Wednesday what's new?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2013, 11:34 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Since I have not been here in a while, what's new? How are you? The LO? Pregnant, how is it going? How is sleeping going? What's going on lately?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

August 21st, 2013, 11:59 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
Since I have not been here in a while, what's new? How are you? The LO? Pregnant, how is it going? How is sleeping going? What's going on lately?
Not too much new here. Just the usual day to day stuff. Landen is getting so big! He has grown 2 inches in the past week!! My little 4 month old is wearing 9 month and 12 month clothes. Dh just got a new job and starts in 3 weeks. We are both sooo excited for that because it is more normal hours with weekenda and holidays off. Last week he went 4 days without seeing the baby because he left and got home when the baby was sleeping. I can not imagine that, my heart would be breaking.

August 21st, 2013, 12:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am okay! I had a birth injury from pushing out my 10 lb-er, it's like acute SPD and all the surrounding muscles and tendons are all weird too. I was using a walker for a couple weeks there. I am much better now but still have a ways to go, it will be at least several months most likely.

New guy G is fantastic. He's an easy baby!!! It's amazing. He's starting to smile and track us a lot, he loves faces. It's very cute.

M is a handful at times. She likes to scream this horrible piercing scream and then she laughs devilishly and watches for reactions. We try to either ignore it or say "ouch, that hurts my ears, please don't do that" but it will probably take some time to get old for her. I am not spending as much time with her as I'd like because I'm not able to chase her and it makes me physically sore to manhandle her, which is often necessary, like removing her from the kitchen table or the baby's cosleeper. So grandma and daddy are basically her primary caregivers, plus she's at preschool 5 days a week for the month this month only. Luckily she loves school and grandma and daddy, so I don't think it's been that big a deal for her. Harder for me

In September she'll have less school and daddy will have to be working more hours so I hope I am able to step it up by then. My injury makes me a little nervous because it is the type of thing that can become chronic for people if not properly treated initially. But I love my physical therapist and trust her a lot so I hope with my PT and everything, that I can handle it. But it still makes me nervous sometimes.

So that's us Overall I've got a happy little family and can't complain really, just wish this injury would go away!

August 21st, 2013, 12:21 PM
Landen IS getting big! I love his pictures! He is adorable! That's great that DH got a more normal job. There was a time when Dave was away from Drake for a week at a time, that was horrible. I could not do that! Well, I would, but I really would not want too.

Owie! I wish you a speedy recovery! You can walk ok now? M sounds like a pistol! At least you get some help with her so you can recover. That's great that you have that. I could not imagine trying to recover and handle a toddler and a newborn. You rock Mamma!

We are doing ok. Drake is going to be 21 months! WHAT!!! He is almost 2...I cannot believe it! It went by WAY too fast! He is still not talking, ok, well he "talks" but it's not a distinct word. He will pull you, point and take you to what he wants. He "says" things like "Dada dee eet" (Daddy did it) "Um nom" (He is hungry), he signs for "more" when he wants a bottle. (Yes, he still loves his bottle, he hates his sippy cup. I do not force it on him at all.) He says "Nuu ni ni" when he is ready for bed. We just go to the park everyday, after breakfast and before dinner, or after. Depends on what the day looks like. The park is lit so even if it's dark we still go. Dave works a lot, and I just hang with little D.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

August 21st, 2013, 12:52 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Thanks Jess!

How far is the park? Do you walk or drive. Im excited to take Landen every day next year but we would have to drive every time.

August 21st, 2013, 01:24 PM
We have been taking him to the same park since he was 6 months. It's so cool to see the pictures from when he was crawling, then could only hold stuff and stand, then barely walk and now he runs everywhere! I could walk, but it takes me an hour one way so I drive. If it was not as hot as it is I would walk because I love long walks.

August 21st, 2013, 08:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
what's new? How are you? The LO? Pregnant, how is it going? How is sleeping going? What's going on lately

Things are going well! Arthur is such a sweetie! I really lucked out in the easy baby department! He does have his moments, but I find I've stayed really laid back and things are just coming naturally for us! I'm so thankful!

He was an above average newborn sleeper, but has been kind enough to let his peers catch up We are co-sleeping, not bed sharing, but that makes night time so much easier (I got reamed out for suggesting to another mom that it's normal for a 3mo old to wake in the night...ugh) Arthur will wake to eat and then goes right back down. So getting up is nice and easy (and normal!!)

We are soaking up the last days of summer, but without AC this year, I was enjoying the cooler temps earlier this month!

August 21st, 2013, 08:56 PM
He sounds adorable! Drake was a SUPER easy baby too. He slept through the night until 6 months and that is when his frequent wakings started. I love his picture with the Owl hat.

August 21st, 2013, 09:37 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I have had my Mirena removed, and our landlord is letting us out of our lease because our neighbors have gone completely psycho. The dad pulled a gun on my DF! We are looking for a house but will probably end up in an apartment just to get out of here ASAP.

I am busy packing now and looking at apartments and houses and just generally going crazy.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

August 21st, 2013, 11:10 PM
OMG!! A gun?! WHY!! That's awful, i'm sorry! I hope you get a place soon!

August 22nd, 2013, 05:40 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
A few months ago, he set up this above-ground pool and just left it. On July 21st, he knocked on the door and asked Zach to come talk to him, so Zach walks into the backyard and the neighbor shows him this hole in the bottom of the pool, which is now green with algae and full of bugs because he stopped caring for it. He said his wife saw Zach walk out there that morning, which is actually when he was asleep, and cut a hole in the pool. Then he said he knows that we threw cat litter into the pool to make the water that color. (??) Zach said he had no idea about any hole in the pool, and that the water is green because he hasn't been taking care of it and just left it in the sun. So then the guy lifts up his shirt to reveal his gun, and he says "I'm going to kill the motherf***er who did this. And I know it was you."

