Sunday Secrets

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joonzgurl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2013, 03:46 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Have you ever kept a secret from DH / SO?
Are you keeping one now?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

May 26th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes. And yes. Our dog chewed up his favorite hat and he will be so mad if he finds out so I just told him it got lost in the move and bought him a new hat. It seems dumb I know but we've had arguments over the stupid dog chewing up stuff and I can't do that again. Its stupid. But I really don't lie or keep secrets about anything else.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
May 26th, 2013, 06:55 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
^^ understandable lol!

I dont think I have or am. . . WAIT YES lol just that I bought another set of Big Lots brand pregnancy tests a week ago bc I was still wasnt convinced lol. But if I told him he would just laugh so I dont care lol

May 26th, 2013, 09:36 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I keep secrets from hubby until I am face to face with him. My husband spent 5 yearts in Iraq and now works away from home 4 days a week. I usually don't tell him things until he comes home.

Leslie

May 26th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I keep thinking I will keep a secret from DH and then I blab as soon as I talk to him. I'm horrible at keeping secrets. But my 'secrets' tend to be that I bought something or gave to some charity or have a surprise for him. They're all pretty boring.

I HAVE kept more important secrets from him before when we were dating as teenagers but I told him about that stuff long ago.

May 26th, 2013, 06:03 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Yes I have. Some things I really have to process myself before I share them with other people, because some people have a talent for saying exactly the wrong thing every time.

Right now, not that I can think of. I guess if I was I'm not anymore

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 26th, 2013, 07:35 PM
I am not keeping anything right now and I have in the past but not for long. I always end up telling him everything because I have a very guilty conscience.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

May 26th, 2013, 08:34 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Mines usually when I buy stuff too, but he checks the account regularly so he sees everything anyway lol. I did have some secrets that I kept for a year. My friend shipped us a 38 pound box of baby clothes for Madison before she was born and I was still pregnant. I set the box on the hood of our(more his) car and I didn't lift it right, I SLID it like a ******* and made a big crosshatch scratch. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT after we had it 100% repaired/repainted from the hail storm that caused that car $9,000 + worth of damage! I bought/tried everything to make it go away, even though it was a very faint scratch. When I told him he said he never even noticed it. And then there was the one time I left the car running for 45 minutes while I went to the store because I forgot to shut it off, and the gas light was on long before that too! I don't know how it stayed running with hardly any gas in it!

OMG. do yall ever ask your hubby to tell you a secret?! Well I did. And he was telling me how he was seeing 2 girls at the same time when he met me. I don't know how it got to the topic but he said that he slept with a girl that is currently in our lives. And he said how would you feel if I told you I slept with Heather. And I was like WHATTTT!!!!! But he was kidding. (I hope) I was going to slap the silly out of him! I'm still tossing around the idea of asking her about it.

May 27th, 2013, 10:04 AM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't think of anything. I forget to tell him stuff at times, but I'm not actually keeping it from him at all.

May 27th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Just usually how much some things cost. But that was before I was a SAHM and was working and it was coming out of my personal use money.

May 27th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Omg Miranda, if Dave said something like that to me I have no idea how I would react. Seeing TWO girls at the same time, how do you trust him? I mean, I know that was a while ago but still!

May 28th, 2013, 01:45 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
I have! In the past. I told him eventually.
I am not keeping one right now

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

May 28th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Destiny
No secrets right now.
I'll keep them from him, but usually if I have a gift for him, or it's someone elses secret. I will tell him something like "someone I know is pregnant!" something general, because you don't tell him anything you don't want the world to know. He couldn't keep a secret worth his life.
I will also tell him that I ordered something for him, but not what it is, or where I hide it.

May 28th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
Omg Miranda, if Dave said something like that to me I have no idea how I would react. Seeing TWO girls at the same time, how do you trust him? I mean, I know that was a while ago but still!
Omg you don't even want to know about my dh's past. I'll just say he is super experienced. I have a hard time with it but I just have to remember that that was in the past and he is different now. We have kids and we are married. But it still gets to me especially since he still occasionally talks to one of his ex girlfriends on facebook. I hate Facebook. I just have to trust him.

And he has to trust me too. When I met him I was casually seeing someone else and there may have been an overlap. But that's all in the past and we were both young and having fun. (Aka stupid) lol.

May 28th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Call me insane but if Dave was talking to his ex on Facebook I would question my marriage, BUT then again, I have very low self esteem so maybe that is why I would freak.

When DH and I met we were both in relationships.

May 29th, 2013, 05:55 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Yeah it was in the past and I just have to convince myself it doesn't matter. He's a lil heartbreaker I tell you what. He said that when he met me he wasn't "available" like, even though he was casually seeing 2 girls he didn't want a serious relationship but I changed that in him and I didn't even try. And the other girls were 28 and 25 and here I am 19 years old and he was 24. So I must be pretty awesome. /smug haha He doesn't talk to his exes at all except his ex wife baby mama. Which is fine by me.

May 29th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah it causes some huge issues between us. Its dumb. They dated when he was 16 and for like 5 months but she is having relationship issues and I feel like she is using that to talk to Chris. And she lives in new Hampshire but I still don't like. I'm friends with my exes on facebook but I don't talk to them. I don't know. If his past was cleaner than I would be ok with him talking to her but I know how he used to be so I'm always afraid that hes gonna go back. Its my low self esteem that makes me think like that too it sucks.

May 29th, 2013, 06:36 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I dont think I have kept a secret from him purposefully.
IronMamma likes this.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
May 30th, 2013, 03:31 AM
^^ I am SO happy to see you here! I have missed you!!! Stay around Mamma!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search