Intact care

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By NinjaCakes
  • 2 Post By ~*kath*~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 04:27 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey ladies,
so I have a 7 year old son who is intact. About a month ago he was complaining it hurt when he peed. So I took him to the doctors, I was thinking he may have a uti or something. So i took him and everything came back fine, but the doctor said he had phimosis and the opening was too tight and referred me to a urologist.
His foreskin is not still attached, its completely moveable, the only thing that is stopping it from retracting is that the opening at the end is too small.
Everything that I have read has told me that its not a big deal if its small yet, as long as he can pee fine then thats all that matters.
The doctor did give us some cortisone cream to apply to the tip. Brody had the pain for about a week, a month ago but it hasn't hurt him since.
I didn't take him to the urologist, I figured they would just push circ...

opinions??

also, sorry if this is the wrong board to bring this up.. I could have swore the last time I was on JM there was an intact board but I couldnt find it.

Thanks!

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

April 30th, 2013, 04:53 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Hey Kathy. I am also a Mom to an intact little boy. He is still attached since he is too small. From what I have known, as long as he can pee then I would not worry about it. DH is also intact and he has said the same thing. I would just keep an eye for it for any differences, but I would not take him to a Dr again unless something happened.

I did not see an intact board either. I was not aware there used to be one. I would love if there was!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

April 30th, 2013, 07:40 PM
ya there used to be an intact board and circumcision board.. they must not have been very popular

thanks for your reply! I don't plan on taking him back to a dr... they didn't seem very intact friendly so I dont see how its going to be any help...
I've been applying the cortisone cream so I guess unless it gets any smaller I'll just leave things be.

April 30th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is he still uncomfortable when he pees? If so I would still consider taking him, the Dr. may be abe to provide an alternative to circ, that would solve the issues. And you are never forced to have a procedure performed that you aren't comfortable with. If he isn't in any more pain then I think it would be fine to skip the appointment.

In my own opinion, if he were having medical complications that would be corrected by a circumcision, that, to me, is what the procedure is for. I do not support routine infant circ. but do think that if he is suffering or could suffer more complications later on it may be something worth considering. That said, I don't in any way claim to understand your particular situation, and completely respect that you made the choice to keep him intact and obviously there are risks associated with the procedure.

April 30th, 2013, 11:50 PM
I agree. If there is pain I would take him, if not then I would just watch it for changes.

I know how frustrating it can be when you go to a Dr and they try an "educate" you on something you are not interested in aka they try and force it on you. I know exactly what you mean. Like I said, my son is intact and I have gotten some rude comments about it and questions, and honestly, I am not going to have it done on him ever unless it is a medical emergency. (Which I can never see happening) But anyways, I hope he starts to feel better and as he grows it will become more comfortable.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

May 1st, 2013, 12:32 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Poor little guy I don't know anything about this, but I really hope you find a solution soon, and a supportive care provider.
KMH likes this.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 1st, 2013, 01:59 PM
No he isnt uncomfortable anymore when he pees... so thats why I didn't bother with the urologist appointment.
He is only 7 so there is plenty of time for the situation to correct itself. . .
thanks for your input though ladies
crunchywannabe and IronMamma like this.

May 1st, 2013, 05:35 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Good luck

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 1st, 2013, 05:55 PM
You are absolutely right. He has plenty of time for the issue to correct itself. Good luck! I hope everything goes good for him!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search