Bedtime and tantrum help needed please!!!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2014, 03:11 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post and could be something of a long post but please bear with me! I have a 15 month old daughter and I have tried to bring as many aspects of ap into our lives as possible as I love this approach and it feels right and natural. Unfortunately, my LO and I had a shaky start and I had to stop breast feeding after 1 month as I had to have strong drugs for a severe infection in my c section which was needed as LO was lying across me! I felt dreadful for failing her and suffered severe PPD for months I got help and I'm doing ok I think 😏 I baby wear sometimes although she loves her on space now and we did bedshare and room share until she was nearly 1. At the time she went to sleep in her own room with no issues and slept thru the night. Recently the last couple of months she is almost impossible to get to sleep - I've tried rocking, walking, sitting with her, leaving her and returning for every cry as I'm not comfy with CIO, playing music, water sounds but as soon as she gets put in her cot she cries!!! She also seems a little more clingy in the day. It can often take 2 hours to get her to sleep and when she wakes in the early hours (2/3am) I bring her in our bed for a cuddle and she goes out like a light and sleeps beautifully!! Problem is Hubby wants her to learn to sleep in her own bed so I have to struggle and wake up to go and get her every night and get up to go to work! I don't know anyone doing AP in my area and all if my friends do CIO! I need some advice from some like minded mummys! Also, she is super strong minded and tantrums the last couple of weeks are hellish!!! Any advice on good tactics appreciated - at the moment I'm trying to stay calm, explain her frustration for her, distract her etc. Any tips for successful nights and therefore less stressful days would be great!

Thanks in advance!
July 2nd, 2014, 02:23 PM
Veteran
Welcome!

I have a highneeds 16 MO old boy so I know exactly where you are at. My LO still gets up 6-8 times a night so I am beyond mega tired and refuse to CIO. I get annoyed too because people just dont get how drained you can be and you feel alone.
I don't know if it would work for you but I need sleep so I will do whatever I can. My LO refuses to sleep without me and so I moved into his room I have a matris on the floor next to the crib that way he is in his room and DH has his space. I could go back and forth if I wanted but DH stays up late anyway so I usually just start and finish up in LO's room.

Could you put a bed in LO's room and lay by her until she falls asleep? Then you could sneak out if you want once she is down.

You also might be in a wonder week? Then good luck. LOL
July 2nd, 2014, 02:51 PM
Lol! Every week seems to be a wonder week at the moment!! I thinkI might try that actually then I can always creep back to my own bed if I wanted! My little lady is most definitely high needs lol has been since day 1 - you're so right if people haven't experienced it they don't know how draining it is!

Thanks for your advice

😀

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search