"Sesame Street" Yanks Controversial Katy Perry Duet with Elmo

Forum: In the News

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To In the News LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2010, 11:13 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
The issue: the perception that Perry's outfit wasn't appropriate for a show geared toward children ages one to six.
"Sesame Street" Yanks Controversial Katy Perry Duet with Elmo - A-Line: the celebrity style blog - omg! on Yahoo

I can totally see why parents would be upset about it. It's a kids show. Why wouldn't she wear something more appropriate. I mean I know that kids see this stuff but on a kids show I would think that she (and Sesame Street producers) would have more sense.
September 23rd, 2010, 12:13 PM
Christina33's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad to see they yanked it - it's not appropriate for children 1-6 yrs. And saying that she's wearing a "mesh" top "that reaches to her neckline" is a cop-out. You can see straight through it!
Good to see there are still standards out there somewhere! and that we can still count on good 'ole Sesame Street!

Thank You ~steph2007~ For My Beautiful Spring Siggy!

September 23rd, 2010, 06:11 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Honestly, I didn't see anything wrong with the outfit. It was just like any other figure skaters outfit.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 23rd, 2010, 10:15 PM
birdblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't understand the fuss about her outfit either, people wear much less out in public every day.

Thank you so much Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!

September 24th, 2010, 09:45 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
Honestly, I didn't see anything wrong with the outfit. It was just like any other figure skaters outfit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdblue View Post
I don't understand the fuss about her outfit either, people wear much less out in public every day.
I can see why you feel this way and I would probably agree if this wasn't a show geared for kids. That outfit is so low cut, any lower would be showing her nipples. Sesame Street has always been one of those safe shows that moms feel they can count on. If it were playing on MTV I wouldn't think anything of it.
September 24th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Christina33's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
I can see why you feel this way and I would probably agree if this wasn't a show geared for kids. That outfit is so low cut, any lower would be showing her nipples. Sesame Street has always been one of those safe shows that moms feel they can count on. If it were playing on MTV I wouldn't think anything of it.

If you went out to buy a Tinkerbell outfit for your LO, it wouldn't be quite that low cut or show as much cleavage. Sesame Street has always been one of those TV programs you could let your younger children watch without having to monitor each episode first.
And one of the reasons they pulled it was because of the negative feedback from moms on the web site when it was viewed. They're a Public Broadcast Channel so they need to make viewers happy - and comfortable with what they're showing

Thank You ~steph2007~ For My Beautiful Spring Siggy!

September 25th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do love Katy Perry but she'd be on my list of people I wouldn't necessarily advocate appearing on Sesame Street!

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

September 29th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I understand why it was pulled, you don't want to see those things on Sesame Street just the same way I don't want Lady GAGA either. There's just some things I don't want my kids watching on PBS.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

Tags
katy perry , sesame street

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search