Update on us

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ohnicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2013, 10:43 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wanted to pop in and give you guys an update. Josephine Louise (Josie) was born early Saturday morning, 5 hours after her due date! We only had 5 more days until my scheduled induction, which I was feeling pretty down about since I found out I would have to have continuous monitoring if I got induced. I was trying everything I could to get labor started... the day before I had my OB strip my membranes, I spent about 2 hours on the birthing ball, I took an hour long walk, and I had an acupuncture appointment to induce labor. Since I had nothing going on other than my normal constant Braxton Hick's, I went to bed in a bad mood, thinking I was headed for an induction.

2 hours later, I woke up to a painful contraction. I got up to go to the bathroom and timed a couple more contractions at 4-6 minutes apart. I decided to make sure they kept up for 1 hour before heading in, so I took a shower and we got ready ready to go. They stayed painful and about 5 minutes apart, so we started our 40 minute drive to the hospital. As we got to the hospital the contractions were 3-5 minutes apart, but as soon as I tried to get out of the car, they were right on top of each other. We SLOWLY made our way to L&D, with me having to stop and lean on the wall or get on all fours for most of my contractions. When they checked me, I was at 8 cm with a bulging bag of water. In the delivery room, I had to do a 20 minute strip on the monitor, which I was not happy about, while 3 or 4 nurses and doctors were running around getting all my bracelets, blood pressure cuff, hep lock and whatever else on me. Just as the 20 minutes ended, my OB arrived, I was complete and feeling pushy, so she broke my water. I kind of waited and test pushed through a few contractions, then started pushing hard and within a few more contractions, Josie was born. I'm pretty sure she was born in a posterior position, and it was harder to push her out than it was with Eleanor, but it didn't really seem to be an issue. She was born less than 4 hours after my first contraction.

We are home already, and everybody is tired but doing well. Eleanor seems to like her new little baby, just in 2-3 minute intervals, and then she is off playing again We are going to try tandem nursing, so I'm not sure what the next few days have in store for us. Luckily DH is able to be home with us all week, so I am able to get some rest and Eleanor is able to get plenty of attention. Josie has been a pretty easygoing baby so far- much easier than Eleanor was even at this age.
ashj_1218 and shen7 like this.
September 2nd, 2013, 11:25 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Congratulations!!! That sounds like a wonderful birth, can't wait to see some new photos of your little one

And yuck, I can't believe they still made you do a 20 minute stip, it must have been torture to be stuck on the bed!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
September 2nd, 2013, 12:01 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Congrats!!! Your birth sounds wonderful! Way to go Mamma! I cannot wait to see pictures! I'm glad that Eleanor is getting along with her. Even if it is in little increments. I hope tandem nursing works for you! Rest up and talk soon!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

September 2nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Congrats on your baby girl! So glad to hear that things are going well so far

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

September 2nd, 2013, 03:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!!! That is amazing!!!! What a fast birth, that's fantastic!!! Welcome to the world Josie

September 3rd, 2013, 10:13 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Congratulations!!!

A big thank you to Jaidynsmum for another gorgeous siggy!!
September 4th, 2013, 05:03 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your beautiful birth! Sorry for the unnecessary interventions, but that's par for the course with hospital births. Sounds like an awesome birth overall!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
September 4th, 2013, 02:01 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Things are still going well, here. I am learning to walk the tightrope of setting boundaries with Eleanor's nursing, Josie is nursing really well, and overall I feel way less stressed than I did after Eleanor was born. And Josie is a super sweet baby

Thanks for all the well wishes, ladies
September 4th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!
September 5th, 2013, 03:00 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Yay! Welcome baby Josie!! So glad to hear you had such a fab birth (minus that strip...I can't imagine how that might have felt!). Sounds like you guys are doing great. Big congrats to you

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
September 5th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! what a wonderful update!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search