movie remakes...

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
How do you feel about movie remakes (Charlie and the Chocalate factory, A Christmas Carol, etc)? What about movies that go from show to movie ( Dukes of Hazard, Garfield,Cat in the Hat, Alvin adn teh Chipmunks,etc)

December 6th, 2009, 03:06 PM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think some are done well and others are just painful. I do tend to question the creativity that people have these days. It seems like most movies are remakes or stolen from other countries like Japan. My husband and I like to watch foreign films and we will watch a movie from Japan then a few years later it will be made in the US... lol We find that really weird.

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

December 6th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
lol like the gruge. The Japanese version was so much scarier!

January 29th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Regular
I think some of them are going to completely flop. Like they are remaking Karate Kid with Jackie Chan and Will Smith's son. I think that this is one series that they should have left alone along with footloose and hairspray.
January 29th, 2010, 11:02 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Last House on the Left was a horrible re-make. Just watched that and wish I didn't waste my $5.
March 1st, 2010, 11:34 AM
foxfire_ga79
I didn't know the Grudge and Last House were remakes.
I thought the new King King was dorky, but so was the first one. And I think super-classics need to be left alone. If Gone With The Wind ever gets redone I'll come unglued.
I liked the Garfield movies but I haven't bothered with Dukes Of Hazard. I didn't like the show so I didn't figure I'd like the movie. Chipmunks was cute.
I really wish movie makers would come up with new material. I don't mind if a film is foreign and they want to get it in English for the people who are unwilling to watch with subtitles. It's usually not as good as the original, I can't imagine Pan's Labyrinth any way other than how it is now. But to take a movie from ages ago and just try to make it new, c'mon. Write a new movie.
March 1st, 2010, 05:04 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The new Chalie and the chocolate factory was CRAP-and I love Jonny depp!
I was so disapointed..they changed the end! It was offensive..Give me the Gene Wilder version anyday!

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search