Becky12

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2009, 03:57 PM
aussiemummy
Do you have a link to your birth story? I'm interested in reading it.
October 21st, 2009, 08:14 AM
aussiemummy
I'm guessing that you're not wanting to share.
October 21st, 2009, 11:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Not very many people check this section often. I know I don't. You would probably be better off PMing her and asking if she'd like to share it. HTH!

October 21st, 2009, 11:26 AM
aussiemummy
Thanks, I will I'm just really interested in reading her story after hearing about how awful it was.
June 4th, 2010, 02:45 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry I never saw this....if you happen to pop back in Jonah's birth story is here: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ah-gerald.html (Jonah Gerald)

I should update it. I think I had a lot of trauma emotionally in there & it was amazing to me some details & things I rememebred during the end of my pregnancy with Isaac & also I talk ed to Dh & my niece who was present a lot more about his birth (I don't think I was ready to talk about it before) and maybe those conversations helped to remind me of some details. There was also a lot of other pretty major details I didn't know at all. Like I was so out of it from being awake for so long that I didn't know Dh passed out & landed across me - how sad is that? They both assumed I knew this, but I have no recollection of it even now. In my memory he was there the whole time talking me through it. The reality is though that he missed the last two hours. Oh well - it is what it is....and I wrote it the best I could remember at that time. I still haven't really written Isaac's & I totally should. I wrote a very brief summary - but I should write down as much as I can while I still remember.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

June 6th, 2010, 07:00 PM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
Off to read it...I'm dayna, the one who asked

Ok that's awful...far too long to labour I feel especially bad for you dealing with that and then being cut/torn so badly. I ripped through and was stitched for an hour as well but my labour doesn't sound as bad as yours. Thanks for sharing.
June 8th, 2010, 02:54 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The bummer is that my labor with Isaac was almost exactly as long as Jonah's. I really thought it wouldn't be THAT long since it was my second time...but i seemed to stall out around 4cm & stay there for a LONNGGGG time. This time though I was smart enough to ask not to stay. SO I went back & forth to the hospital a number of times to be checked, but kept going home (I live just a few blocks away) - and in the end I arrived at the hospital shortly after 8am (my record puts me "admitted at 8:11am) and Isaac was born at 8:23am. So it looks good on paper...LOLOLOL But it was actually three days of contractions 2 mins apart still. What was weird is that when I first got there the first time they thought I was having false labor. I told them my contractions were 2 mins apart or less but sometimes they felt on top of each other...so she put me on the monitor & I had a contrax that was 7 1/2 mins long. ONE contrax. So they didn't knwo what to make of that. They gave me a bag of fluids to see what would happen & they shortened in length to more normal intervals & I went from 1.5 cm to 3 cm in an hour - so we thought things would progress better after that - so I went home. Well - at least I didn't have any more 7 minute contractions, but it didn't exactly run by. I was smarter too this time as I got more people to help me through it so Dh could sleep & this time he was awake & alert to see our baby come into the world. I was bummed that everyone had gone home when he actually arrived though - LOL They gave up that he was ever coming I think. It was just me, Dh & my niece who lives here & she was due any day at that time. I had gotten all of a sudden to the point I could not stand up (like someone flipped a switch). Dh was sleeping in the recliner & my niece was in bed (I told you they gave up on me) and I was in the shower on a stool. I stood up to get out & felt an amazing pressure & started to yell for Dh to help me. I called my niece on her cell telling her to come down stairs NOW & get me to the car...we arrived in 2 mins...I could NOT stand to even set in the wheelchair to ride up there. I got in bed & the pressure as amazing I was squatting..the Dr walked in, broke my water & told to I could push when I was ready. What was the most remarkable though is that I only got 6 stitches....YAY me!!! And no tailbone issues at all. I never so much as needed a tylenol after that 1st day. I did take some motrin happily after delivery & had a decent nap. But after that I could get out of bed alone, I only stayed that one night & went home the next day by my own request. THAT was awesome!

I am sorry you tore so badly as well. It makes recovery REALLY hard. Many people just don't understand it if they didn't live it. I really expected with a normal vaginal delivery to be up & around that first week at least. It took ages for me to be able to even sleep upstairs in my own bed as climbing stairs was so painful. I am so thankful I didn't have that this time around. In fact at this point PP last time I was still hurting.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search