Play groups

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2013, 02:15 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
At what age did you start taking your kids to play groups? If you haven't, what age do you think is appropriate? There are a few local women who organize play groups, mostly for the moms I think. I was thinking about dropping in to a few after baby is born to feel them out.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
July 3rd, 2013, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would love to go to play groups I just haven't found any I like. Lol. I don't think there is a certain age that I would start going at. If you want to go then you should!

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
July 3rd, 2013, 08:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't really have a play group, but I did start going to a community run 'Healthy Baby' group. there are about 5 other moms and 3 other babies born around the same time as Arthur. It really is a very low population area we are in! It's once a month, and I've been once when he was 3 weeks old. I'd like to start a more regular coffee/play group with the other moms, but because of DH's work, I have to be extremely exclusive in who I invite and I don't want to exclude anyone, and would rather not host.

July 3rd, 2013, 10:14 AM
Eowyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Never, actually.
There were always other friends or people with little ones for my kids to play with when they were little. when we moved to a different city we still made trips out to church where there were other kids to play with and frequent trips to the playground and library events meant the kids were always able to interact with other little ones their age. I never went out of my way to set up or attend meet-ups.
Now that DD is 6 1/2 I set up play dates for her with her friends.
DS mostly plays with friends from church but he is so social that he doesn't care how old you are, 4 or 40- if you are in the room you are his best friend. haha.
July 3rd, 2013, 11:20 AM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
We've been going since L was 6 weeks old. He's still too little to interact with the other babies but it gets us out of the house and I get some much needed socializing time.

July 3rd, 2013, 02:25 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
We started taking Drake when he was 6 months old. Well, we took him sooner then that but we just walked around. When he started crawling at 6 months is when we took him and we let him crawl around there.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

November 24th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Veteran
I am having this same question. My LO is 9 months and really busy and starting to act interested in other kids. I am going to try and take him to my aunts daycare this week when she only have 1 other little boy and see how it goes. Of course I will stay there the whole time
November 24th, 2013, 04:36 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't do that unfortunately my social anxiety gets in the way. I may need to overcome that... but generally I do some mommy and me classes after they are a year old.
November 25th, 2013, 04:44 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Never have. . . I have actually never even heard of any around here. BUT he goes to a sitter during the day and plays with her kids and most of my friends have kids around his age sooo we get together.

November 25th, 2013, 05:05 AM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sareymac View Post
Never have. . . I have actually never even heard of any around here. BUT he goes to a sitter during the day and plays with her kids and most of my friends have kids around his age sooo we get together.
There's actually a TON around here! I know you are pretty close to me and there's play groups almost daily in the area. We get together weekly with a 10 month old girl and on a different day with a 9 month old boy and 6 month old girl. The moms of the 9 mo and 6 mo old are totally AP which is great because I've had a rough time finding like minded moms around here.

November 25th, 2013, 10:21 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Crispy View Post
There's actually a TON around here! I know you are pretty close to me and there's play groups almost daily in the area. We get together weekly with a 10 month old girl and on a different day with a 9 month old boy and 6 month old girl. The moms of the 9 mo and 6 mo old are totally AP which is great because I've had a rough time finding like minded moms around here.
Never seen/heard of any. . . but then again I work all day so that wouldn't work anyway! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search