Hi - my introduction

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Brie
Hello everyone. My name is Brie and I'm expecting my first baby Feb. 1st. I feel my beliefs on how to raise a child are closely in line with AP. I'm so excited I'm going to become a mommy!!! And I'm glad we have this group on JM. I've been researching CDing since last fall. Just curious, for those who CD, which place has the cheapest CPFs? I have tons of places bookmarked - have even bought a diaper & cover for a friend from diaperware. So far I'm thinking of using Kissaluvs & CPFs when the baby is born - with wool covers my mother is making right now, and some fleece covers (Sugarpeas) as well. Perhaps later I'll add some fuzzibuns and maybe some hemp diapers from Sugarpeas. I'm curious what other moms on here have (or are) used. Any other rec.'s? Any thoughts on the choices I've made thus far? All I have to go by are the reviews I've read on the internet b/c I don't know anyone who is CDing. People think I'm nuts when I tell them. LOL I think their reactions are funny. But I'm so happy I've convinced my sister to CD - she's adopting a baby from China and will hopefully bring her home in Jan. She has become so obsessed, like me, she can't even stand the thought of using disposables on her new baby the couple weeks she's in China. Right now, orphanages over there don't use diapers at all, they just put babies in split pants. I suggested she buy some cheap prefolds and treat them like disposables (since there will be no way to wash them) when she is in China. Then she doesn't have to use the disposables like all the other adopting families. Any other ideas for her. Goodness, this it getting quite long. I'll leave it here. I'm just very excited to be here.
Brie

Feb. '06 Playroom[/url]
August 4th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Hey Brie! I do both, cause I have 3 in diapers and you can imagine how expensive that is! This is a great site: http://www.borntolove.com/diaperfaq.html

It's a CD FAQ site, and will answer any question you may ever have while cloth diapering, from how to wash to how to solve problems.

I use the chinese prefolds cause I need alot of them and they are cheap and good. I mainly use the bummis and babykins, although I have tried others. I use flushies too. They are a thin flushable sheet that goes between baby and diaper and when baby poops the whole sheet goes down the toilet.

When I first mentioned CD I was working for a government agency full of enviornmentalists. They were worried about killing the ants in the building and wanted to try to reroute them. But when i told them I wanted to CD they told me not to, that once they started solids it would be awful and it really wasn't helping the environment cause of all the water to wash them. I was shocked!!! I expected if anyone would support me they would! But with the flushies there really is no mess and its a couple of extra loads of laundry a week, I do rinse twice though, so everything they said basically wasn't true.

Welcome to the world of CD!!!!
August 5th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi and Welcome Brie. Congrats on your pregnancy! Cloth Diapering is great, I'm really not sure why but it's even fun! One place you might want to check for cheap CD supplies is Ebay. You can find some good deals there. People who know I CD think I'm crazy too, but they just don't realize how easy it is and how much better for baby!

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
August 5th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I'd like to first say, "WELCOME!" It's great to have a new face on the board!!!!

Congrats on your pregnancy!!

I agree w/Motherbird about eBay!!
August 5th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Veteran
Welcome to the board!
Ebay is awesome for deals on cloth diapers. I've got some Little Lambs being mailed to me right now. I've never tried them so I couldn't offer you any advice on that brand. I would suggest that you buy one diaper from a bunch of the different companies out there before buying 3 dozen from one. This is what I did and ended up sending back 2 dozen because I didn't like them. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
Expecting #2 in October

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search