Sleep Check In

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By mama_2_Callen
  • 1 Post By mama_2_Callen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2013, 05:21 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
We have not checked in with sleep in a couple weeks. How are your LO's sleeping? How are you sleeping?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

June 17th, 2013, 05:54 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I sleep terribly. Gary is still the same he goes down around 8 up at 6:15
On weekdays and gets up whenever he does on weekends. He's a sleeper. Lol
ComfortablyMum likes this.

June 17th, 2013, 06:35 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Eve is doing really well at the moment!!
She is STTN!!
*touches wood*

She has been going to bed for the night anywhere between 6.30 and 7.30pm, and wakes once (MAYBE twice) for a bottle/cuddle anywhere around 10.30pm - 1.30am then wakes for the day between 8.30 - 10am

She used to sleep in TWO HOUR blocks!! But I got used to it lol. This is heaven

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

June 17th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ha, my 1 year old sleeps better than my 4 year old does. Norah sleeps through the night but Nathaniel will wake up to come snuggle in bed with me. Normally I wouldn't mind it but I don't want to bedshare with him and the baby at the same time, so I don't want him to get used to it and then have to stop when the baby gets here.

June 17th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Actually pretty well. I had separated them but they sleep so much better together so now they are back In the same room and they sleep through the night! Its almost like they are twins or something.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
June 17th, 2013, 07:20 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nicholas will sleep like 10 hours straight through the night, no nursing, when in OUR bed.

In his own bed, forget it lol

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

June 18th, 2013, 06:49 AM
I sleep pretty bad no matter what. It can take me HOURS, literally to fall asleep. But that is nothing new. I have always been like that. And since having Drake I am a super light sleeper. Drake is still up all night and sleeps through the day. Today he went to bed at 5 am so this is "night" for me right now. I am ok with this, the ONLY thing I do not like is we do not get as much sunshine even though its SOO HOT! But I got him up early two times in hopes he would sleep during the night, nope. He flipped this way so I am sure he will flip back.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

June 18th, 2013, 07:37 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Liam's sleep is erratic. We have entered the fear phase. The fear of monsters, reflections, bugs, and so forth.

Leslie

June 18th, 2013, 07:57 AM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
We sleep pretty well. L has been going 4 hours at night between feeds so he usually eats twice. He goes to bed around 11pm, give or take a half hour, up around 3 and 7. Then he sleeps until 11am or so. I get up around 8-9 so I get a decent 9-10 hours most nights. I'm happy with it considering he's 9 weeks old and I was prepared for 4 hours of sleep only.

June 18th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I forgot to add that I still sleep like crap. I'm pretty much the same as you Jess. It sucks.
IronMamma likes this.

June 18th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_2_Callen View Post
I forgot to add that I still sleep like crap. I'm pretty much the same as you Jess. It sucks.
Lets just get together and give each other breaks since the men work so much! LOL!

June 18th, 2013, 12:21 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We aren't doing too shabby around here.

Liam usually sleeps through, from 8:30-7am. But 1-2 times a week he will wake up and need something in the night (paci is lost, sheets need straightening, more water, etc).

Kieran sleeps from 8:30-6ish. Without fail. Then he gets into my bed (hubby's spot, who is gone for work) and sleeps a bit more, til Liam comes in at 7 or so.

Jo generally falls out for the "night" between 9-11. She will give me anywhere from 3-7 hours that first stretch and then is up every 2-3 hours after that until we get up at 7am. She usually goes back to sleep out in the rock-n-play til 9-10am. But it's not really that bad for a newborn. She already has a mini-routine going on and three out of the past four nights, her first stretch was more than 4.5 hours. I am trying not to get so excited!! Lol.
June 18th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
Lets just get together and give each other breaks since the men work so much! LOL!
Lol! Sounds great to me!!
IronMamma likes this.

June 18th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Destiny
Eli is STTN more than not. I got him in his own toddler bed, so when he does wake up it's just him climbing into bed next to me and cuddling for the rest of the night. Can't say I mind too much

Eliana's sleep is still a mess. She goes through good stages and bad ones, right now we're in a bad one. She's up for hours in the middle of the night, and she'll be sooo loud. The majority of Eli's nightwakings are caused by her.
I think it might just be spending time with DH, because she refuses me, but when she got up right after DH left for work I just told her that daddy was gone for the day and she just went in her room and went back to sleep. Not really sure how to fix it though.

June 18th, 2013, 04:15 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aiden STTN the vast majority of the time. Zoe sleeps great at night. She grunts to eat a few times a night. Longest stretch is 4 hours, but it's never consistent as to when and it's not every night. I wake up feeling rested 5 of 7 days a week since we cosleep. I just have to lean a boob over.

ETA: the two days I don't feel rested is usually due to Zoe being happy and awake till midnight before peacefully drifting off.....and Aiden waking up at 6am.

June 18th, 2013, 07:53 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I am sleeping pretty well. Avery is STTN again after a couple weeks of poor sleep (teeth). She sleeps about 8-6 (sometimes 7) as long as there is nothing bothering her. I usually am asleep by 11, so I am doing ok. Waking up to pee but other than that sleeping well.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
June 19th, 2013, 10:11 AM
I remember how Avery was not STTN at all, or not even close so I am glad you are finally getting some rest.

June 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
Noah sleeps though the night for the most part. Liam has been waking up several times during the night I think he is teething because he used to sleep through the night. I've been sleeping okay, sometimes it takes me a long time to fall asleep.
June 20th, 2013, 12:06 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are doing pretty well around here. Eleanor has finally been STTN- usually 8/8:30 until 6:30/7. Sometimes she gets into phases where she wakes early (5-5:30), and that is not my favorite, but I will take that over waking multiple times a night. And I am still sleeping well despite my huge pregnant belly, so I am excited!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search