Have you ever

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 02:12 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Been so stressed out as a Mom that you actually thought "I cannot do this!" ?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

May 13th, 2013, 04:02 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Yes. When Gary was 7 months old. He would NOT sleeeeeeep. Come to find out he was getting teeth and had an ear infection and upper resp. infection and one night in the hospital under hourly treatments he was a THOUSAND times better and all was well in my world lol. It was stressful. We slept for 45 minutes one night, I thought he breathing was weird and everyone kept telling me ohhhh hes fine! Nope glad i took him to the dr!

May 13th, 2013, 05:04 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
Honestly almost everyday. It's been almost 18 months and I still have ppd.

May 13th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Aw Kim I'm so sorry. I cannot imagine. What about when you take her outside? I know for me fresh air makes me feel better, especially the park where Drake can run and be "free". Does DH help out when he comes home at night?

Sarah, 45 minutes of sleep? I did that for MONTHS!!!!! But that was when Dave was not here so it was like 10 times worse!

But, honestly, I have never said that. I have said things like "Omg I need a break", but I have never thought I could no do this. Sorry ladies. I am not trying to be mean.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

May 13th, 2013, 07:13 PM
I was in the kitchen just now preparing to make dinner and I was thinking about what I said last. I don't want you ladies to think I was being mean, like I think I am perfect or something because I have never thought that. Here is why. When I was little I was always told by my Mom "I love you but I DO NOT LIKE YOU." All.The.Time. Every time I would make a mistake or make her upset she would say that to me. When I get a negative feeling like "I can't do this anymore", something along those lines I remember when I was a little girl and how awful that made me feel. In my brain I feel like if I express that feeling Drake will know and love me less, just like me and my Mother.

I have been completely stressed out. Drake used to wake literally 12 times a night, night terrors and just not wanting to sleep at all and I used to cry, scream (I would let out one scream and I would calm down), I would walk away for one second to get air, I would sit in the living room all night while he was sleeping just waiting for him to wake because it was easier to be awake for 24 hours then sleep for MAYBE 2 hours all broken up. Believe me, I know what you ladies mean. I just cannot express that feeling, because I feel guilt. I hope you understand.

May 14th, 2013, 01:54 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Awwwwwwwww Jess!! don't feel mean! Or that we would have taken it wrong! It was easy to see what you meant but the explanation tells it all.

HUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE *HUGS* lovie. I couldn't even imagine how you must have felt hearing that from your Mum my heart feels broken for you

My answer...

Yep.. I have said that. More than once. It was when Eve was tiny though, and before I got on the anti depressants for PPD. I never ONCE regretted having her. I just felt like I had been defeated. Like I was not worthy enough to take care of an infant.

All is well now though and has been for months.

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

May 14th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Destiny
I feel that way quite often. I think it's pretty normal, but I guess I don't know. I usually tough it out until my husband gets home and go off by myself until I feel more balanced.
Most of the time, I love my kids and enjoy being around them, but I don't get nearly enough breaks and time by myself, so I feel like I don't have enough reserves to draw on when the s--t hits the fan

May 14th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Yeaa I dont know how you did that for months. I had to work the next morning so trust me, it was just as bad and Gary worked overnights at the time so he wasnt home either. Sometimes I guess when he gets cranky and I cant make him happy I feel like what can i do, what am I doing wrong!?! But now luckily he tells me its his teeth when he is upset, the past few days he has been a little on the whiny side, and saying teeeeeeth.

May 14th, 2013, 08:55 AM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
I had moments like that especially when they were newborns because I did everything by myself. The twins dad wasn't involved, my parents didn't help, and I just felt like I was alone with two fussy babies.
May 14th, 2013, 09:00 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Nothing past a deep breath clenching my fists and moving on. That was last thursday when I was sick and hubby was taking his sweet time at the store while I had both screaming babies at home.

May 14th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I said this last night actually. I was still throwing up and feeling like crap. Both of the kids were being whiny and yelling and dh is out of town for work. I was just so exhausted.

Jess thats so sad that your mom was like that. I can't ever imagine being like that. I may be frustrated with the kids but I would never ever say anything to them about it.
IronMamma likes this.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
May 14th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Its ok ladies. I get over it. Well it still bothers me but whatever.

Just remember ladies, when things get tough our babies need us!
mama_2_Callen likes this.

May 15th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I was just re-reading this thread, and the first thing you posted was fine? I dont think you're being mean if you never thought you couldn't do it.
Everyone is different. If i got to stay home everyday with Gary instead of working (back then, now its so routine) I prob wouldnt have felt that way. At that time, Gary was making crap money and I was prettttty much the sole-provider for us and that was a big burden on me, plus I got up with the baby, I cleaned, I cooked and I still had to go to work by 7 the next day.

LOL I dont know how that turned into THAT but there lol

May 15th, 2013, 10:32 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Not as a mom obviously, but yes. I was once caring for two non-verbal autistic children, both under the age of 2. Neither had slept well the night before, they were smacking and shoving each other every other minute, fighting over toys, wouldn't eat, wouldn't lay down, and it was my *woman* time. I was at my limit that day. I couldn't wait for their parents to get home, which made me feel horrible because they were really terrible parents.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 15th, 2013, 01:59 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like I'm constantly playing a guessing game of who needs what so I can meet both of their needs. It's constant. Zoe isn't sleeping well at night currently, so it's not like I'm getting rested. I don't get breaks away from them ever. It used to be that just getting out of the house with them made the day more bearable, but these days taking Aiden out of the house is like going out with a ticking time bomb. DH is gearing up for a deployment, so life is just going to get worse for me. I hate it, but I do think "I cannot do this anymore!" at times. I somehow do keep going and keep trying to meet their needs. But it sucks. Life was much easier a year ago with just a young toddler to keep up with!

May 16th, 2013, 12:00 AM
^^ That is one of many that makes me scared to have number two and have made me feel like I am one and done. I am so scared to juggle two kids, because having just one is easy. Not saying that I cannot do a "harder" job, I hope you know what I mean.

I am sorry DH is leaving. How long will he be gone for?

May 16th, 2013, 06:57 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
It's not hard Jess But I have an above average awesome newborn er, he's 3 months old now, but he's soooooo easy.
IronMamma likes this.

May 16th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree I think its actually easier that I have two cuz they keep each other entertained and Callen is sooo helpful with Kellsey.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
May 16th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There were a few occurrences of this when MB was little. Dh was being flat useless and I was doing my teaching internship. I felt like a single mom and I wasn't. MB was a very good baby...I just got really bad Ppd from being basically forced back on BC pills.

It was hard and I felt really guilty for it. MB now loves to have time to herself when she's feeling upset. She also loves to play and entertain herself!

May 16th, 2013, 12:24 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Billy has had croup since Sunday. I have been up since 2 am this morning. At the moment I want to collapse and cry. I am at work right now and wish I could go home, but I have missed so many days already

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search