hello again :)

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies, I posted my birth story here:
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...tory-long.html (Baby G's Birth Story (long!))

G is here and doing very very well!! He is soooo mellow and such a good sleeper. Last night I had to wake him up to nurse and relieve my engorgement every few hours, and then after feeding he went right back out again. Right now his sister is screaming having a tantrum in another room and he is peacefully sleeping on me, totally unperturbed. He has lots of quiet alertness time too where he just looks around trying to see and making adorable funny faces. He cries at a much lower intensity level than M ever did and easily stops when his needs are met. Knock on wood, I may have one of these mythical "easy babies"!!!! Lol.

I am on bed rest so hopefully will have some time to catch up. Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

July 6th, 2013, 10:42 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations G sounds like a great baby to cuddle with in bed! I'm sorry you ended up with SPD, but hopefully it heals quickly- and it sounds like you did an awesome job throughout labor! How is M doing with the transition?
July 6th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Nicole!!! M is doing about as well as expected. I am really glad she has preschool because home has become (temporarily) a place with lots of No's, don't grab the baby, don't jump on the bed, don't take mommy's walker away, etc. And at school she can run wild and everything is designed with a child her age in mind, all their little rituals are the same, etc. She always comes home in a really good mood. I am also glad that DH is such an involved co-parent and my parents have been so involved too, because they have to do 99% of the care of M since I am laid up, but she is very accepting of that. Basically I think she/I are lucky that she has these "alloparents" or other trusted caregivers besides mommy. I try to tell her that I hurt my legs and bottom from getting the baby out of my belly, and I will be okay, but I have to rest and be gentle right now so I can get better. I think she understands a lot more than one might expect. Maybe not in the way an adult would understand it, but she gets the main idea. And I think she likes being treated as a serious person and things explained to her like that. However, it doesn't stop her natural rowdiness from taking over often and she just has a lot of energy. DH has her out on a hike with my dad right now and he played with her most of the morning. I came out and sat at the table for breakfast but she was taking my walker, climbing on my chair and trying to climb up on me, spilling my cereal bowl, etc so it was sort of a mess. I try hard to talk to her and ask her questions about fun things she did that day and tell her I love her and give her hugs and kisses. But the bed rest and SPD thing is definitely interfering with me spending much time with her right now I wanted to give her more time, and with G being so easy, if I was in better shape, I would definitely be spending more time with her. But despite the lack of mommy time, she has been doing pretty well. Since we came home she has been throwing more tantrums but I think that is pretty normal and just her working out her anxieties and emotions from the transition, they are mostly over very random tiny things and don't last very long. Long answer to a short question

July 6th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Congrats! Loved your birth story. So sorry to hear about the extreme pain and being laid up

July 6th, 2013, 05:30 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Congratz! LOVE hearing from you!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

July 6th, 2013, 07:48 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Sounds like you (and M) are handling this tough transition (because of the physical aspects) wonderfully! I am so glad your little boy is a dream baby! Loved your birth story
July 7th, 2013, 09:22 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure it is a lot harder to handle the transition being on bedrest... especially with the way M loves to run, jump, and climb all day! It sounds like she is doing amazingly well, though I think no matter what you do, you're going to get some tantrums when you bring a new baby home. And you're all really lucky to have so much great help with M!

I hope things continue to go as smoothly as possible for you! Keep us updated

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search