Well visits

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2013, 11:34 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Emily, the stories I could tell you would make your head spin. We've dealt with child services a few times now, and sometimes I just feel like yelling . . . REALLY?! REALLY?!?!?! I breastfed my kids, I am COMPLETELY against even spanking them, they are CLEARLY well fed and get just about everything within reason that they want and definitely everything that they need. But you, whose primary job is to make sure children aren't being abused, are knocking on MY door? I get they need to look into things, but they would seriously drag things out sometimes and would insinuate things with NO evidence (because there is nothing going on for there to be evidence of!) and the whole time I'm thinking, "What child is getting beat right now or left in a dirty diaper while you are interrogating me, while my children are clean, happy, smiling, and eating a healthy snack of boiled eggs, almonds, and fresh berries with a bottle of spring water?"

Sorry to vent, but yeah, things are so out of whack here. then there are the cases where children are dying after being beaten and left in a CAGE in the house or backyard, etc--HOW DID THEY MISS THAT?! I'll tell you how? They were in a hurry to finish up there and get to my house in some kind of mission to prove that the middle-class can be just as guilty as child abuse. I'm not saying that's not true, but don't use our family to try to prove a point if we aren't guilty of anything.
April 28th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow! That is insane! I can't believe that they bothered with you when there is serious stuff going on. They have stuff so backwards. I am seriously afraid that on monday I'm gonna get a call from cps or something. I mean we don't have insurance for them yet. We don't qualify for state Insurance but good insurance is so expensive. Ughh. Why cant they just mind their own business?

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
April 28th, 2013, 12:52 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow. That's ridiculous!

And yes, 99* is not a fever. Crazy people. I know they have to look over a child that's brought in, but there are better ways to phrase questions.

We got a letter a few months ago from the base clinic informing us that we had to take our son in to get all of his missing vaccines ASAP. My husband laughed and threw the letter away. I am waiting for them to contact his commander at some point because we don't vaccinate. They pretty much don't get why some families choose to not vaccinate on schedule. I know the risks and I am willing to accept them, so please leave us be!
mama_2_Callen likes this.

April 28th, 2013, 03:19 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I think CPS is a good thing but I also think that sometimes it can be a "bad" thing? I cannot think of the word. My brother fell out of a tree when he was 7 ish and broke his clavicle. CPS got called to interview us when he was taken to the ER and they were like *trying* to find something wrong. Well, that is the impression *I* got. And then they were called 2 more times after that when my brothers got hurt. I know it's there job to protect kids, but why do they try and PUSH to find something, like I know that some kids will start to believe what they are being told and lie. I have seen it, so could that ever happen based on a lie and then kids are taken away for no reason?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

April 29th, 2013, 06:17 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post

I cant believe your Dr is that involved Sarah. Totally not fair. There are only two Dr's in town that take our insurance. The first one will not accept us because we do not vax so we really have no choice. He has never once done his reflexes, talked to him, anything. Just in and out, bam. Drake hates the Drs anyways so it's ok.
That's a shame. I thought all doctors did these things. She wanted to see his strength and how he walked at his 12m and now that he talks at his 15 month she said simple words to see how he responded and whatnot. It makes me sad that so many other drs arent involved like that. She is really an awesome person. there's another dr that works out of that office too I only saw her when Gary was admitted in August but she wasnt nearly as sweet.

April 29th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I think CPS is a good thing but I also think that sometimes it can be a "bad" thing? I cannot think of the word. My brother fell out of a tree when he was 7 ish and broke his clavicle. CPS got called to interview us when he was taken to the ER and they were like *trying* to find something wrong. Well, that is the impression *I* got. And then they were called 2 more times after that when my brothers got hurt. I know it's there job to protect kids, but why do they try and PUSH to find something, like I know that some kids will start to believe what they are being told and lie. I have seen it, so could that ever happen based on a lie and then kids are taken away for no reason?
I have heard of that happening too. I know in PA cps is pretty much a big fat joke. Its so sad because there are kids out there that really do need help. I hope that they would have a legitimate reason for taking kids away but I am not really sure.

sorry to hijack the thread!

Sarah sounds like you a wonderful doctor for Gary! If I had a doctor that great and insurance I might take my kids!

April 29th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I agree Emily. Some CPS is a fat joke. They are a fat joke in NYC. (Where I am from, and when they were called on my Mom) They seem to WANT to find something when nothing is there. I agree you kinda have to dig sometimes, but really, they try to like change kids minds. I remember once they were interviewing my little brother in the living room and we were all in the back of the house and they kept asking him the same question over and over like assuming he was lying, he then broke down and cried hysterically because he was not believing him. That got me so mad, and I was like 12. I cannot imagine how a parent would feel when they are completely innocent.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

April 30th, 2013, 07:18 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Plunket do visits for the following:
First week
2-4 weeks
4-6 weeks
8-10 weeks
3-4 months
5-7 months
9-12 months
15-18 months - just had this a week ago ~ Eve was 15 mo + 3 weeks
2-3 years
and
"Before School" so around 5 yrs

We're VERY lucky when it comes to well checks. Our nurse comes to our house. We have the option of going into the clinic/rooms, but for some reason they keep coming to our house so I'm not changing that LOL

Sarah, I LOVE the sound of your pedi!!!!!

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

April 30th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayssmile View Post
Wow. That's ridiculous!

And yes, 99* is not a fever. Crazy people. I know they have to look over a child that's brought in, but there are better ways to phrase questions.

We got a letter a few months ago from the base clinic informing us that we had to take our son in to get all of his missing vaccines ASAP. My husband laughed and threw the letter away. I am waiting for them to contact his commander at some point because we don't vaccinate. They pretty much don't get why some families choose to not vaccinate on schedule. I know the risks and I am willing to accept them, so please leave us be!
How awesome of your DH to throw the letter away! Hopefully you don't hear anything from anyone. I don't understand why its any of other peoples business why I do or do not vax my kids.

That is awesome that they doctor comes to your house for visits!!

April 30th, 2013, 02:39 PM
HAHA! I must have missed that! I LOVE that your DH laughed and threw it away!

Gabbs, I LOVE that they come to your house. It must make Eve feel "normal" since she gets to stay home. Drake hates the Dr's so I wonder if he would do better if someone came to see him in his home? Not like they offer that anyway.

April 30th, 2013, 06:11 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Quote:
HAHA! I must have missed that! I LOVE that your DH laughed and threw it away!

Gabbs, I LOVE that they come to your house. It must make Eve feel "normal" since she gets to stay home. Drake hates the Dr's so I wonder if he would do better if someone came to see him in his home? Not like they offer that anyway.
I'd say he would be more at ease, yes! If you asked, do you think they would? It would be worth a shot!
When Eve got her 1st (and only!) vaccinations, they came to our house too.

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

May 2nd, 2013, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We do all well baby checks. Kids don't have any co pays here (Germany) and our doc is pretty good about separating sick kids from well kids. Kids there for check ups go directly up to the rooms and don't wait in the waiting rooms at all. I won't lie, one reason we go is because I'm scared the German equivalent of CPS will come. Germany is known for rules and regulations and since everything is free they probably think there is no reason not to go to these checks. I don't think we have as many as in the States though; her last one was around a year and she doesn't have another till she's 22-24 months.

May 3rd, 2013, 12:41 AM
Gabby, I have never ever heard of a Dr doing a home visit. I have no idea if that even exists. And honestly, I do not want one in my house! I would have them wash there hands and take there shoes off outside. I am a freak, I know.

I wish we had free health care here. It's such a scam here, so expensive.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search