Piercings

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Do you have any?

What age would you allow your child to pierce his/her ears? What about other parts of their body?

October 7th, 2013, 06:53 AM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
My ears, nose and belly button are pierced.
I would let the twins get their ears pierced when they are older maybe like 10
October 7th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just my ears. I don't usually wear anything in them, but they haven't grown in. My mom took me when I was about 7, and then I had them redone right before grad.

If Arthur wanted a piercing, I'm not exactly sure how I'd feel about it. I guess he could if he wanted to pay for it. I feel less confused by tattoos, but those aren't allowed here even with parental permission until 18, so I feel like i have an easy cop out for that!

October 7th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have 8 piercings in my ears although I usually wear 2 at a time.

Kellsey has her ears pierced and if she wanted another piercing that would be fine. I don't have an age limit or anything just whenever they want or are ready. Callen can have a piercing whenever he wants to. I am just gonna let them decide.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
October 7th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I also had 8 ear piercings but they all closed up except for the first 2. I can get earrings in them but I have to break through a bit of skin to do it. I very rarely wear earrings. I started to wear them again sometimes and DH said he didn't like it so I was like "okay then, I'll forget about that!!!" Lol.

I would let M get her ears pierced but I don't know if she will be allowed to do any more than that. Certainly no tattoos before age 18. And I will advise her to do something I read recently: before you get a tattoo, get the design fully planned out, then put a drawing of it somewhere prominent in your bedroom where you will see it every day. Do this for a month and if you still want the tattoo, you can get it I honestly might not have gotten mine if I had done that. Then again I might have. I was 20 when I got mine.

October 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
These things can wait until their older where my kids are concerned. We did have our oldest daughter's ears pierced as a baby. I regret that personally. She hates them and we took them out a long time ago and are waiting for them to close up.
October 7th, 2013, 06:01 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I have both ears pierced twice. I pierced my belly button the day I turned 18 but I let it grow closed a few years later.

The kids can have their ears pierced when they are old enough to ask for it and handle the responsibility of having pierced ears. As for other parts of their body or tattoos, they'll have to wait until they move out for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
before you get a tattoo, get the design fully planned out, then put a drawing of it somewhere prominent in your bedroom where you will see it every day. Do this for a month and if you still want the tattoo, you can get it
Love this! Great idea!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

October 7th, 2013, 06:33 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I have seven holes in my ears. And always wear earrings in five of the seven. But often I have earrings in all of them. I also had my belly button pierced for 6 months. But I was too thin when I got it done and as I put on weight, the piercing pushed itself out the front. Left a nasty scar

Any of my kids can get their ears pierced when they ask and can care for them. Not before (despite my MILs insistence in piercing Jos ears now). Body-piercing would depend on where (id be okay with a belly button or mayyyybbbee a nose, not so much a tongue or labre) and how old. And why (because friends have it wouldnt fly). For tattoos would be on a case-to-case basis. Honestly, I don't regret my tattoo in the least. It would certainly take a lot of convincing and thought on their part before I'd consider it though. I hope they don't ask! Lol.

In related news, my nanny child just got her ears pierced this weekend. She was so tickled about it. She is 7.

Last edited by ashj_1218; October 7th, 2013 at 06:38 PM.
October 7th, 2013, 09:05 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I have one, I used to have more. It would depend on whether I think she is ready to take care of it or not, and fully understand what she is asking for.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
October 8th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
I have 4, 2 in each ear. I used to have my cartilage and belly button pierced but let them close up.
I would let L pierce his ears when he is older and can understand what he is actually doing and take care of it himself. Other body parts, I would prefer not but if he really wants to I wouldn't stop him, but I'd like him to really think about it and he would have to be in high school

October 8th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Super Mommy
Ears (lobes, upper cartilidge, tragus, and industrial), eyebrown, and bellyring. Unfortunately, I had to take them all out at the hospital and a bunch of my jewelry got lost. I would imagine that the industrial and tragus have started to close already and I'm not nearly confident enough to put the bellyring back in.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search