Splurge

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pretty Crispy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
What splurge are you saving up for?

October 19th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Winter Tires. ugh

October 19th, 2013, 01:34 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Ugh, I'm putting new tires on my van on Tuesday. Buying tires stinks!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

October 19th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Oh yuck! That's not a fun splurge!

I'm saving for a Tula or KP
crunchywannabe likes this.

October 20th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
Gotta start saving up for a Britax car seat. We want one of the more expensive models, but figure since it will work up to 70lbs it will be worth it. I also want to save up for a couple really good wraps, and classic rock baby onesies!

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

October 20th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Life. Lol can't really save right now just trying to get by.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
October 20th, 2013, 04:18 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Saving up for an Ellevill carrier I've been eyes since I was PREGNANT. I want it so bad. Probably won't be able to get it until Christmas.
October 20th, 2013, 04:49 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
I need a new laptop but I haven't decided what kind to get yet
October 20th, 2013, 07:36 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I'm with Emily. We don't really need anything at the moment. But life is flipping expensive right now (birthday month, heading toward Christmas, just went to a weekend wedding 11-hours away). I'll start in on the Christmas stuff soon, so we can buy a gift or two a week so we don't kill our budget.
October 21st, 2013, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Halfwit View Post
Gotta start saving up for a Britax car seat. We want one of the more expensive models, but figure since it will work up to 70lbs it will be worth it. I also want to save up for a couple really good wraps, and classic rock baby onesies!
This gets me so excited! I can't wait to buy another seat (or two) for our family! Any reason you chose Britax specifically? They are great seats, but I would only recommend them for children that remain under the 30%, as they are outgrown in height very quickly. That said, they are a nice option for the smaller babes!

October 21st, 2013, 09:25 AM
Super Mommy
A new car. Specifically a 4-door Jeep Wrangler (hopefully in Commando Green). I don't really want a car payment, but I've got to have something bigger than my current Jeep.

I know that the responsible thing to do would be to buy what I can afford to pay cash for, but I figure if I'm going to drive it for the next decade then I might as well get something I like.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
October 21st, 2013, 07:52 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchywannabe View Post
This gets me so excited! I can't wait to buy another seat (or two) for our family! Any reason you chose Britax specifically? They are great seats, but I would only recommend them for children that remain under the 30%, as they are outgrown in height very quickly. That said, they are a nice option for the smaller babes!
I always hear the name pop up in recommendations. I guess we will see how baby looks through the pregnancy; my boys always measured tall and thin, but DF is significantly shorter than their dads so it could go either way. Shortness runs in my mom's side so baby may get it.

In the past I've gone for cheaper options on car seats, then end up replacing them within a year or two and spending even more on another cheaper option.. so this time I want to research and just spend extra up front to get one that will last.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search