Weight and Height in pictures

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2010, 07:09 AM
TheMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know how many of you have seen this site, but I was wondering what you thought of it. Personally it has really helped my understand what I look like after having DD. I have always been very petite so gaining weight was difficult emotionally. This site has kept my body image in check.

Photographic Height/Weight Chart

June 23rd, 2010, 12:25 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is actually really cool to see. Thanks for sharing!

July 24th, 2010, 06:57 PM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
Whoa. That messed with my head a little. I don't think I've been viewing myself very accurately when I look in the mirror.

July 24th, 2010, 07:16 PM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I should submit my husband's pic for 6'1 225lbs, he's in much better shape than those guys! He has a dense body type and a lot of muscle.

Very neat site.

July 24th, 2010, 08:50 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess is Write View Post
Whoa. That messed with my head a little. I don't think I've been viewing myself very accurately when I look in the mirror.
Uh, yeah, me too. I have always had a total problem with body distortion. I remember when I was 20 and I was 110 lbs. For awhile I thought my belly stuck out. I was super paranoid about it. I'm better now, but when I look at myself I see the image that is on the 5'7" and 230 lbs pic rather than the 160 or 170 pic. Good reality check.

July 25th, 2010, 05:11 AM
TheMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have realized fit makes a HUGE difference. I went pants shopping yesterday ( ) and quickly realized I looked much better in the next size up. The number on the tag urked me a bit, but nothing a sharpie pen can't take care of

July 25th, 2010, 05:27 AM
pinkroses's Avatar Veteran
Very cool site...thanks for sharing it with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrs View Post
I have realized fit makes a HUGE difference. I went pants shopping yesterday ( ) and quickly realized I looked much better in the next size up. The number on the tag urked me a bit, but nothing a sharpie pen can't take care of
I know exactly what you mean lol
July 30th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
Pretty interesting to see

but people are also build very different so there should probably be much more examples of the various weight/heights but beside, really cool

July 30th, 2010, 10:02 AM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^ That's true. I think that's why on some of them they give more than one example. It is interesting to see the difference, that's for sure.

August 1st, 2010, 11:22 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
It looks like a project that one guy did, and people sent him photos, and he posted them. So he couldn't post photos that people didn't send, which is why some combos don't have any pictures at all (uh, like mine. LAME).
August 16th, 2010, 04:37 PM
dismalgrin's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to dismalgrin Send a message via Yahoo to dismalgrin
I do like that, but I think I look a little different from that.

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter</div>
October 4th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
That is neat. But when I looked at my weight vs height, I know I don't look as big as the girl looked. Every single time I go to the dr, if the scale is not digital and has the little weights... they never move it far enough. Lol, I must look a lot lighter than I am and people always tell me that. I obviously look overweight, but not my actual weight if that makes sense? Well so people tell me. Maybe they're just being nice lol.

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

October 4th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Christina33's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrs View Post
You're my kind of Gal! LOL

I have a little trouble with body image. When I was pregnant I had this book that talked about loving your body and every chapter was headed with a different poem. One was so beautiful! It was a woman talking about her body - her beautiful body that had given birth and nourished a beautiful baby! It was really good for keeping your mind right while gaining pregnancy weight

I like the chart because it gives me a better idea of what my height & weight looks like ... and it's not as bad as I thought!!

Thank You ~steph2007~ For My Beautiful Spring Siggy!

October 4th, 2010, 10:57 AM
MissTorrieIfYou'reNasty's Avatar Co-Host of Heated Debates
Photographic Height/Weight Chart - 5'10" 220

Here I is. Pretty accurate. Fluffy, definitely overweight, but not monstrous. Depending on your point of view, voluptuous and saucy. At least, that's what I tell myself.

I still should lose weight, even though my cholesterol and blood pressure, etc are perfect, it won't always be that way if I stay this weight. But this has shown me that I view myself as much fatter than I actually look. I've always seen myself in my mind's eye as "raaaaaaawwwrrrrrr! I WILL EAT YOU AND YOUR BABIES WITH MY GIANT BODY!", like the mother at the end of Brain Dead/Dead Alive who grows to grotesque heights and attempts to swallow her comparatively small adult son back into her womb? Like that.

"I love mankind, it's people I can't stand."
October 4th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTorrieIfYou'reNasty View Post
Photographic Height/Weight Chart - 5'10" 220

Here I is. Pretty accurate. Fluffy, definitely overweight, but not monstrous. Depending on your point of view, voluptuous and saucy. At least, that's what I tell myself.

I still should lose weight, even though my cholesterol and blood pressure, etc are perfect, it won't always be that way if I stay this weight. But this has shown me that I view myself as much fatter than I actually look. I've always seen myself in my mind's eye as "raaaaaaawwwrrrrrr! I WILL EAT YOU AND YOUR BABIES WITH MY GIANT BODY!", like the mother at the end of Brain Dead/Dead Alive who grows to grotesque heights and attempts to swallow her comparatively small adult son back into her womb? Like that.
That pic doesn't look like what I thought 220 would look like - I'd definitely opt for voluptuous and saucy!

October 4th, 2010, 02:08 PM
laurabelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like this a lot, but I think it would have been more helpful for me, personally, if all the ones around my own weight/height combo weren't men hahaa
October 4th, 2010, 05:06 PM
MissTorrieIfYou'reNasty's Avatar Co-Host of Heated Debates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina33 View Post
That pic doesn't look like what I thought 220 would look like - I'd definitely opt for voluptuous and saucy!
I do want to clarify that that's not actually me. That's some random chick. That's just my height/weight combo. lol.

"I love mankind, it's people I can't stand."
October 4th, 2010, 05:27 PM
LOL I know that Sweetie! Hold on, let me pull up the one for mine ....
LOL now this is not me, but it's the pic for my height and weight

Photographic Height/Weight Chart - 5'0" 140 lbs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search