Sunday Stress!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IronMamma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2013, 02:07 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist

I am SO stressing about tomorrow. My Mom and youngest brother are coming over for dinner that DH is making BUT she always makes me feel awkward. Ugh. We obviously invited her over because we try to be the "bigger" ones, but ... I don't know. I just really hope everything goes well.

Anyone else stressed for tomorrow?

But...

I hope you all have a wonderful Mother Day!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

May 12th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry Jess! I hope it goes well and you guys can have a good tine! I live 16 hours. Away from my mom so I won't see her. I wish I could though. I woke up feeling sick so we won't be doing anything.

Happy mothers day to all the amazing mammas here!

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
May 12th, 2013, 06:39 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Awwww!! I hope it goes smoothly, Jess

Oh no! Being sick is the pits I hope you feel better soon! What is it you've caught?

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

May 13th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think whatever callen had! I still feel terrible. I haven't eaten since Saturday. I just want to feel better!

How did the dinner go Jess? I hope it went well!

May 13th, 2013, 12:27 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Emily, are you still sick? And how is Callen?

It went pretty good yesterday. I had a great day. My Mom was still very distant from Drake, did not really interact with him, I will NEVER understand that. There is nothing I can do about it though. I have talked to her about it and then she will act all lovey dovey for ONE day then it stops. She lives 5 minutes away and she sees Drake like MAYBE every other week, and I would not even consider that seeing him because she does not do anything with him. I feel so jipped on life sometimes.

But, DH let me sleep in until 2pm, then when I woke there were fresh chocolate chip pancakes, bacon and fried potatoes with coffee. MMMM!! After that, my Mom came over and I took Drake outside with my younger brother while Dave cooked dinner. He made panko chicken, broccoli and rice with sweet tea. THEN I got my gifts, I got two owl wind chimes, an owl garden rain collector, a fake yellow towel rose (its sooo freakin cute!), a Owl garden decoration thing. Its an owl head on a metal stick so I can put it in the ground. I got an white rock with an owl painted on it and Drake "made" me a moon that is hung on the wall that says "We love you Mamma." THEN when my Mom left DH cleaned both bathrooms and the kitchen because he said to me "You will do no chores today." When Drake went to bed we watched 2 episodes of The Amazing Race. I had SUCH a good day!!

How was your day ladies? Gabbs I know you already had Mothers Day. You are a day ahead! You are from the future!!!
ComfortablyMum likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

May 13th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I still don't really feel good. Callen is fine and I'm hoping kellsey doesn't catch it.

Sounds like you had an amazing day Jess! All the stuff you got sounds so cute! And go dh for doing all the cooking and cleaning! I'm sorry your mom is like that. That is so sad. I can't Imagine if my mom were like that. When we lived in pa we lived 15 minutes from my parents and if they didn't see the kids every other day they would freak out. But my mil is like your mom. She doesn't even consider my kids her grandkids. Shes never gotten them anything for Christmas or birthdays. When she moved back to new Hampshire it was the happiest day of my life. Lol.

May 14th, 2013, 01:42 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Sounds like you had an amazing day Jess!! you deserved it!

And I am jealous of all your new owl things

That sucks you're still feeling yucky, Emily

I wouldn't know what to do if my Mum was the same as yours Jess that is so sad. She is missing out on SO much!!

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search