O/T - anyone else?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MommyBeth

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 10:58 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Anyone else jump right out of your skin when you're asleep and the phone rings? It is comparable to a bucket of ice cold water being dumped on me, with a follow up dose of all-day heartburn. After a wake up like that there is no falling back asleep for me. I am seriously dragging a** today again, because BF's family cannot get it through their heads that it is rude to call at an hour when they know someone isn't awake. After eight years of us living together they have not caught on or do not care that we are not early risers. By all means if it is an emergency then call, but it NEVER has been. Of course he won't put his phone on silent, bob knows why! Vibrate wakes me up anyway. He falls back asleep at the drop of a hat so it doesn't bother him. I think I need to start calling them at 1, 2, and 3am just so they know what it feels like.

I know I'm tired, pissy, and pregnant and probably over-complainant. I'm really not looking forward to taking this final with three hours of sleep though. If they keep this crap up after the baby is born someone is going to get a serious verbal whipping from me

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Last edited by NinjaCakes; May 15th, 2013 at 10:42 AM.
May 14th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Destiny
That is why I keep the phone downstairs, no one hears it if it rings. And since my hubby used to do night shift we get a lot of really late calls.
It's never been something I couldn't handle in the morning instead of at night. And yes, drives me nuts, door knocking, phone ringing, alarm going off. I just feel awful all day.

May 14th, 2013, 11:35 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
So sorry...I'm the same way. That jolt of adrenaline makes it impossible to just relax and carry on as usual.

We used to have issues with my MIL calling at crazy hours and we finally told her that she is not to call (unless it is an emergency) between 9pm and 9am. She didn't listen, so when we moved we didn't give her our new number for a few days. She finally figured out that we were serious about her respecting our wishes and now she behaves 99% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCakes View Post
That's not a verbal whipping

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

May 14th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry! I would be really annoyed too. Why are they calling? I would just turn off bfs phone if he isn't going to. I know thats mean but I hate being woken up. I also have that problem now with my landlords. They think its acceptable to call or bang on my door at 7 in the morning even though we have told them several times not to. I don't understand people.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
May 14th, 2013, 05:22 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
I know the feeling!! That is why we BOTH have our phones on silent during the night
It sucks your BF won't do this! How rude

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

May 14th, 2013, 08:01 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I only get scared if I leave it on the counter because it vibrates before it rings and that buzzing / monster like sound scares me every time!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

May 15th, 2013, 10:17 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I'm seriously such a pissy tired person, it is ridiculous. Yesterday it was to ask BF what time he had to go somewhere - and then to tell him he was lying because nobody would have an appointment at 8:30! Really? THREE different people called for that same reason. They constantly bug him, nag him, or put him down and they wonder why he doesn't want to answer their phone calls.

And just now one of them called his phone, and called my phone immediately after, and called his phone again. To ask what time he goes to work today. Hmm, I don't know, maybe the same time he has gone to work EVERY DAY BUT SATURDAY for the past YEAR. Seriously people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_2_Callen View Post
They think its acceptable to call or bang on my door at 7 in the morning even though we have told them several times not to. I don't understand people.
That's another thing that does it to me, someone at the door. I'll be awake as awake can be and he'll still be stone cold asleep. It amazes me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
I only get scared if I leave it on the counter because it vibrates before it rings and that buzzing / monster like sound scares me every time!!
Lol I can see that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
That's not a verbal whipping
That's what I really want to do, but I think it is illegal

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Last edited by NinjaCakes; May 15th, 2013 at 10:44 AM.
May 15th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My FIL was terrible. Called Dh's phone all hours of the day and night. Even when he knew Dh would be sleeping. It was usually to talk about video games. Dh had to finally just do it to him to get him to stop. And trust me do not interrupt my sleep without a dang good reason.
NinjaCakes likes this.

May 15th, 2013, 11:49 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
To talk about video games so late? I would not be happy about that, especially if it woke me up!

My Mom has a habit of calling really early, like 8 am, and Drake usually stays up until early morning so 8 am is like the early middle of the night to us. I tell her everytime and it kinda ticks me.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search