Marijuana as medicine

Forum: In the News

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To In the News LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2004, 05:03 PM
twinsmom26
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/11/29/scotus.m...a.ap/index.html

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court questioned whether state medical marijuana laws might be abused by people who aren't really sick as it debated on Monday whether the federal government can prosecute patients who smoke pot on doctors' orders.[/b]

It's amazing to me that people would rather see someone take addictive prescription pain killers to ease their pains and watch them go through withdrawals afterwards. It's sick really!

Somedays around the end of every month I feel like I could use a joint. My cramps are killer around this time!!
November 29th, 2004, 05:05 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I agree. Its no more bad for you than alcohol or cigs. Actually pot is better for you than cigs. So why not make this legal too.

November 29th, 2004, 05:14 PM
ranidae
I know a good woman who would not be walking the earth today if it had not been for maijuana. She had breast cancer and was fading fast due to the fact that she could not keep anything down while undergoing chemo. Her oldest daughter talked her into trying some fruit and nut bars with marijuana added, she was finally able to keep down small meals and slowly regained her strength. I fully belive it was eating a bit of "pot" before each meal that helped her gain the strenth to start mentally working on her disease. It is now 12yrs later and she is still in remission, technically considered cured after a certain number of years.

My MIL has fibromyalgia and I fully belive it would be better for her to be able to smoke a little pot than keep taking the narcotics they have her on. She though would never consider that step because that is just the kind of woman she is.

God or the gods whichever you belive in, put or puts all things on this planet for us to use and grow from, including marijuana, opiates and other "natural" medications.
November 29th, 2004, 05:17 PM
BluesCluesMom
You know what ticks me off the most about this...that people are trying to deny natural pain relief to people with serious diseases.

The people that want to smoke pot are going to procure it somehow....why make sick people have to do back-alley dealing?
November 29th, 2004, 05:46 PM
twinsmom26
Quote:
The people that want to smoke pot are going to procure it somehow....why make sick people have to do back-alley dealing?[/b]
This might sound stupid, but I think it has to do with the pharmaceutical companies not wanting to share profit on something people can grow in their own backyards. This is why they would rather you swallow a pill to make it all better.

My mom smoked it illegally while she was dying. The chemo made her so sick and all these antivomiting pills they were pumping her up with just werent doing the job. All she would have to do was take a couple hits off the pipe and she was all better. I still remember how scared she was when the nurse showed up one day while she was smoking it. The nurse just laughed about it, lol!!
November 29th, 2004, 05:51 PM
twinsmom26
It really does tick me off though!! They are doing studies now that is showing marijuana helps with asthma. How much better it would be to fix a problem with marijuana than pumping all these people up on steroids or what have you. This is going to make me sound really really crazy I know, but I would much rather my twins take a bite out of a marijuana brownie than take this Pulmicort crap the docs prescribed to them. I read the side effects of this stuff and couldnt believe my eyes. So I dont give it to the twins, I just treat their asthma with albutirol on a as needed basis.
November 29th, 2004, 05:56 PM
ranidae
Oh I cannot stand the way steriod inhalers make me feel. I just use the albuterol as needed but honestly I will try black coffee if I feel my chest getting tight before I use the albuterol because of how it makes my heart race and within about a hour I am dragging.

I refuse steriods unless I end up with a cold so bad I cannot barely breath, then I will take oral only and just for the 5day course to give that little boost I need to get better. I avoid most outdoor activities especially in the winter, because that is when I have the worst symptoms. If a few little bites of a pot brownie or something would help me get better sooner I would probably rather do that instead (hmmmmm i wonder where my parents old dealer lives LOL )
November 30th, 2004, 07:37 AM
twinsmom26
LOL!! I bet it would be good for people with MS also. My MIL's sister has that pretty bad and I want to tell her to try it, but I dont want the family thinking I'm some kind of stoner.
November 30th, 2004, 07:39 AM
twinsmom26
Quote:
Oh I cannot stand the way steriod inhalers make me feel. I just use the albuterol as needed but honestly I will try black coffee if I feel my chest getting tight before I use the albuterol because of how it makes my heart race and within about a hour I am dragging.[/b]
That's how the twins get if I have to give it to them. Their little hearts race and their legs start to twitch sometimes. I cant stand that stuff, but it helps!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search