspires you?
Who have you inspired, or who do you think you might inspire?
April 23rd, 2013, 04:12 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Honestly. I do not really have an inspiration. Does that sound bad? I am a person that follows my own instincts. I ask questions and advice, but I have no real inspiration.

I know that I inspire my cousin. She is always telling me that she hopes she can be half as good of a Mother that I am. You have no idea how good that makes me feel.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

April 24th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Destiny
I take my inspiration from a lot of different places and people. Not usually the whole person, but if I like what they're doing I feel inspired and try to figure out how I can implement it in my life KWIM?

I don't think I inspire anyone. If I do I haven't heard about it

April 25th, 2013, 08:40 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Quite a few people on my facebook page say I inspire them. I get PMs from old high school kids that are just somehow amazed by me or my babies. I was a total B word in high school. Still am sometimes LOL. But yeah... and hmm. This girl Jenny inspires me to be a better mom and better wife, she's always cooking homemade things that I've never even heard of and I'm like... dang! I need to catch up!

April 25th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My dad inspires me. He is amazing. He was such a great dad and role model. And he worked and cooked.

I don't know if I inspire anybody I would like to think so..

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
April 25th, 2013, 10:23 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I guess I get my inspiration from different people. The happiness Gary shows over little things, that inspires me to be happy and live for the moment. My mother in law is a phenomenal mother and wife and she inspires me in that way.
I don't think that I inspire anyone. I can't imagine that I do. I get compliments on how well I am doing with Gary being raised by just a father almost my whole life I don't have much memory of my mother anymore, so I don't have her to help guide, which is ya know. whatever. I do have my mother in law. But that being said I am glad that others see that I do a good job. I think I do. Even if some people don't. i guess to me, and my happy healthy child. . . it's okay

April 25th, 2013, 11:07 AM
People def do see how good you are doing Sarah. You work full time and still have a great relationship with your son. You know I have always admired that.

Miranda, you are still a B! You are also a great Mom.

We are all great Moms. I think we should all inspire ourselves because being an AP Mom is not easy. You girls rock!
mama_2_Callen and sareymac like this.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

April 26th, 2013, 04:36 AM
^^ thanks Jess. Its rough. But I have to do what I have to do for my family
IronMamma likes this.

April 26th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I think working Moms are so awesome because I could not do it. I know that sounds bad, and obviously if I absolutely HAD too I would, but I cannot imagine leaving my son with someone else. Even with someone I trusted. That seems so hard to me.

April 27th, 2013, 05:06 AM
It is. And it doesn't help that so many people make me/other working moms feel like crap about it. I am doing this for him. I know people pick apart SAHM too. . . but specifically to me, i get the working mom bs from people. What do they expect me to do, my husband doesnt make enough alone anymore and I perfectly capable to work. When we bought our house my husband had a better job and they started lay offs. Anyway I get realllllly worked up about this stuff bc I have deleted friends from FB that really were my friends, or so I thought who felt they needed to lecture me, as they sat home with their kids, popping out more they couldnt afford bc they got so much assistance. We both work bc we need to keep a stable environment for Gary and it WILL get better, so right now, we gotta bust our butts! Thats my rant for the morning lol.

April 27th, 2013, 12:35 PM
That's really sad that people give you crap. That's so not right. I hate that people always feel the need to butt in when children are involved. But, I can say I know what you mean. I have gotten crap too about staying home. I was flat out told by my BROTHER that all I do is sit home and do nothing and he said to me "Being a Mom is not a job, you sit down all day." I WISH I SAT DOWN ALL DAY! It's like people have something to say NO MATTER what. Sucks.
mama_2_Callen likes this.

April 28th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree. It sucks that you are getting crap. Everyone does what is best for their own family. People need to butt out! Jess I get that too. I hardly get a chance to sit down all day. And i never ever get to eat hot food. lol. Not that I'm complaining its just not easy no matter if you work or not. I also have huge respect for working moms. I think they are awesome!

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
April 28th, 2013, 02:31 PM
I always say to DH "A SAHM does not eat hot food." and I want to make that into a shirt because most of the time I do not get too. Like you, I am not complaining. I am just saying it is not the easiest job in the world.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search