Wednesday Wallet

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IronMamma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2013, 11:12 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
You just found a wallet with a lot of money in it. What do you do? (This happened to me, I am curious to see if anyone does what I did)

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

June 19th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Destiny
I would turn it in to the police station. If DH was with me he would probably fish out their ID and deliver it himself.

June 19th, 2013, 11:55 AM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
Try to contact the owner. If not go to local police station and have them try to contact owner. I would compensate the person to return my wallet if they went through that much trouble.

June 19th, 2013, 12:46 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Bring it to PD or look at the ID and find an address.

June 19th, 2013, 01:45 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
If there were an ID, I'd probably hunt them down. I'm one of those people who stops for every roaming dog so I can call their owner and so on. I don't know that I'd just trust it to a random person at the PD. I would probably make sure it got to one that I know to lessen the chance that it would be pocketed.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
June 19th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Eowyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd just take it to the police station. a lot of people don't have current addresses on their ID's and it might not be safe to drop it off personally.
In the past I remember finding a wallet with a phone number on it and the ID showed a young girl and I just called and she came over to pick it up- now that I'm older Im a little more cautious I guess.
June 20th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Well, let me yell you what I did. I found a wallet in a parking lot when I was like 13 ish or so. I have no idea why I never remembered until now, but anyways. I looked inside because I was curious. There was a lot of money in there. Like a wad of $100's. This person clearly just got paid. My family could have used that growing up but I knew it was wrong. I called my Dad to come get me and he did. I showed him the wallet and he asked what I was going to do with it. I told him I wanted to take it "home" to the man. So we drove to his house. No answer. We drove around and came back again, no answer. I wrote a note to him telling him where I found it and my name and phone number and I hid it on his porch. He obviously found it because he called me that night. He told me thank you so much and so on. He wanted to talk to my Dad. He told him that not even a dollar was missing and he wanted to reward me. He came over that night with $100 worth of movie gift cards. I WAS SO HAPPY! He gave me a speech and gave me a hug and told my Dad what a good girl I was. That night I took my Dad to see a movie. I am 28 years old, and I have never forgotten that. I just wanted to share that with you ladies.
ComfortablyMum likes this.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

June 20th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww that's awesome! That was so nice of that guy! I would take it to the police station. Dh left my wallet at the laundromat last year and some girl picked it up and didn't turn it in to the police till a month later! I have no idea why it took her so long. And 20 dollars was missing. It was weird.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
June 20th, 2013, 07:52 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
^ that's weird Emily!!

Aww Jess you're such a good girl
I would have done the same thing! Now days though, I would have just taken it to the police shop.

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

June 21st, 2013, 05:33 AM
For some reason I feel like if a wallet is found now a days and brought to the police station, they would not try and contact the person. They would just throw it in a bin or something and wait for someone to come and claim they lost it. And I know for me, if I lost my wallet, I would NEVER think to check there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search