So Zach came running in and called the police. They searched his truck but couldn't search his house for the gun, so they just said there wasn't much they could do.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

August 22nd, 2013, 10:13 PM
Omg! I would have been scared! And you want to kill someone over THAT?!...

August 23rd, 2013, 05:57 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
what's new? How are you? The LO? Pregnant, how is it going? How is sleeping going? What's going on lately?

Hmm lets seeeeeee, I am good very very very tired all the time, having issues but thats what this demon has been doing all along haha oh and I am HUGE. Gary is good soooo funny lately he is obsessed with my baby belly. I am 18 weeks measuring 2ish weeks ahead! a week and a half until the BIG ultrasound, only NOT so big for us since we are staying Team Green! Also our 3 year anniversary is the same day ! then the following week I will turn the dreaded 30! lol I sleep like crap, Little Gary as always sleeps like a bear in the winter lol (thats hubby and my joke lol) hmm. . . we are upgrading to an SUV for meeee I lOOOVE my camry but we want to get something bigger for us and two kids. My car still has such low miles and in awesome condition we can get a decent amount for it That's all. . .I suppose.

Happily married to the love of my life, mom of two beautiful babies, Gary & Adalyn

Last edited by sareymac; August 23rd, 2013 at 11:06 AM.
August 23rd, 2013, 11:03 AM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
I miss you Jess! Things are good over here. The twins are running and talking a lot more. They are 16 months now. I'm starting to see their personalities come out. Liam is more outgoing and independent. Noah is more cautious he likes to read and do puzzles and things like that. I start school in a couple of weeks. I'm going to a community college to take my basics and my schedule is a lot more flexible so I have more time to spend with the babies
August 23rd, 2013, 11:57 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Not much new here either.

We just started party planning for Liam's 4th and Kieran's 2nd birthday party. It's a joint one at the beginning of October at the firehouse. Both of them are pretty into fire trucks right now. Liam is finally fully potty trained, nighttime included. Stubborn little guy did it 100% himself over the course of a week in mid-July. I now swear I will never worry about it again. It was like "bam" he knew how to do it and never looked back.

Kieran is still struggling along with ear infection after ear infection. Doc is starting to talk tubes. His, unlike Liam's, seem to be getting more often, rather than less, as he gets closer to 2. It's absolutely affecting his speech development, as he has fluid constantly and also wants his pacifier to take the pressure off all the time. It's not fun. But he is blossoming as a little boy. He doesn't even remotely resemble a baby anymore and he is learning stuff so quickly. He is a ridiculously happy child despite all.

And Jo is great. Smiling, laughing, playing with toys. She is a decent sleeper, a great eater, and generally a very easy baby.
August 23rd, 2013, 12:04 PM
Aw Sarah that sounds like a great day! An ultrasound AND your anniversary! WOOT! Even though you are team green you can still see some baby cuteness!!

Aww Katy, I miss you too!!! Sorry I have been MIA. Things have been blah. That's great that you are going to college. You see so many young Moms just give up. You are AHHHHMAZING! I would pee myself all the time if I always had TWO babies running around! It must be adorable!

A birthday party at the fire house?! Awesome! We used to go to the fire house on school trips in Elementary School and I LOVED it. They always let us slide down the pole. Aww. Poor Kieran. Is he is much pain?

August 23rd, 2013, 05:18 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you're back, Jess And Drake sounds like he is as fun and adorable as ever!

Things are chugging along here. Eleanor is doing great- I love that I can see her little personality coming out so much now. Yesterday I asked her if she was ready for bed and she said, "No mommy. Very busy right now." I guess she has a bit of an attitude! We are waiting for baby Josie to arrive any day now. I am so ready for her to be here! Otherwise, not too much is new with us.
August 23rd, 2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks! I feel bad that I did not tell you ladies what was going on, I was just not ready to dish it all out. /shrug I should have known that you ladies would not judge me, I guess I was just not in the mood or something? But Drake is awesome! He is the happiest baby I have ever met, and I am not just saying that because he is mine. I get compliments all the time about how he smiles for everything, how I can take something away or say no and he just moves on to the next thing or when he falls he just gets up and continues to run. Sorry for the rant.

Aw, Eleanor sounds too cute! If Drake said that to me I would have to laugh. I cannot wait for Josie to get here either because I want to see her! AND I love her name!

August 25th, 2013, 09:18 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Things here are going ok. I feel like a single parent, DH worked 260 hours in the past month not including a 1 hour commute each way. And now it is harvest and he is off work, but is out of the house on the farm 12-15 hours per day, literally. It is very hard for me being on my own looking after Avery when I am pregnant and have a toddler, not to mention I was already overweight when I got pregnant and it's a lot of pressure on my frame. My to-do list is incredibly long for before baby gets here and I am stressed, tired, and feeling sad that harvest still has at least 3-4 weeks to go. Then DH will be back at his job with crazy hours.

Feeling a little down in the dumps I guess.

Avery turns 2 on Tuesday, we just had a little family part last night for her, that was good! DH came in early from the farm so he could be there but her grandpa couldn't so that was a bummer. She loves her grandpa.

Anyways, not much else to report. Almost 33 weeks now. Physically it has gotten harder than the 3rd tirmester was last time.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search