Check in!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 2 Post By MapleGranola
  • 2 Post By ohnicole
  • 1 Post By angelsailor288
  • 1 Post By KatyG
  • 1 Post By crunchywannabe
  • 1 Post By TreeTog
  • 1 Post By alwayssmile
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 3 Post By NinjaCakes
  • 1 Post By joonzgurl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
"Bueller?... Bueller?......" LOL

How is everybody doing?
What's your LO(s)' latest craze or skill?
Preggos, what's up with your bellies?
Can you believe it's almost August already?

-------

I am doing well, still getting my full functionality back, but I got G in the woven wrap and was walking around the house today doing a few things, which is a big milestone for me. My physical therapist has me walking around pigeon-toed to fix my hip alignment and it helps a LOT, amazing!!

M is talking up a storm and she has actually started using pronouns and verbs correctly some of the time. Like "I jumped." Still tough to understand her much of the time, but she's really improving fast! I love having conversations with her, especially since I can't play with her physically too well.

Time is passing so fast. Grant has his 1 month check up on Friday! His latest thing is ginormous poops, and trying to see things. He will stare at our faces when we get close, until he loses focus and goes cross eyed. He is so cute and so big already!! Some of his 0-3 month things are fitting a bit too small. His feet are too big for some of his footies.

July 28th, 2013, 09:14 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
It's been so quiet in here. I lurk around here and there. I guess you can count me in

I am good. I think starting to get out of that "funk" I fall into from about 6 weeks to 3 months. Must be hormonal. I am feeling a bit more energetic and having a little more patience...which is essential! Lol.

Kids are good. Liam went to his FIRST ever movie tonight with my mom and dad. It was his "reward" (don't judge ) for doing so well with potty training. He is pretty much trained. He is 100% during the day including naps. But still needs a diaper at night because he usually can't make it to the potty in the morning when he wakes up. But is dry the rest of the night. It was a long road to get him ready for it. But I am proud of him. He is doing really well. Mr. Kieran is learning tons of words. But it's hilarious to hear him "talk" full sentences, most of which consist of a series of grunts, groans, and hand motions. Cracks me up. He does have he syllable thing down though, he mimics them really well. They just started sharing a room this week, it's going okay. As expected, really. Not ideal, but not horrible. Ms. Jo is just funny. She loves to talk and chat, makes us know when she isn't done conversing too. She is grabbing at toys and doing that belly-crunch thing that looks likes she is trying to sit up. I have to resist the urge to push her back down. Lol. She is a happy kid.

That was long. Lol. I can not believe its August. I felt like May to August went so fast. I am blinking and my babies are growing. It's nuts.

"Do you want a gummy bear? It's been in my pocket so it soft."
shen7 and NinjaCakes like this.

Last edited by ashj_1218; July 28th, 2013 at 09:17 PM.
July 29th, 2013, 05:37 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I still coming here sometimes when there's nothing new I don't really post anything... we are doing good I got rid of the mrsa and I'm into the second trimester so I'm feeling a lot better .
shen7 likes this.

July 29th, 2013, 07:37 AM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
We're great! L has found his feet and is now giggling all of the time. Best sound ever!!
He's one of the easiest babies ever. Sleeps so well, nurses great. He's in a growth spurt right now and nursing a lot which I love because I miss all of the constant newborn nursing.

Can't believe its almost August and my monkey will be 4 months old

July 29th, 2013, 10:15 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's good to see updates! It has been quiet in here

We are doing well around here. I have been really busy because I started working a few months ago (I'm doing editing from home). Some weeks I have a ton of assignments and other weeks I don't have many, so it is kind of hard to get into a routine, and some weeks I am just exhausted. I am so grateful that the summer has been pretty mild so far!

Eleanor is busy talking up a storm! She is speaking in pretty much full sentences now... she started using 'a' and 'the' a couple weeks ago. It is so funny to wake up in the morning to "Daddy! Daddy! Help please. Open the door for Eleanor." She also loves to draw... she makes individual scribbles all over the paper then points to them and tells you what she drew. She is starting to recite books and sing songs, too. She can basically read Goodnight Moon to us verbatim, and she knows all the words to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Row Row Row Your Boat, and Baa Baa Black Sheep. She is also getting into counting, and will line up her animals then count them to 10. After 10 come 11 and 26 She is becoming a climber, too, which is not exactly my favorite

My pregnancy has been going smoothly so far. I am 35.5 weeks now, reaching the point where I started having complications with Eleanor, and I am just hoping to make it to 38 weeks without a major issue. So far so good. Baby Josie is a big kicker, and she has been passing her weekly NSTs with flying colors. We get to see her again on Friday.

I can't believe it's already almost August, but at the same time, I am pretty ready to meet Josie and see how Eleanor loves on her!
July 30th, 2013, 08:03 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello! Doing good here just busy with work and traveling back to New York almost every weekend to visit. Nicholas is a lunatic lately lol. Total goofball. He started day care recently for two days a week. Some days he loves it, some days he hates it. TTC!! But still no luck for 6+ months I guess due to breastfeeding sigh...
shen7 likes this.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

July 30th, 2013, 08:31 AM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
We're good over here! I started taking summer classes at community college and I'm enjoying them. My back feels a lot better now, a while back I fell in some really cute but not very functional heels. The babies are getting so big. The twins think they are 5 or something they don't want me to carry them or help them get in their car seats or high chairs. Noah loves to dance anytime a song is playing he grabs my hand and starts dancing. Liam loves to talk, he taps me and tells me stuff in baby language all the time lol
shen7 likes this.
July 30th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How is everybody doing? We're doing fantastic here! I've just generally been much more productive (after being a lazy bum for the last 2 months) and it feels great!
What's your LO(s)' latest craze or skill?Arthur rolled Tummy to Back this morning! That was new!
Can you believe it's almost August already?Time sure flies! I can't believe how quickly little man is growing and changing! My birthday is at the end of August, and I just love the weather going into fall! So I'm excited for the rest of the summer!
shen7 likes this.

