weaning advice needed!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
I have hit the point in my pregnancy where it is driving me OUT OF MY MIND for Lily to nurse. It doesnt hurt, its not uncomfortable, but the feeling is more emotional. I want to just push her away when she nurses. I have her down to about 30 seconds on each side twice a day. Even that is making me crazy.

We have talked some about how mama is making baby milk, because she is starting to pick at her tongue and make nasty taste faces when she comes off... and her stools are getting really loose, so I think she's getting colostrum.

Does anyone have any advice at all here? I have no intention of tandem nursing. I know moms that do it, but I am just not willing to deal with two so far apart in age nursing together. If Lily were a year or 18 months, I might consider it. She is 2 yrs and 9 months old. Her sister weaned at 2 yrs 7 months, so while it is familiar territiry, we are getting much closer to delivery this time.

Thanks for listening. Only you AP moms would really understand why I am torn about being the enforcer of weaning, rather than allowing her to wean when SHE is ready. I am trying not to feel guilty about the fact that I am no longer enjoying this, and I am sure she is getting nonverbals and reading between the lines that Mama just really doesnt want her to do this anymore. :-(

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

August 4th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a lot of advice but I just wanted to say I totally understand where you are coming from. When I was pregnant, I knew I had to get my 19 month old to wean. The idea of tamdem nursing while nice for those who can do it, just wasn't for me. And I too was getting frustrated nursing while pregnant. She was already down to one feeding a day and maybe one at night. I started distracting her with something else to replace the one during the day, and soon we were skipping a day or two at a time and eventually she weaned completely. One thing I did that I don't recommend because it was a very bad, desparate idea was to let her have a pacifier instead to get her to sleep at night. I say it was a bad idea cuz she never used one before that and now she is addicted to the pacifier. She wants to use it all day and night now and it's just one more thing I am going to help her wean from eventually.
Good luck to you, but don't feel guilty. You have given her a fabulous 2 yrs 7 months of nursing and now it is time to get ready to nurse the next baby.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search