Woah!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 01:54 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
These last two days I have slept in until 1 PM! WITH DRAKE! He has been going to bed at like 2ish am, he is Mammas little night owl. But this sleeping in so late is wonderful!!!

How have your LO's been doing at night?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

April 30th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh wow!! that is great that he is sleeping that many straight hours!! For the past couple nights neither of them has been waking up! yay! But I am sure it will not last both of my kids seem to hate sleep. Oh well I am a terrible sleeper too.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
April 30th, 2013, 02:04 PM
It seems like each and every night Drake goes to sleep later and later. Which is "ok" but DH has to be at work at 4:30 am so I am alone and he is sleeping so that makes me sleepy when I am really not sleepy. Does that make sense? I wish he would go to bed a little earlier but I have tried again and again and again and if HE is not ready, it will not happen. Last night I layed him down at 11:11 pm and he drank his bottle and was wide awake. So I layed there in the dark with him for 2 hours until he fell asleep. He did not cry or anything, he was just rolling around being all goofy!

That's great they have been sleeping! I am a terrible sleeper too! I ALWAYS wake up. Like last night I think I woke like 3 times which is WAY less then normal. So, i'll take it!

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

April 30th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Destiny
Ellie's sleep schedule used to be like that, but it was causing lots of problems when I got preggo and wanted to go to bed at 7 and she's was partying until 3 in the morning. It took a looooong time to adjust her schedule. I think we were doing it in 10 minute a week increments.

We're sleeping okay here. I honestly keep falling asleep way before the kids do and leaving poor hubby with all the bedtime responsibilities. I'm just way too tired!

April 30th, 2013, 03:55 PM
How did you get her to sleep earlier? Like I said, I have tried like for nights when I am just sooo tired but nothing works if he is not ready.

April 30th, 2013, 05:01 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
WOW!!!! I remember the days
Enjoy it while it lasts hehe

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

April 30th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean. If Callen is not ready to go to sleep he won't either. Honestly I don't really have any advice cuz I have tried everything and nothing works. I think he is just like me and a terrible sleeper. He goes to sleep when he is ready and trying to make him sleep just makes it worse.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
April 30th, 2013, 05:44 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
We are boring over here. Well not that I can complain. Gary has been on the same schedule from 2 months til now almost 17 months, he goes to bed at 8pm (of course there have been a handful of times he went to bed a little later or earlier) but on weekdays I wake him up around 6:15 (since I have to bring him to my mother in law) and then on weekends he sleeps usually until anywhere from 7-9. He never wakes up. Of course he has here and there over the past year, but that was either teething or an ear infection. He is the BEST sleeper ever. And like everyone keeps telling me, I shouldnt expect it the next kid lol

May 1st, 2013, 11:30 AM
Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
How did you get her to sleep earlier? Like I said, I have tried like for nights when I am just sooo tired but nothing works if he is not ready.
We would just walk her to sleep, earlier and earlier. Some nights it took hours, but eventually she started going to bed earlier. She still goes down later than I'd like, but that's more because my husband gets distracted while he's putting her to bed and starts playing games or turns on the light to read a book.
I think one of the issues with her was that she was going down late, getting up early and was severely sleep deprived. She was having night terrors almost every night and way too many tantrums during the day. She still doesn't sleep enough, but it's far better than it used to be.

May 1st, 2013, 12:56 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for getting sleep finally! I'm sure you'll be able to shift to better hour over time. At least there is no rush to do so! I hear people get their bet sleep before midnight but I can't understand why that is/ the logic behind that claim.
May 1st, 2013, 04:28 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Woo hoo! Hope that keeps up! No more waking up at 3am :S

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 1st, 2013, 04:58 PM
Destiny, I have done that before as well. I have tried to put him to bed earlier and it took hours. He does not cry so it's not that "hard", just very exhausting. But, almost every time I did that he would literally roll around for HOURS to the point where I had to pee or something and had to get up and so did he. At least I do not have to wake for work or anything so it's ok that he stays up late. I am sure over time he will sleep better. Like yesterday he skipped his nap. I thought that since he did that he would go to bed and sleep all night. Wrong. He went to bed at 9 pm and woke at 3 am and was up for the day. I went to bed at 2 and layed there not being able to sleep and just when I felt my body dozing off he woke. So we were up until morning. DH got home from work at 7:30 am and he let me sleep. Thank god for that! Drake ended up falling back asleep, waking at noon, then fell asleep for a nap a little after 3 and woke at 4:30. So maybe tonight he will sleep well since he took an earlier nap today.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search