True Blood vs. Twilight vs. Vampire Diaries

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2010, 06:55 AM
melkissa2004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
No kidding!!! 6 hours?????? Gahhh

June 15th, 2010, 08:01 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Hmm. I'm gonna go with Twilight, then Vamp Diaries then True blood.

to be honest, I didn't enjoy true blood. I downloaded the first season, but only made it through a few episodes before I gave up. If I could watch it on tv maybe I would have watched more, but we don't get it here.

Twlight is the most true to the books (never read the sookie ones) when comparing to Vampire Diaries. Wont fault the company for the Vampire Diaries changes, I personally think they've made them better. If they follow all the storylines from the book, they'll get about 6 seasons out of it too just from the first two volumes (which I think is 4 books).

Got our tickets for the midnight showing of twlight last night.... Can't wait for it! wooo!
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
June 15th, 2010, 09:49 AM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
True Blood hands down.

Although I did love the Twilight books, I just can't stand the first two movies. I'm hoping the 3rd will be better, it looks to be from the previews.

I don't love True Blood, but I do like it.
June 15th, 2010, 11:46 AM
JustJodes's Avatar Ninja Mommy
The "Twilight" franchise does a really good job of making the trailers look much better than the movies. I watched "New Moon" with DH a couple of weeks ago and it was the first time I watched a "Twilight" movie with someone who wasn't a fan. He thought it was the most boring movie he'd ever seen and I can totally see it from his perspective. I felt like I kept needing to explain things from the book or the series to him to keep him interested. "Eclipse" seems to have more action in it, so that may appeal to more people. Then again, I also felt like "New Moon" was the most boring of all the books, so I shouldn't have expected it to be much more exciting on screen.
June 15th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Mom of 2 boys!
This past weekends episode of True Blood proved to me why its the best

June 15th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Jarheadwed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eric's bare butt was so awesome. But I do hate how Eric's portrayed in the show vs in the book.

June 15th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I agree Katey.

June 15th, 2010, 09:35 PM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
I think this season Eric is going to be more true to his literary character. I do have to say that my absolute favorite part of the series was Eric showing up for the orgy in book two wearing pink spandex.

June 16th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Jarheadwed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess is Write View Post
I think this season Eric is going to be more true to his literary character. I do have to say that my absolute favorite part of the series was Eric showing up for the orgy in book two wearing pink spandex.
LOL! That was funny. I love how in the book he has this funny side to him. I hope the show brings that out more, like they did with his comment to Sookie about Bill's stamina. BTW, I am reading the most recent book and he has such steamy love scenes I wish it was a picture book!

June 16th, 2010, 07:54 AM
I really think this season is going to be way better than the first two. The writing in episode one was incredible. There were so many awesome lines. "Conscience off, dick on!"

June 16th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I agree ^! I am so excited for this season. And I LOVED that part in the book, I remember literally laughing out loud. Ahhh memories. Books never come out fast enough dang it.

June 16th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Mom of 2 boys!
Yes, I was hoping for pink spandex last season as well!!

At least they did the bullet sucking scene!!

June 17th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Mmm eric is pretty hot.
June 26th, 2010, 05:06 AM
first season of true blood was great..now not so much
June 26th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Smite.
DANG IT. It didn't work.

June 26th, 2010, 07:57 AM
AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

But yeah, this season is the best so far. I wasn't into the whole maenad thing.

June 27th, 2010, 09:22 AM
I'd rather be in Forks
I don't have HBO, so we're a season behind on True Blood. It just came out on DVD so we're a little over halfway through season 2. I love Eric and Pam so. ****. much.

I would have to say that as something to watch, it's True Blood hands down, then Vampire Diaries, then Twilight. The Twilight movies just have not been that great. The eye candy is nice, but the acting is terrible, and I don't love what they've done to the storyline.

Vampire Diaries, I do really enjoy, but I've only watched 3 or 4 episodes. I've got ever single one of them DVR'ed, but I just haven't watched them. I really do like it, but the DVR is downstairs and I don't want to watch it with Matthew and at night when hubs is home, we watch TV upstairs. I love Damon. What is it with me and the bad guys?

Twilight was my favorite book series. I don't know what it really was about it - as I was reading it, I was thinking "This is kind of cheesy and not really well written"... and I was completely emotionally caught up in it. At the end of Eclipse, I actually put the book down and was in tears. Jacob's pain was a physical pain to me. I don't know how to explain it. The Sookie Stackhouse books were a FABULOUS romp, I absolutely loved them, ate them up. But they didn't effect me as emotionally as Twilight did. I didn't read Vampire Diaries at all.

People insist on putting all these books together, but to me they really have nothing at all in common aside from vampires. It's like putting all books that have another ethnic group in them in the same category and trying to compare them.

June 27th, 2010, 08:37 PM
birdblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me its True Blood, Twilight then the Vampire Diaries, but i haven't watched the Vampire Diaries. I also haven't read the Twilight books, only watched the first movies and bella's acting drives me nuts. I enjoyed the True Blood books but was annoyed at some of the similarities between it and the Anita Blake books.
I think this season of True Blood will be great, i also love Eric and think Sookie will end up with him his series, i think Bill's original intentions towards her in the book are going to come out this series. Especially after watching the episode tonight, when they showed the folder and the contents of it which someone found in Bills house.

Thank you so much Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!

June 27th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Team Eric!! He is HOT!
June 29th, 2010, 12:33 PM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lurking by.......true blood hands down!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search