Do you feel guilty about...

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Guilt about time on the computer?
No 8 57.14%
Yes! 5 35.71%
Undecided. 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2005, 03:06 PM
mrobinson
Hey girls, I know I should be working... but I think I'm addicted! Are you supposed to be working too? (Remember a stay at home parent is a hard worker too and is most-definately included for this definition of work!)
Take care girls! And happy typing!!!
December 1st, 2005, 10:36 AM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll have to say no.
I'm a SAHM and I don't turn on this thing until my house is cleaned and my baby is either taking his nap or playing by himself. I'm also on after his bedtime for a few minutes. I know it's addicting but it's something that I really, really try to control.
But if I was a working mom, I would surely be here all day ignoring my work AND I would feel guilty- or at least I would try to feel guilty
Now maybe you can tell your boss "I'm right on top that!" and he'll buy it, but not a 2 year old

Sharon
December 1st, 2005, 10:42 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidsMommy@Dec 1 2005, 11:36 AM
But if I was a working, I would surely be here all day ignoring my work AND I would feel guilty- or at least I would try to feel guilty*
Now maybe you can tell your boss "I'm right on top that!" and he'll buy it, but not a 2 year old*
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
LOL! Thanks Sharon!
EDIT: I'm seriously thinking this is why I am supposed to at home... I want to put my efforts towards something worth while, you know?
December 1st, 2005, 11:08 AM
FutureMommy
Errrr, maybe a little. The good thing though is that I'm almost never on at home, only at work (well ok, good for ME, not the company)
December 1st, 2005, 09:06 PM
mrobinson
Ok, I totally have an addicition to this... if you guys see me on here during working hours - give me crap! PM's are fine too!
December 1st, 2005, 09:46 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Nah... I am barely ever here and I get a big break when Ryan is at home (he works out of town 4 days of the week and then comes home for 4).........

I never talk when he is home....... When he is at work, it seems that I am at work......
December 3rd, 2005, 09:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I said yes because there are TIMES where I feel guilty about it. And one time is too many for me. Most of the time I feel I am pretty good about balancing work and play. Make sure the house is clean, DD is taken care of-she always takes priority anyway and that everything I need to get done does in fact get done. But there are days where I am on much longer than intended and I hate that the dishes never got washed or whatever. THAT is when I feel guilty. If everything is completed DD, housework, dinner is made,church work, homework, @ home job, etc. and I played on the computer whether in the middle or at the end I don't feel bad about it. As long as my list is done I feel it is okay to be on for some down time. Most of the time I get every thing else done and then I feel that I get some ME time to spend on whatever it is I want to do, whether it is scrapbooking, computer or whatever than I feel okay about it.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

December 31st, 2005, 04:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
no not really............usually Aiden is taking a nap or playing by himself or with his daddy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search