Daily YOU

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By mama_2_Callen
  • 1 Post By mama_2_Callen
  • 1 Post By TreeTog
  • 1 Post By Social Halfwit

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2013, 03:31 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
We always talk about our kids, our hubbys, what we are doing with the family, etc. Well we are all Moms so it's pretty obvious that is what there is to talk about. But, what is going on with YOU? Just you. No kids, hubbies, no one. Just you?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

June 23rd, 2013, 05:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is it sad that I have no idea. I feel like I don't have a life outside of kids and hubby. :-( I know I need to I just seriously don't have time.
joonzgurl and IronMamma like this.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
June 23rd, 2013, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just recently got my name legally changed so that my husband and I finally share one (it only took two years ). I was going to get my license changed too but the DMV was super-packed when I went, so that was a definite no go. I even planned ahead to go during the supposed "less busy" time, but apparently everyone had the same thought.

I haven't really been into my own stuff recently, because I feel so crappy. Usually I draw or game or something but right now I'm just existing as a host to The Baby.

June 24th, 2013, 04:32 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Well Ive had a stye for a week now. Yay. Other than that, really only thing going on with ME is being pregnant. The morning sickness and everything have really taken over my life. Hoping that it all calms down.

A big thank you to Jaidynsmum for another gorgeous siggy!!
June 25th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Emily, I am on the same page. I feel like my life IS Drake and DH. Not that that is a bad thing but I think you know exactly what I mean. I was just telling DH last night that it's starting to get really hard on me that I have no friends here, and no one for Drake to play with. I mean he is happy but I wish I had someone to hang with that had kids while DH works.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

June 25th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same. I really want the kids to have other kids to play with too. Some of the guys that chris works with have kids around callens age and I've tried contact them and get the kids to play together but they have ignored me. Idk so now I just give up I guess they don't like me? Its so hard to make friends. And I don't have anyone to watch the kids so I can't go out by myself. I agree Jess its really starting to wear on me.
IronMamma likes this.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
June 25th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Ya know, when I moved here I did not even think of that fact that I will have no friends, since all of mine are back East. But, since I don't have a 9 - 5 making friends is like pulling teeth. It's really hard. I mean, I go to the park all the time, but no one goes there to be social. Drake has had ONE play date his whole life. I really liked it, but then I never spoke to her again. I also do not have anyone to watch him, but sometimes I am ok with that because I feel like I would be a nervous wreck. Even though I have a hobby, I cannot do it until he is asleep, and by that time I am DEAD tired, so I do the same thing everyday. I KNOW this is what being a SAHM is and believe me I do NOT want to work, I just feel jipped sometimes. Like everyone else has someone and I have no one. Well, I know you are like me too.

June 25th, 2013, 07:00 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
At first I had to scratch my head- immediately I thought... hmmm I don't have a life outside of DH and baby. But the more I thought about it the more I realized I do!

I have 2 weeks left in my current course (Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology is my program) and then a weekend break and then will start the next course. I am doing well so far and it is very manageable (workload wise) so I am very excited to work towards becoming a Counselling Psychologist!

I am also very into the website 100 Days of Real Food - I find it really interesting! I have been changing the way I grocery shop and have been enjoying finding new recipes to try. DH is trying to lose weight too so making him healthy lunches has been fun- the experimenting part of it.

What else... I have two books that I requested that are in at the library, so I am looking forward to picking those up and getting started on them. One of a "real food" book and the other is a bubble gum Sophie Kinsella one.

Oh, and yesterday was my 29th bday, me and hubby celebrated the day before and then last night I met two close friends for supper. It was nice. And I got a mani and a pedi before hand

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
June 25th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Well! Sounds like you are having a fun time with life right now! And, happy late birthday!!! Glad you got to go out! AND got a mani and pedi.

June 25th, 2013, 07:17 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I am debating on going back to school to get my Bachelors degree. I want a new haircut, perm, color, or something. I am looking for a way to get some energy to do things.

June 26th, 2013, 11:08 AM
How long would that take you Leslie? And, what type of job would you get with it? I would also like some energy. I feel so tired most of the time.

June 26th, 2013, 08:09 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Since I have kids, it would take me about 3 years to get my Bachelors in Education. i currently have an AA in Behavioral Sciences. I would want to work in the school district in the special ed. dept. i can work as a para at this moment if I wanted to, but outside influences are not good for that to happen right now.

Leslie
IronMamma likes this.

June 26th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Oh that sounds awesome. You have to have a lot of patience for that. Let us know what you decide to do.

June 27th, 2013, 02:16 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Honestly, not a whole lot and that's okay

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

June 28th, 2013, 06:50 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got a root canal recently lol. Have the temp filling in and get my crown in two weeks. Costing me an arm and a leg. Ridiculous.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

June 30th, 2013, 09:57 AM
A root canal?! I have had a few of those too. I have been going through reconstructive surgery for a few years now. Sucks. I know that it costs so much. That's why this is taking so long.

June 30th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar omg shoes
We bought our first bunch of baby clothes and I am hand washing them and am blissfully happy right now. Next month, I'm going to buy a hand washing machine and wash all the baby clothes this way, so I can wash a small load every day. And that is my life.
IronMamma likes this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi and Brigham.
Excited for Elliott Tesla in June 2014!

July 1st, 2013, 03:00 PM
I love baby clothes shopping! I did not even know there was such thing as a hand washing machine. I have to google this!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search