Meat

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 01:09 PM
IronMamma's Avatar -Child Advocate
Do you eat meat?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

When you know better, you do better. And when you do better, you know HINTA.

May 22nd, 2013, 01:12 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
We do.

May 22nd, 2013, 01:19 PM
When I got pregnant meat was so disgusting to me. So I stopped eating red meat and pork. I only ate chicken and turkey. Then a little while later I became full blown vegetarian for about a year. Then I got a craving for chicken, so I went back to chicken and turkey. Still to this day I cannot eat red meat or pork. It sincerely makes me want to gag and I have no idea why. I have no problem seeing someone else eat it, I just can't.

May 22nd, 2013, 02:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes but I go through phases. Lol sometimes I love it and then other times I can't stand it. Its weird. Lol.
IronMamma likes this.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
May 22nd, 2013, 02:18 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Indeed I do. I eat chicken with a bit of vigor because the things are so darn evil.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 22nd, 2013, 02:27 PM
Emily, I am the same way. You are not weird. I do a lot of research and that is why I do not eat a lot of things and also, I don't like many things. I think a lot of food tastes gross.

I am going to have to google vigor.

May 22nd, 2013, 02:43 PM
Destiny
I've been a vegetarian for 8 years now. Eating meat is just really weird and gross to me. I've felt horrible about eating it since I was very small, but my parents were the sort that made me eat everything that was put in front of me.
I started cooking my own meals, and just stopped eating meat altogether. I don't think I'll ever go back.
IronMamma likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 04:38 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yes DH and I are Midwestern farm kids, so we grew up on a steak-and-potato kind of diet. I try to limit our red meat and we go vegetarian one day a week, but we could never, ever give up meat.

I will also say that it depends on the meat. Beef from Walmart tastes awful, and the chickens look like turkeys. If you buy grass-fed beef and chicken raised without growth hormones, the meat tastes SO much better.
ComfortablyMum likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

May 22nd, 2013, 04:51 PM
Destiny, I know what you mean. Sometimes when I buy meat all I see is "flesh". The hardest part for me is I don't like literally 95% of foods vegetarians eat so I got like no nutrition. I do not like beans, at all, no nuts of any kind, I think all fake products taste nasty. Like all morning star, and all of those. I have done so much research and talked to some vegetarians and everything they suggested I did not like. Can you make some suggestions for me?

May 22nd, 2013, 04:54 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
I have been a vegetarian since I was 12, so for about 18 years now. Originally I decided to do it because of the animal rights issue, but now I just keep it up mostly out of habit. I will say that, traveling as much as I do, being a vegetarian has come in very handy -- it's made it easier for me to tactfully reject strange foods that I felt squeamish about eating! I've also gotten food poisoning less often than my DH has while traveling.

One unfortunate side effect is that my kids have also picked up the habit of not eating much meat. I wish that they would eat it more often! I know that sounds strange, but I think that it's really important for them to get that protein intake when they are very young and growing. Both of my kids, since they started solids, have preferred vegetables and sweets to meat (probably because that's what I ate during my pregnancies). My oldest will basically only eat chicken nuggets. He'll eat all kinds of vegetables with no problem, but he won't touch any meat that hasn't been heavily processed. My youngest is a bit more open-minded, but still doesn't get as much protein as I would like him to. They'll both eat nuts and beans, though, so I guess there's that.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
May 22nd, 2013, 05:01 PM
Sometimes I get worried about what kind of nutrients Drake is getting. He does not eat any veggies or fruits. This is why a few months ago I put him on toddler formula to make up for what he is missing. He will only eat yogurt, grilled cheese, pizza, and mac and cheese. I am not even kidding, that is it. Nothing else. Oh and toast. I can offer him food all day long, and he is not interested at all.

May 22nd, 2013, 06:21 PM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
I eat mostly chicken or turkey. Every now and then beef. I refuse to eat meat out or food that has meat already in it. I only eat what I prepare at home

May 22nd, 2013, 06:55 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Yes!! yum yum

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

May 22nd, 2013, 09:01 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes but not that much. Meat isn't as big here as it is in other countries. Lamb, sausage and seafood are more common than beef.
May 22nd, 2013, 11:45 PM
I also don't like eating something with meat in it like at a restaurant. I don't know why, I feel like it could be bad or something. But I will get a piece of chicken, but not like meat sauce.

I know that America eats more beef then anyone else.

May 23rd, 2013, 05:57 AM
Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
Destiny, I know what you mean. Sometimes when I buy meat all I see is "flesh". The hardest part for me is I don't like literally 95% of foods vegetarians eat so I got like no nutrition. I do not like beans, at all, no nuts of any kind, I think all fake products taste nasty. Like all morning star, and all of those. I have done so much research and talked to some vegetarians and everything they suggested I did not like. Can you make some suggestions for me?
I think you just have to experiment.
Try some vegetarian dishes and see what you think. There are a lot of foods that are staples in my diet that I originally hated, but I cooked them in different ways until I found something I liked. I didn't like beans, but now we have burritos and chili (with quinoa!) that everyone likes and eats. I just tried different things until I found something I liked and could make on a regular basis.

May 23rd, 2013, 07:33 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
We eat meat. I found an AWESOME pork chop, I don't know the cut that I bought, so sometimes I get the wrong kind. Anyways, this magical pork chop just MELTS in your mouth. I sear it on the skillet, with salt pepper and brown sugar, then I bake it at 400 for 15 minutes and it is SO tender, crispy and sweet on the outside. Anyways, if I get the wrong cut, and I cook it the same way, it comes out like leather. I love making parmesan chicken out of chicken thighs, I like dark meat mostly. We don't eat that much turkey or ham. Just on holidays I guess. We had jumbo shrimp last night. We eat beef too, steak and hamburgers. But I'm pretty bored of meat and how I cook it.

May 23rd, 2013, 07:37 AM
I don't eat cows and pigs because they have emotions and they can cry. I feel bad.

May 23rd, 2013, 07:54 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I asked about vegetarian recipes in my PR a few weeks ago; here is the link. I never thought DH and I would like a meatless meal, but some of these are amazing and really filling!

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...n-recipes.html (Your favorite vegetarian/vegan recipes!)

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

May 23rd, 2013, 08:32 AM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes I eat meat. I prefer chicken over beef or pork though. Unless it's a big juicy steak! Yummmm!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search