Secrets

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Pretty Crispy
  • 1 Post By IronMamma
  • 1 Post By ComfortablyMum
  • 1 Post By ComfortablyMum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2013, 02:34 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
"I'll just do it and you won't know about it."

I have serious issues with the idea of people doing things to or with my child that I won't know about, or teaching a child that it is ok to keep secrets from adults, especially parents. Seriously though, is there ANY mama here who wouldn't nearly stroke out at having that said to them when their child is concerned?! I can't believe it!! Who the h*ll thinks that way?!?

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
June 16th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
I'd be pissed if someone said that to me and would be sure to never leave my child alone with them for a second.
ComfortablyMum and NinjaCakes like this.

June 16th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ditto mrskk, I would never leave my kid with someone who said that. That is incredibly creepy and so insulting.

June 16th, 2013, 04:17 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Is there something in particular you a referring to? Like your mom saying she was going to feed your child peanuts or something like that?

I wouldn't be cool with someone saying that either.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)

Last edited by joonzgurl; June 16th, 2013 at 04:22 PM.
June 16th, 2013, 04:29 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
That wouldn't be okay with me at all. Ever!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

June 16th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Eowyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
woah! I would have trouble having anything to do with anyone who would say something like that.
June 17th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies. I would have a really hard time leaving my kids with someone who says that. Is there anything in particular that you are talking about. My mom has said that jokingly about giving them extra cookies or something but that's totally different in my opinion cuz she was joking. I guess it depends on the context is what I'm trying to say.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
June 17th, 2013, 11:24 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
my father in law has jokingly said that about putting a Giants jersey on Gary hahaha. But for real. . .thats not cool.

A big thank you to Jaidynsmum for another gorgeous siggy!!
June 17th, 2013, 12:17 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I would not be ok with that. I have serious trust issues with people anyway so if someone said that, joking or not I would never let them be with my son if I was not around.
NinjaCakes likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

June 18th, 2013, 01:17 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Ditto all the other ladies! That is not right in my books, so Eve would never be allowed with said people alone. Ever. Joking about my child's well-being is not okay.
IronMamma likes this.

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

June 18th, 2013, 06:51 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
This scares me a little about DH's Mom. She has never met Drake and we have not seen her in over 3 years which is fine by us but we both want Drake to meet her, but she cannot be alone with him. Ever. She is very like, manipulative. She will always do the opposite of what YOU say so that is kinda like the same thing.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

June 18th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
This is why L will not be left with any family for a LOOOOONG time. I don't trust certain people to not retract him even if we tell them not to. I know for a fact my grandparents would leave him to CIO because they did it with me and keep telling me to do it with L. I would trust my mom the most but only by herself not with her SO present. My inlaws I trust to a degree but wouldn't listen to our instructions on certain things, they would give him juice and solids even if we said absolutely not - they support breastfeeding but only up to 6 months old.. After that baby should be on solids and formula or pumped milk.

June 18th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow I can't believe that everyones family is like that! I trust my parents with everything. We left callen with them when he was a year old for a week when we went on our honeymoon. They ask me about everything. If they weren't like that I would never leave them alone with them. That's why my kids will never be left with anyone in dh's family.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
June 18th, 2013, 03:44 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
The context was not something serious, though it was actually coupled with an insult. That did not make me any happier, obviously (why would you tell a photographer that you're going to take their child to ANOTHER photographer to have their picture taken in the RIGHT kind of clothes?). I explained to her that an attitude like that is exactly what I will not accept from anyone. I am not like that family - I am not ok with secrets or lies. Those are the things children learn that make them prime targets for predators, not to mention destroy any sense of security they have in their own family.

The baby isn't even here yet and she already disagrees with the few of my parenting beliefs I've shared. Disagreeing is fine, but disrespecting and disregarding are not. If I can't trust someone to respect me with the small things, I can't trust them with the big ones, and currently I don't trust her with anything. I don't even trust my own mom. I barely know this woman and she has always just assumed she would be allowed to have this baby alone. Never has she bothered to consult me. She bought a baby swing, a stroller, even clothes for HER house (because I don't know how to dress a baby - I have to learn to dress her "cute" - she has a laundry list of things she *doesn't want to see* on this baby. Pardon me but who the f*ck do you think you are?). Her control issues make it very clear that if my child was left alone with her, she wouldn't respect my wishes. I don't even know if she knows how to properly take care of a baby - her kids are almost 30. A LOT has changed since they were little, and her kids are screwed up to boot.

When I told her she has no rights at all to this kid without my permission she flipped a lid. Why would you ever think it would be any different? And why is seeing this baby without me around so god d*mn important?! That creeps me out two fold. She thinks because she is family she has a license to do what she wants. She "didn't think" she would need to ask. WHY?! I don't understand why people assume they have any rights to someone else's kid!

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Last edited by NinjaCakes; June 19th, 2013 at 12:42 PM.
June 18th, 2013, 05:03 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
woah! That is insane!!

I think this lady needs a reality check and an introduction to the new world!
NinjaCakes likes this.

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

June 18th, 2013, 07:58 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Oh wow, that sounds quite stressful!!!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search