Co-Sleeping with an injured husband.

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shen7

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2013, 07:54 PM
I need some ideas. My husband broke his leg about a month ago. We have a queen-sized bed and are sidecarring our six and a half month old's crib. She has started crawling and the other day, she crawled out of her nook and fell off the bed. She wasn't hurt, thank God, but it's got me questioning our sleeping arrangements. The bed is on a frame, which I would be willing to put on the floor, but the height helps my husband get in and out of bed without putting weight on his busted leg, which is extremely important. I don't know about adding rails to the bed. I don't think they could go on my husband's side, but I suppose I could put them at the foot of the bed and corner where the crib ends, but I think maneuvering myself into bed could be difficult. I'm feeling pretty lost. I barricade her in her crib with pillows right now, but that's a temporary solution and I need something that will work for at least three more months, until my husband is a bit more mobile. Lots of info, I know. Sorry about that. Anyway, if anyone has suggestions or dealt with a similar situation, I'd love some advice.
August 4th, 2013, 06:54 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is there another bed you guys or your husband ca sleep in until his leg heals?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
August 5th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Clearly you can't all share that bed, either husband has to sleep elsewhere or you and baby do. I don't see any way around that given your husband's condition and baby's developmental stage. For us at that age with DD, we outgrew the double bed we had then (living at my parents' house), got a twin futon and kept it on the floor and I would sleep on that with DD. Actually I started sneaking away (back to the double bed with DH) sometimes in the night but she was really close by so it was easy to return when she woke up and wanted more boob.
alittlelost likes this.

August 9th, 2013, 06:21 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I agree with Shen, good luck finding a solution that works! We side carred our crib for a while too, but it stopped working for us. Around 5 months DD started sleeping on a queen sized mattress on the floor of her room and I would join her when she woke late at night. Then we night weaned around 16 months and she started to mostly STTN so I didn't need to sleep with her anymore.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
August 9th, 2013, 05:10 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree that it sounds like the best solution may be for you and baby to sleep separately from your husband until your husband's leg is healed. We are planning on sidecarring our new baby's crib, but for a number of reasons, I am going to sidecar it to a twin bed in the nursery, and I will sleep separately from DH for a few months. Maybe not ideal, but it's short term and I think it will work for us. I hope you find a solution!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search