School keeps Halloween ban despite outcry

Forum: In the News

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To In the News LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2004, 04:04 AM
sugarcookie's Avatar Super Mommy
story

October 29th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Armywife
OMG! I think that some people just want to rob us Happy Fun Lovin people of Holidays. We used to be able to dress up at school and now we have whoever these Holiday reckers are coming in and being offended.....are they ever not offended? I am all for Halloween, and dressing up and it is all in good fun and broadening our childrens imagination and mind.
October 29th, 2004, 06:55 AM
I Heart 4x4
Well I hope that they do away with every other celebration - Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentine's, St. Patrick's, birthdays, Easter .... make it uniform! If you're going to "take away" a holy day for me because you don't agree with it ... well I don't agree with the Christian reasons for Christmas or Easter, so you'd better take it out.

Come on folks, move on! This is absolutely ridiculous. What's next? Gah forbid anyone show any creativity or interest in learning other traditions and histories of the meaning of celebrations and traditions! Grrr.
October 29th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This is freaking BULL CRAP! OMG! MOST Wiccans and pagans I KNOW! LOVE dressing their kids up for Samhain (Pronounced Sow-an not Sow-een) and I know personally witches, wizards, and hp characters get EXTRA candy at my house
October 29th, 2004, 10:19 AM
BluesCluesMom
It's funny to me that we talk about kids not being kids anymore...but here we are trying to strip them of the simple joys of childhood.

Excuse me...but it's bulls*#%!
October 29th, 2004, 10:28 AM
KentuckyMama
It used to be so much fun when I was a kid to get to wear my costume to school around Halloween. We always had a little Halloween party!
They shouldn't take it away from kids today...it's still too much fun to get to dress up in a fun/funny costume and eat candy! What other holiday lets you beg for candy and then eat it??? It's all supposed to be fun!
October 29th, 2004, 10:47 AM
sugarcookie's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Well I hope that they do away with every other celebration - Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentine's, St. Patrick's, birthdays, Easter .... make it uniform! If you're going to "take away" a holy day for me because you don't agree with it ... well I don't agree with the Christian reasons for Christmas or Easter, so you'd better take it out.

Come on folks, move on! This is absolutely ridiculous. What's next? Gah forbid anyone show any creativity or interest in learning other traditions and histories of the meaning of celebrations and traditions! Grrr.[/b]

I AGREE..

October 29th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Armywife
What is Sahaim? I really do not know, and what does it mean?
*if you do not mind telling
October 29th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Samhain is the pagan/wiccan new year and celebration of the end of the harvest and a celebration of the dead. On Samhain the veil between this world and the spiritual world is at it's thinnest and our dead ancestors can walk amung us.
October 30th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Armywife
I had never heard of thet before.....I have just recently heard of a Wiccan religion. But I have not looked into it. Ever encountered anything or anyone?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search