OMG!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IronMamma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 02:32 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
So this afternoon I took Drake to the Dr to get his eczema checked up on. He has had a 3 day flare and it's the worst yet so I just wanted to make sure he was ok. I also have eczema which makes it a little better, I know how to control it to a point but this is just awful. Its his whole upper body. Poor baby. But anyways, he also has not eaten in 3 days. Not anything. He is not acting different, he is as active as ever, he will drink all day, just not eat. He is also cutting tooth # 18 so I assumed his mouth just feels icky. So I get to the Dr, and this guy walks in I have never seen before. It's an intern. He is doing all the pre visits before Drakes actual Dr comes in. Fine. Whatever. Drake does not like the Dr, like at all. It is one of the only times he will cry, not want to be held, and is just plain mad. Well he had to get his ears checked, and it took this guy like 5 minutes. Well it seemed that way. He was like "Has he been tugging at his ears?" I told him "no". He says to me"Looks like his ear was red, then it wasn't, I don't know. maybe because he was crying, just keep an eye on it." Ok....you just told me "I don't know?!" So Drake wants out of the room, he is screaming. He is not in pain, he just hates it. So he tries to leave the room I am sitting on the chair just letting him walk around and the door is like cracked, so the intern goes to close the door so Drake would not walk out (he was closer then I was) and he uses his foot and slams Drakes fingers in the door! WTH!!! Drake is now in hysterics. I am mad, but I am trying to get this appointment over with. The intern is like "I usually don't beat up my patients on there first visit." Whatever, shut up, get done! He wants to look at his ears again! I finally get Drake calmed down, and when the intern comes near him he screams. He now hates him. Gah! So his actual Dr comes in and we finish and leave. Poor Drake! That STUPID intern!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

April 25th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh no! sounds like an all around awful appointment! Sorry it stunk so bad!

Did you get any answers re. his skin condition? My brother had severe severe eczema growing up. I always feel for anyone who has it!

April 25th, 2013, 03:29 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
Aww poor baby and poor mama. Were you mad? I would have been mad
April 25th, 2013, 04:20 PM
He just has eczema, that is what everyone says. He had it when he was a newborn, but not bad at all. The older he gets the more it shows. I am hoping that he grows out of it like most do. I did not have eczema until after I gave birth, which I learned can happen too. I just aveeno him up all the time, and give him luke warm baths. The Dr prescribed him a steroid but there is no way I am going to run his little body in a steroid. I am also prescribed a steroid but I am educated enough to know how to control it and what to do and I know what triggers it. I am not a Dr but I seem to know our bodies well enough to not turn to a steroid. I am not "against" them, but not for a 16 month old.

Katy, I was actually not "mad" I was more focused on Drake. He was crying so hard so I just calmed him down and put all my energy into him.
NinjaCakes likes this.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

April 26th, 2013, 04:34 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I would have been sooo angry! When you texted me last night I was like WHAT! lol UGH. If I was the intern I would have been SO apologetic. Glad that you don't need to do the steroid. Gary was on them twice for his breathing. Of course this fat kid will eat anything so he got soooo excited about it (bc its oral) lol But those are ONLY when necessary like when he has the labored breathing.
Does his skin itch? I have psoriasis and it seems like Gary is getting that and it ITCHES.

April 26th, 2013, 10:29 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Wow. I think a little more than an offhanded joke was called for! Maybe an apology?! Jerk. Poor little guy

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
April 26th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh woow. I hate when doctors have no common sense or manners. You work with kids you have to know how to handle them geez! Poor Drake I hope his skin gets better! My son had horrible skin when he was younger turns out he has a milk allergy. Once we eliminated all dairy his skin cleared up! At least you know how to deal with his eczema.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
April 26th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, my brother's skin didn't get really bad until he was school age. He really did need the steroids in order to control it. The skin on his entier body would crack and bleed and he spent months at a time in excruciating pain, no natural or homeopathic methods could even touch it... trust me my mom tried them all! He's 22 now, and still suffers from bad flaire ups but can usually treat with red clove salve.

April 26th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Sarah, I was walking home and I had to text you! I was so mad! The Dr is like a 10 minute walk from my house not even, so no sense in using gas.

You would think, hmm, I am a Pediatric, babies are sneaky and clumbsy, maybe I will not use my foot to close a door when a 16 month old hands are there! DUHHH!!! I was actually proud of myself. I wanted to scream so bad, but I knew Drake needed me more then that Dr because I would have went off.

My eczema is really bad. It's the worst on my hands. Go figure. Sometimes when water hits them it's like pouring salt into an open wound. The pain is intense. And sometimes my hands crack open just from doing whatever, typing, brushing my hair, my teeth, everything and anything. I have not been in remission in almost 2 years. It can come and go, but this stretch is too long! I feel like it will never go away. Sometimes when I am in so much pain I say "WHYYYY!!!!!!" out loud, and that makes me feel better for a minute.

Sarah, I forgot to answer you. Yes, Drake is VERY itchy. Eczema is very itchy. Sucks. He has scratched his skin completely open to wear he bleeds. I feel so bad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search