hmmm what do you think?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry that you're friend made you feel badly about your parenting. Remember that you know what's best for your child/family and I'm sure you're doing a terriffic job! I doubt she was trying to hurt your feelings, but I can see how it happened. This is a good reminder for us AP moms. Sometimes we believe so strongly in our parenting philosophy that we can fall into the trap of judging those who don't AP or even follow AP to our standards. A lot of AP moms are perfectionists and sometimes we expect others to meet our high expectations. I have caught myself judging formula-feeders etc, and I have to remember to keep that kind of thing in check. Also remember she is new to AP and her enthusiasm is at high-point right now and she is still learning about it. In the beginning it can seem like there is no room for personal differences. Maybe next time you're with her if it happens again, use it as an opportunity to remind her that not everyone AP's exactly alike and you're following your personal mothering instincts and that's what AP is about.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
September 7th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cat - you know what is best for your baby!!

I let Grace cry a little before she goes to sleep because I understand and respect that she needs to vocalize that before she will finally go to sleep (she is not crying because she's lonely, scared, or hungry - she's crying b/c she's mad that she's sleepy! LOL!)
The whole bfing thing is out of your control!
We use disposable diapers, too - I never got into the CD thing although I think it's a great idea!!

Girl, don't let her or her "group" get you down! Remember that being an AP mommy is doing what is best for your baby and respecting their needs!! You are doing all of that! You are taking cues from your baby and bonding well with your baby. You're a great mommy!
September 11th, 2005, 08:27 PM
1proudmom2kalli
Quote:
Originally posted by fourtimesamommy@Sep 8 2005, 09:25 PM
y'all are great and i love this forum..its the first one i check when i log on (shhh don't tell the girls in my ddc that..lol)
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
HEY!! I HEARD THAT!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search