baby swing

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By stargatemommy
  • 1 Post By crunchywannabe
  • 1 Post By NinjaCakes
  • 1 Post By alwayssmile

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2013, 09:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I finally broke down and bought a swing. Teddy loves it and it gives me time to be with Peter one-on-one.

I can't help but feel guilty though. Peter was held or worn at all time. Even while I showered. I feel bad that Teddy doesn't get the same level of attention that Peter got.... I know, it's silly. I just love my boys so much and am having a hard time dividind my time fairly for them....

The seat comes off and it can be used as a bouncy seat/rocker. Peter likes to sit in it as watch tv sometimes.

ComfortablyMum and NinjaCakes like this.

Last edited by stargatemommy; May 3rd, 2013 at 10:26 PM.
May 3rd, 2013, 09:57 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I know what you mean. I do no have another child but I can only imagine.

A baby swing is good! If he likes it then there is no guilt needed! He is not neglected, Mamma is just taking time to love up on her other boy. It's ok! You can still shower with him too. You are doing the best you can and there is nothing wrong with that!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

May 4th, 2013, 03:09 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
WOW!! They look like twins!! Soooo gorgeous

We had a swing also, but hardly used it. Only when we really needed to have our arms free (we didn't have a sling)

I couldn't imagine how you are feeling, dividing your attention. Although I would feel the same

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

May 4th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am glad he likes the swing! Don't feel guilty you have 2 kids now of course its going to be different. But thats ok. Now you have 2 adorable boys to love on. If he likes the swing than that gives you time to spend with peter alone which is also important. You are doing a great job and the less you stress the better you will feel.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
May 4th, 2013, 09:58 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nothing to feel bad about! We had a swing with all our kids. Sometimes I need space. I love my kids but I might want to take a shower ALONE sometimes or cook a meal without the baby in a carrier.
May 4th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also see nothing wrong with using the swing at all!!! I know you would never leave him to scream it out in there, but just look how peaceful and happy he is! He must be so comfy!!!

We were given a swing, and a bouncy chair, and a play mat etc from my SIL, and I have all 3 washed and ready to go for whenever I feel like me or baby could use it! I see nothing wrong with these things. None are 'required' but there is nothing wrong with using them!
alittlelost likes this.

May 4th, 2013, 12:56 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
There is definitely nothing wrong with having a little you time, or a little you and DS time

I know that feeling of guilt you're talking about. I don't have two kids, but there were times when I tended multiple kids. The two in particular I'm thinking of I was over the moon for, they were great girls. However the youngest got used to spending the whole day with me while the oldest was at school, and so when the oldest got home they were fighting for attention. It was really hard! I felt bad for not being able to give the little one as much attention as I did all day. I felt equally bad for not being able to give the older one that same attention, especially because I'd known her her whole life and she was used to getting all of my attention before her sister was born.

I know it feels like you're doing something wrong either way, but I hope you can try to not feel too bad. Really you aren't, you're just trying to give everyone what they need. I think you're doing a great job of it.
alittlelost likes this.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 5th, 2013, 02:54 PM
I always figure that different kids get different things from the family. The oldest one benefits from being the only kid and getting a lot of one on one attention from both parents. The second kid will not get as much one on one from the parents because it isnt physically possible. He will on the other hand get attention from parents plus big brother which on it's own is quite precious.

My first spent the first 5 months in my lap. My second on the other hand has always been bit more independent with playing by herself and as a baby would scream at me until I put her down on the floor few times. Her big sister is her favorite person in the whole world. She still wants attention from me and will come and snuggle when she needs to. I am pretty confident that her needs are being met.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
May 6th, 2013, 08:14 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used a swing with both of my kids. They're both motion junkies and when I need that space from being touched out it's perfect. In fact, Zoe is currently snoozing away in her travel swing. It was a very long day and I NEED some space from her so that I can be a better mommy overnight to her. In the end, use what works.
alittlelost likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search