Kobe Bryant Case...

Forum: In the News

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To In the News LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2004, 05:59 PM
OhClueless1
I heard this morning on Good Morning America that the "alleged" victim has filed a civil suit.

The general assuption is that the prosecution is going to drop the case against Kobe.

I don't know specifics... I was just wondering if anyone else had heard about it yet.
August 20th, 2004, 05:45 PM
kikimama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kikimama Send a message via Yahoo to kikimama
From what I understand, they are going to drop the trial and go for the money in a civil case. I heard that there really isnt any evidence to support the pros. case. I also hear it is pretty slam dunk for the defense!!
August 20th, 2004, 06:12 PM
TheGeneralsGal
This whole situation surronding the Kobe Bryant case is getting a bit ridiculous.
August 21st, 2004, 04:40 AM
YankeeMom
Quote:
Originally posted by marinewifee2004@Aug 20 2004, 08:12 PM
This whole situation surronding the Kobe Bryant case is getting a bit ridiculous.
Uh ditto.
It's gotten so I have to turn the channel everytime it comes on the news (which is ALOT). I don't CARE anymore, just get it off my tv. That and the Laci Peterson Case.
August 21st, 2004, 08:23 AM
I Heart 4x4
I think that the woman is out for money, and that there is no case against Kobe Bryant. I have watched the coverage on this story pretty extensively, because he just didn't seem like the 'raping' type of guy to me.

Then there's the fact the accuser went out and slept with TWO other guys within something like 72 hours of the alleged rape. I'm sorry - I have been sexually assaulted (not raped, but came close) and I NEVER even thought about sleeping with one person let alone TWO within weeks of that incident. I was uncomfortable around men in general afterwards. Even to this day, if I get held down I start to freak out.

That makes me think she is full of s**t.

Maybe that's just me, though ...

She's out for money, and she knew accusing a major super star athlete like Kobe Bryant would do two things: make her famous and make her rich. It's her word against his. Who do you think a primarily white city will think?

Come on, now. Gimme a break.
August 25th, 2004, 08:42 AM
kikimama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kikimama Send a message via Yahoo to kikimama
I have to totally agree with ashley!! She said it perfectly!!
August 25th, 2004, 09:06 AM
zonapellucida
I for one could care less..... There are too many more important issues.
August 26th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Ashley3303@Aug 21 2004, 10:23 AM
I think that the woman is out for money, and that there is no case against Kobe Bryant. I have watched the coverage on this story pretty extensively, because he just didn't seem like the 'raping' type of guy to me.

Then there's the fact the accuser went out and slept with TWO other guys within something like 72 hours of the alleged rape. I'm sorry - I have been sexually assaulted (not raped, but came close) and I NEVER even thought about sleeping with one person let alone TWO within weeks of that incident. I was uncomfortable around men in general afterwards. Even to this day, if I get held down I start to freak out.

That makes me think she is full of s**t.

Maybe that's just me, though ...

She's out for money, and she knew accusing a major super star athlete like Kobe Bryant would do two things: make her famous and make her rich. It's her word against his. Who do you think a primarily white city will think?

Come on, now. Gimme a break.
Ashley I had to make a couple of comments, but first I haven't watched any of the coverage nor do I have any sort of opionion on who did what and so forth. When you stated "he didn't look like the raping type", my uncle doesn't either and that doesn't mean a thing as I know what he did to me, upstanding citizen or not! And also when you mentioned something about her sleeping with someone else shortly after--when someone is raped or molested there are many different reaction that someone can have, some do turn to sex while others shy from it. The woman may very well be full of crap, but when you wrote that it bothered me in the way that those are not reasons to take into consideration as we don't know what's in someone's heart. Pls do not take offense, I'm not upset with you or anything like that I just felt that I should say this.
August 26th, 2004, 10:28 AM
I Heart 4x4
Wildflowers, I'm sorry if I bothered you with my statement. It is my opinion that she is full of crap, and that he is innocent.

In my OPINION, it is not normal for a woman to go out and have sex with a multiple partners so close to something that is as traumatic as rape. Yes people react differently ... I'm just saying it's not normal.

As for my thoughts on him being not the type of guy to be like that ... it's just my opinion. I've read about him and seen him and stuff, and he just comes across as a very honest guy. He admitted to the affair, and from what I can gather, he appears like he truly regrets it and ... well, that's it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search