July 30th, 2013, 10:32 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
How is everybody doing? I am getting ready for summer school to be over and I will have both kids home all day for almost 4 weeks.

What's your LO(s)' latest craze or skill? They are both into Woody Woodpecker.

Preggos, what's up with your bellies? I am done with getting pregnant.

Can you believe it's almost August already? This year is going by so fast.

Leslie
shen7 likes this.

July 30th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im here sort of. We are driving from Florida to my parents house in Pennsylvania for a visit so ive been pretty busy. Driving 17 hours with the kids is not fun at all. I am not enjoying it. I'll post more when we arrive.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
July 30th, 2013, 09:51 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I try to check in here at least once a week. Try. :-/

We're in deployment gear up mode here.

Aiden is big into learning all of his numbers, shapes, and letters! Yay!
Zoe is a teething mess with teeth #3 and #4 coming in today. Looks like another to follow soon. Oy. Thankfully she's still a joy most of the day as long as she's on me 24/7. Definitely thankful for babywearing.
shen7 likes this.

July 30th, 2013, 11:11 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We are good here, enjoying the last few weeks of summer. I can't believe when it's over I will have a 1st grader and a kindergartener! Everett will be 2 on the 22nd and Payson is 2 months old already! It's going by so quickly.
shen7 likes this.

July 31st, 2013, 12:19 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
We're good here, aside from some upset tummy issues. It is making my poor girl miserable. Here's something to make you smile though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnicole View Post
I can't believe it's already almost August, but at the same time, I am pretty ready to meet Josie and see how Eleanor loves on her!
Soon now! E sounds so smart!

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
July 31st, 2013, 02:41 PM
Destiny
How is everybody doing? Tired and busy. I'm trying to tie off all the loose ends before baby gets here and I'm running out of time. I haven't had so much time for the older kids too, which means they need it and I'm struggling to keep up.

What's your LO(s)' latest craze or skill? Eli is starting to say sentences, half of his words are said as roars, like dinosaWWWWRRR but something it'll be something random like ORAWWWWRnge
Eliana's still not talking much conversationally, but she's starting to sing whole (slightly mangled) songs and quote parts of books. Progress!

Preggos, what's up with your bellies? I've got a busy guy, lots of bh and getting very big! Keeping me exhausted seems to be his #1 goal

Can you believe it's almost August already? no, not ready for August at.all.

August 3rd, 2013, 05:31 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am OKAY. I am in love with Isabel and so glad she is hear and for once I don't have post partum depression! But . . . I do have birth disappointment that won't go away. I feel robbed of my natural birth. I worry about what the future holds for Isabel due to her prematurity and the issues with her heart. Also, holding her makes me sad she's my last baby. Still trying to get the hang of breastfeeding now that she is home from the NiCU. having some success with the medalla calma and she is breastfeeding directly more often now. The rest of milk she drinks is expressed breastmilk. I've also been donating extra breastmilk to a local mom in need.
August 6th, 2013, 07:06 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
How is everybody doing? I am doing pretty well. Just finishing up my trimester, it's been quite the challenge and VERY busy working on my masters, but I am taking a leave of absense after this class to have my baby and take maternity leave

What's your LO(s)' latest craze or skill? Does fighting sleep count? Um, well we are severely delayed in the language department so that is kind of upsetting to me sometimes, a "what did I do wrong?" kind of feeling. But we are doing speech therapy, so she should be getting caught up soon. Right now she is about where a 1 year old is at nearly 2. Has about half a dozen words.

Preggos, what's up with your bellies? 30 weeks already! Can hardly believe it. Feeling very pregnant and tired, yet have been MUCH more active this time- I'm not stuck at a desk all day! It's GIRL! (shhhh! none of our family knows)

Can you believe it's almost August already? No! Time is going way too fast. Avery will be 2 at the end of this month, then it will be harvest (very busy for both DH and for me as well having to cook huge meals every other day) and then it will be baby time!
shen7 likes this.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
August 6th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't want to LIKE the posts of our mamas who are dealing with tough times, but thank you for checking in! I love seeing everyone's updates. We all get way too busy with family life sometimes

August 6th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
How is everybody doing? Pretty good! We just bought a house this week. We've been crazy busy house-hunting for the last two months, but we finally found something suitable. Just in time for my homebirth!

What's your LO(s)' latest craze or skill? Beau is completely obsessed with letters/numbers. He knows all of the numbers up to the mid-twenties, and all of the letters both upper case and lower case. He points to them and names them every chance he gets. He's still seeing a speech therapist because he's still not talking in full sentences and his pronunciation is really garbled, but he's got the letters and numbers down! And Charlie is starting to read some sight words. He's been playing this online game called Reading Eggs that he really loves and I think is really helping him.

Preggos, what's up with your bellies? We're having a girl! And she moves around like crazy -- much more than either of my two boys did. I'm still feeling pretty crummy, though. I've got my GTT test on Tuesday, and I can guarantee you that I'm going to fail it. I can just tell every time after I eat that my blood sugar is out of whack.

Can you believe it's almost August already? No, not at all! We have now officially been back in the U.S. for more than a year. That's the longest that my husband and I have spent continuously in the U.S. since we were married in 2006. It's quite the milestone for us!

It's good to hear from everyone else! I know I don't post much, but I still lurk, and I've been sad to see this board slow down so much lately.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search