car seat to booster.

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2013, 01:34 PM
Eowyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD has grown so much this summer, She is at the max height for her 5 point harness seat.
I want to get her a booster, but not sure if I should get the seat kind or the ones with the back that have the belt loop thingy....lol, see, I totally know what I'm talking about

this is the seat she currently has.

graco nautilus - Google Search
Even though she isn't 60 lbs, she is just getting too tall for it, her shoulders are passing the highest strap setting. -
Even though it turns into a booster that can hold weight up to 100 lbs-i want to give this one to my son who is 4 1/2 and outgrowing his own current seat- so that he can remain in 5 point harness longer as well.

Because she's so tall is a booster with a back needed? My understanding was that the back is there to keep the seatbelt in the correct place for children not tall enough.

I sure hope someone can help me or direct me to help! i wasn't sure where to post this- you ladies are always just so helpful
June 21st, 2013, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry! I have no idea my son is only 3 but I want to see what other people have to say!

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
June 21st, 2013, 06:01 PM
Veteran
My oldest daughter is 5 1/2, weighs about 55 lbs, and is nearly 4' tall. We still have her in boosters w/ a back. We have a Graco Affix Youth Booster for my car and a Britax something-or-other for my husband's car. I love the Graco! Very easy to install and DD can buckle herself in. If we have other kids in the car with us, I put them in non-backed boosters but it always makes me nervous.
June 21st, 2013, 07:11 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
You might ask this over on the Car Seat Safety board; they have been really helpful when I have had questions.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

June 22nd, 2013, 05:51 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I have no idea! Sorry! I would ask over on that board too!!

I really like that booster though, the one you linked.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search