Sleep Check In

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IronMamma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2013, 12:36 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
How is everyone sleeping? How are the LOs sleeping?

October 28th, 2013, 01:56 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Eh. Could be better, could be worse.

My boys are really off schedule because my older one is attempting/needing to give up napping. But it's making things tough. He isn't quite ready (but is! Lol) so it's either massively overtired bedtime or bouncing around til 10:30 because he did end up napping. It's not my favorite stage. And it's also making my middle guy suffer because they share a room. We will hit a groove soon enough.

Baby is okay. She bed shares so it's not bad at all. She has been "fighting" bedtime at night. But it's only been recent and she had a bad scare with a serious ear infection (it became a larger system infection which required powerful antibiotics to halt), so I know her belly us bugging her from the meds (7 more days...ugh). She generally wakes up 2-3 times to nurse between typical bedtime at 9pm and wake-up at 7am. Midnight is the only one that is pretty constant, the others can happen at any time.

Overall, I can't complain! Unless we discuss a 4-year-olds attitude. I can complain about that all day
October 28th, 2013, 02:11 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
We're doing pretty well over here. In fact I think my husband wakes me up more times each night with his snoring then baby does. L nurses to sleep sometime between 730 and 9 pm. Then he nurses at 12 and depending on the night usually every 2 hours. I don't usually really wake up though since we bed share. Latch and we both go back to sleep.

October 28th, 2013, 07:00 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
The twins have always stayed up late with me until like 11 or 12 and then they sleep in until like 10. They might wake up once but at different times around 2 or 3.My mom thinks I should get them on a more normal schedule. I tried it yesterday they went to bed around 9 and then they were up at 11 and didn't go back to sleep until 2 and they both woke up twice
October 28th, 2013, 08:13 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^Back in the day I babysat a set of twins that were just like that. It worked for mom, it worked for babies...if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Lol. I think the regularity of a schedule is more important than the actual times.
October 29th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's interesting.

We keep flipping back and forth on the bed sharing thing. DH isn't crazy into it, but agrees that it's getting us all more sleep, bad sleep, but more of it at least. When in our bed Arthur just nurses what seems like all night, so I can't say how often he's really waking up.
I am so freaking tired. I am accepting of our situation, and happy to meet his need to eat all night yada yada yada, but I'm not allowed to complain about it to anyone other than DH because I am choosing not to let him CIO, and not shoving pablum down his throat... (because we all know if I did those 2 things he's guaranteed to STTN!) I just wish people in my real life understood. I don't want their solutions, I just want them to stroke my head and tell me it's short lived in the big scheme of things, and that everything will be ok... lol. I'm so glad to have a group of people who are making similar choices for their family and understand that it's ok to be dead tired, but not want to sacrifice what is important to me, for a potentially better sleep!

October 29th, 2013, 03:36 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah I tried to put them to bed earlier again last night and it's not working out for any of us so we'll just stick to our normal routine
October 29th, 2013, 05:54 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchywannabe View Post
It's interesting.

We keep flipping back and forth on the bed sharing thing. DH isn't crazy into it, but agrees that it's getting us all more sleep, bad sleep, but more of it at least. When in our bed Arthur just nurses what seems like all night, so I can't say how often he's really waking up.
I am so freaking tired. I am accepting of our situation, and happy to meet his need to eat all night yada yada yada, but I'm not allowed to complain about it to anyone other than DH because I am choosing not to let him CIO, and not shoving pablum down his throat... (because we all know if I did those 2 things he's guaranteed to STTN!) I just wish people in my real life understood. I don't want their solutions, I just want them to stroke my head and tell me it's short lived in the big scheme of things, and that everything will be ok... lol. I'm so glad to have a group of people who are making similar choices for their family and understand that it's ok to be dead tired, but not want to sacrifice what is important to me, for a potentially better sleep!
It will be okay. I have been in your shoes. And about 5 months from now, I caved to the pressure that my son wasn't "normal" and it wasn't "okay" for him to be waking so much and me being dead tired. I wish I had this board back then. So someone could tell me it was okay and normal and it would end on it's own and that it was best for my baby. And even my sanity down the road. You are doing great. (But it sucks that no one in your real life can understand you just need a pat on the back).
October 30th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Super Mommy
We're doing okay. LO only woke up once last night (I think, maybe it's just that he only woke me up once...). I think we're in the midst of the 4 month sleep regression, so I'll take that rather than the waking every three hours that we had last week when he was sick. I'm sleeping as well as can be expected with a 4.5 month old. DH can sleep through a tornado, so he's good...lol.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
October 30th, 2013, 09:18 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Pretty well honestly! I'm just tired because I have a bad habit of staying up when she's asleep so I can get things done. Then I'm beat when she's awake.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
October 31st, 2013, 06:13 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wonderful!! I weaned him cold turkey and the sleep is AMAZING now. He wakes up once to pee and thats it. Love it.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

November 1st, 2013, 10:22 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Some days are ok and some are not. Drake can still wake like 5 times a night, and then sometimes he does not wake at all. When we were on the Island and the water was not so hard he slept much better. I am hoping that the move will make us all sleep better.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

November 2nd, 2013, 09:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Pretty much the same situation as Ash. They are both fighting naps like crazy but if they don't nap they pass out on the couch at 6 and then want to stay up till midnight. Or they are grumpy from 6 until 8.. so I don't know what to do. But once they sleep they sleep till morning so thats good. I am starting to get a belly now so its starting to get more uncomfortable for me to sleep.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
November 2nd, 2013, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCakes View Post
I'm just tired because I have a bad habit of staying up when she's asleep so I can get things done.
This is so me. I usually go to bed 4 hours after Drake has been asleep. I love my time to get stuff done, kick my feet up and relax. But then, morning comes WAY too fast!

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

November 3rd, 2013, 11:54 PM
Maenfayne's Avatar Veteran
I'm getting naps mostly. LO doesn't sleep for long chunks of time yet as he's eating ever 1-3 hours. The longest he's ever gone was 5 hours and he woke up famished! I felt horrible, but had passed out myself and didn't realize how long it had been. I never would have intentionally let him go so long without feeding.

Most of the time he falls asleep around 9 at night, I stay up and get the house picked up. Then he wakes around 11 and needs to be fed, changed, yadda yadda. Then it's rocking him and soothing him trying to get him to sleep. Around 2 or 3 (after mulitple feedings) he finally falls asleep again. Wake back up around 5, do the feeding, changing, rocking, feeding, rocking, rocking, rocking, and back to sleep. Wake at 7... you get the picture. Around 9-10 he's up for the majority of the day. Little naps here and there but really only 30 minutes so I don't get any during the day.

It wouldn't be so bad, but I keep falling asleep with him in the rocker. He seems to sleep longer out there. I can get him to sleep in bed with us if I'm nursing him, but it's kind of awkward for me. We haven't quite mastered that yet. So he wakes up sooner in bed. Sleep deprived for sure... but it's worth it.

10.03.13 8lbs 11oz 21 inches
Excuse my typos, there is either a baby on my boob or sleeping in my arms

Thank you *sharon* for my adorable siggy

November 4th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Oh man do I have to brag and I hope that it does not jinx us! Drake went to bed with NO BOTTLE last night and only woke ONCE!!!!
sareymac likes this.

November 7th, 2013, 10:53 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Gary, Same as always. . .he's good with routine But now me, nooo me and hubby are always waking up. . . blegh. Sometimes its niiiiice other times i am miserable and uncomfortable.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search