In a bit of a pickle... a WWYD situation

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By mama_2_Callen
  • 2 Post By NinjaCakes
  • 1 Post By IronMamma
  • 1 Post By ComfortablyMum
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By IronMamma
  • 1 Post By IronMamma
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By ratladee
  • 1 Post By mama_2_Callen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2013, 03:11 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Okay.. so, Eve has been taking the bottle with her to bed during the night lately. I still feed her to sleep for the 1st initial one, but the rest she does on her own.

I have always cuddled, fed, rocked & sung Eve to sleep. And I wanted to continue to do that until she wanted me to stop. Howeverrrr, I am REALLY enjoy all this extra sleep I have been getting from not having to sit with her in the rocker when she wakes during the night for feeds. I can actually pop the bottle into her mouth while she's still in her crib & go back to bed.

BUT... I miss my baby cuddles I feel like a "bad parent" because I am no longer with her, feeding her and snuggling her warm sleepy body

Am I crazy? Would you be like me and want all the extra sleep, or would you continue to cuddle your baby just cause you can?

Random question, but it is pulling at my heart strings... she is growing up faster than I wanted

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

May 11th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm.. That is a tough one. For me personally I am not very happy if I don't get enough sleep. I feel like I can be a better parent during the day If I am well rested. I would probably give her the bottle and go back to sleep and just love on her extra during the day. Don't feel like a bad mom you aren't doing anything wrong us moms need sleep too. But that's just what I would do since I know I get grumpy. Lol. You are an amazing mom!
klockert and ComfortablyMum like this.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
May 11th, 2013, 09:24 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_2_Callen View Post
I feel like I can be a better parent during the day If I am well rested.
I can' definitely echo this part. It is much easier to deal with the day to day stresses of kids if you aren't tired. There have been times I've felt bad about having to let a kid put themselves to sleep however works for them, but I've felt worse about getting frustrated with them over little things when they really don't know any better.

I guess I'd say if she's happy with it, it's ok You need your rest too.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 11th, 2013, 09:26 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
First of all you are not crazy! I know exactly what you mean. Drake will "wake" (he is not fully awake, but fusses until he gets the bottle) maybe like 3 times a night or less now for his bottle. We co-sleep so it's a lot easier to give him his bottle (2oz) and just go back to sleep. I cuddle him while he is drinking and sometimes wake up hours later still in the same position with the bottle next to us or hanging out of his mouth. Don't worry! We brush his teeth! Me personally, I LOVE my sleep BUT I love that Drake is kinda still a "baby" so I would rock him back to sleep. That's just me. But it's SO hard to say because each Mamma is different. But at the same time if you giving her the bottle and going back to sleep works, then there is nothing wrong with that at all.
ComfortablyMum likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

May 11th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Eve has never really slept through the night since birth, so I am sooo used to being woken every so many hours. I hardly get tired during the day because of it now

I think I might keep doing what I am, and sneak a few cuddles in when I feel like it
mama_2_Callen likes this.

May 13th, 2013, 04:39 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Definitely hard to say. . .Gary stopped waking for night time bottles / cuddles around 11 months sooo I personally have gotten used to it. I secretly wish he would wake up sometimes SOMETIMES lol. But if you're enjoying your sleep and STILL being a good mom during the day, there's NOTHING wrong with that!!!

May 13th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I love sleepy baby night time cuddles too Sarah.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

May 13th, 2013, 12:54 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
Gabby is not a cuddler and never has been. She's just too busy. I can count on one hand how many times I have actually gotten to hold and rock her to sleep. I just give her a bottle and lay her down, she sometimes drinks it, sometimes not.

May 13th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Aww she does not cuddle?! I would be so sad if Drake did not cuddle. Do you wish she would?

Drake cuddles everyday, like 10 times a day. Sometimes he will cuddle for like 20 minutes at a time.

May 13th, 2013, 03:31 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
The twins like to be cuddled sometimes but at bedtime we just have our routine and they go right to sleep. Last week I was rubbing Noah's back and he pushed my hand away.

Last edited by KatyG; May 13th, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
May 13th, 2013, 03:47 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Gary is like that too ^^ I tried rubbing his back one night he was not having it at all. We have a routine and everynight is the same lay him down and he rolls over and goes to sleep. I cant complain but like I said I miss him waking up sometimes.

May 13th, 2013, 05:08 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah I wish she was a cuddler. Even when she was tiny she would move constantly when you held her, now she will come sit on my lap and give me the occasional hug and kiss but for the most part she wants nothing to do with being held and cuddled.

May 14th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Awwwwww!!!! I could not handle not being cuddled!!

Maybe I will stick to cuddling her more as it seems like she may grow out of it eventually!

May 14th, 2013, 09:04 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
It seems kind of odd that she is still waking up for night time feeds. I don't know, I know every baby is different but maybe she is needing something to suck on, and not an actual bottle. Does she use a bink? I don't think it's really healthy for them to sleep with a bottle either... :-/

May 14th, 2013, 05:23 PM
She hardly eats, that's why. I can't let her gurgling tummy stay gurgling
I don't want to reintroduce the bink lol!

May 14th, 2013, 06:14 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I feel ya on that hardly eating thing. It's like Madison takes 2 bites of dinner then throws the rest on the floor lol. She has a 9oz bottle as I rock her and then she's out for the rest of the night. I have no advice. But since it's a WWYD, I'd try to make sure she ate better before bed, have a goodnight bottle, and then see if something else at night would help her sleep. Just because I never let her have a bottle at night in her crib.

May 14th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She might not grow out of cuddles! My son is 3 and he still loves cuddles!

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
May 15th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratladee View Post
I feel ya on that hardly eating thing. It's like Madison takes 2 bites of dinner then throws the rest on the floor lol. She has a 9oz bottle as I rock her and then she's out for the rest of the night. I have no advice. But since it's a WWYD, I'd try to make sure she ate better before bed, have a goodnight bottle, and then see if something else at night would help her sleep. Just because I never let her have a bottle at night in her crib.
It always makes me feel better hearing that other LOs Eve's age are doing the same things! I wish this "phase" would pass already LOL!
I've tried not giving her one, but she seems to wake even more when I don't, so I give in
We've tried pushing more food before bed, but ya can only do so much pushing
Thank you though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_2_Callen View Post
She might not grow out of cuddles! My son is 3 and he still loves cuddles!
I have a feeling she wont she is sooo affectionate

May 15th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Drake still takes the bottle at night Miranda. Sometimes 5 times, 3 oz at a time. He has been doing this since 6 months. Some night he does not even want to drink it all. He has not used a bink in over a year. He weaned himself. Drake does not like to eat, hardly at all. He will go 3 days at a time with no food, which is why he is on formula. He is gaining weight great. He weights 30 lbs and is healthy as ever. Nothing else works with Drake when he wakes at night. Only a bottle.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search