child sent home with feces in backpack

Forum: In the News

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To In the News LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
story

Oh my goodness.....what do you think of this?

September 26th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Personally, I kind of have to feel sorry for the teacher. I am by no means condoning her actions. It most definitely wasn't right. It's just that teachers have such a hard time now days. They have almost no power to discipline, and sadly enough, there are some parents out there who just don't care. Even when the teacher calls them, nothing gets done. It sound to me like this may have been one of those cases and she was frustrated and just trying to get the parents' attention. I mean, come on, a 6 year old having a bowel movement in the floor. He should know better than that. Like I said, I don't by any means condone what she did, but I can understand her frustration. Sounds like maybe she needs that break, maybe even a permanent one...

September 27th, 2004, 09:27 AM
christabellz's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to christabellz Send a message via Yahoo to christabellz
What made me wonder about this happening is this.......
Did she deny him a bathroom pass???
was he sick??

I think a note alone should have been done. I also feel bad that the teacher had to deal with this. who wants to deal with your OWN childs accidents? Let alone another childs? YUCK!!!

LOL, I would have put the soiled clothes in a bag in the back pack......but made it LOOK like I at least attempted to clean up the most of it. I think that would have gotten the point across just the same.

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#3-DS-10/09/00~m/c a twin with him
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94
September 27th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Texas Mom
I heard this on the news this morning...what in the world was she thinking? I just think that is an unexcusable option. ITA with Alice too.
September 27th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Texas Mom
There is no way the parents wouldn't know this was going on....our underpaid teachers are now suppose to potty train our kids too? Makes you wonder if this kid has other issues that is causing this???

The whole story is sad, sad, sad....
September 27th, 2004, 01:11 PM
zonapellucida
"Raise awareness with the family" What kind of BS is that? Notes aren't appropriate anymore. And it begs the question, did she not allow the child to go use the bathroom???? Fire her! The child has already been humiliated and she does that?
September 27th, 2004, 03:06 PM
sugarcookie's Avatar Super Mommy
ok after reading this story.. I feel for the teacher.... I work in a day care.. I just changed my job position because its not far on teachers to have to raise other peoples children.. How your children act at home and how they act at day care/ school is two different ways... In the time I was a teacher, I have been kicked, spat on, hit, had things thrown at me.. there is nothing that you can do.. You cant say no.. you cant give times out.. You are helpless..

I do think she went too far by wrapping it up for him to take home.. BUT it would not shock me to hear the boy drop his pants and went potty on the floor..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search