True Blood verses Sookie Stackhouse characters

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2010, 09:52 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Which characters live up to their book personas? Which actors do you wish played the characters?

I pick Sam and Pam as ones that live up to the book. I can't wait to debate who should or shouldn't play other ones!
July 16th, 2010, 08:29 AM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
I think the casting is spot-on for all of them, with the exception of maybe Rachel Evan Wood. Characters I like better on the show: Terry, Lafayette, Sam, Arlene, Tara, Andy and Bud Dearborn. Pam and Jason are amazing in both. Sookie, Bill and Eric are on the show exactly what I imagine from the books. I'm not loving how Alcide is written so far this season. He wasn't such a dick in the books.

July 16th, 2010, 08:38 AM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not a fan of Evan Rachel Wood either. Think they did great with Eric and Bill. Sookie is ok.

I think they did well on the casting overall, but I love how the TV series is changing it up from the books.

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
July 17th, 2010, 06:48 AM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i am just catching up on season 2 of true blood....but i gotta say, i hate hate hate sookie's hair curly.
July 17th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Jarheadwed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish they followed the story line closer. They make Bill into much of a hero.

July 17th, 2010, 09:27 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Bill wasn't so whiny in the books.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
July 19th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
^^ second that.

I also wish they had followed the story closer, I mean in the beginning it was fairly spot on but I felt the more you get into the seasons the more "off" it becomes.
maybe that is just my opinion, I don't know.

July 19th, 2010, 09:33 AM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
This season is following book three pretty closely.

July 19th, 2010, 10:04 AM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
DH and I are in the middle of watching season 2. We thought the first season was really not following the book and so far are this season is a bit closer.. I cant wait to watch season three!
July 22nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
TheMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL When I first read this I thought it said 'True Blood vs. Snookie (the Jersey Shores girl).....

All I could think was "I haven't read True Blood but it HAS to be better than SNOOKIE".

August 4th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Mom of 2 boys!
I think the majority are perfect..so I will list the ones that I am "eh" about:

-Sophie Anne-Even though her acting is getting better, that first few appearances of her were horrible! Rachel didn't do a good job at first.

-Claudine- Definitely pictured someone that was not british, and maybe taller.

August 4th, 2010, 09:58 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
I just finished season two so I'm excited reading these replies about season three!
August 23rd, 2010, 05:04 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I just finished reading book 4 and have started on book 5. I don't think Calvin or Felton Norris were as much of ******** in the book as they are in the show. I get that they're still very distrustful of anyone outside of their group, and maybe the show's creators decided the best way to get that feeling across was to make them into total jerkwads. IDK.

August 23rd, 2010, 05:06 PM
Mom of 2 boys!
How did you like book 4?? That was my favorite book

I agree...the town of Hot Shot doesn't seem the same as I pictured it would be..

August 23rd, 2010, 06:04 PM
ka-chow's Avatar back again, again
I didnt view Hot Shot like that. And I LOVED Pam in the books. Series, eh, she's ok.

Alcide is my FAV character in the books, but in the show he's still hot, but not quite like I imagined.

Jason is exactly how I imagined. Bill and Eric are pretty close too. Sookie, I can see it, but I didnt see her quite so sassy in the books.

I read most of the books in the row in a period of about 2 weeks, so they all kinda blur together for me. lol
August 23rd, 2010, 06:11 PM
Mom of 2 boys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-chow View Post
I didnt view Hot Shot like that. And I LOVED Pam in the books. Series, eh, she's ok.

Alcide is my FAV character in the books, but in the show he's still hot, but not quite like I imagined.

Jason is exactly how I imagined. Bill and Eric are pretty close too. Sookie, I can see it, but I didnt see her quite so sassy in the books.

I read most of the books in the row in a period of about 2 weeks, so they all kinda blur together for me. lol

Oh I know about Pam, I think she is pretty good on screen, but I loved the relationship she had with sookie in the books, that is definitely missing on screen.

They did a great job on Alcide, I hope we see him in the last 2 episodes.

August 23rd, 2010, 11:12 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTMOM View Post
How did you like book 4?? That was my favorite book

I agree...the town of Hot Shot doesn't seem the same as I pictured it would be..
I loved it, and for more than just "the shower scene" I think that Hot Shot seems a lot more.... IDK, trailer park-ish? I didn't think that it read that way in the book. I don't hate it and I think it's a different spin, which of course is fine for the producers to do. It was just kind of surprising to me.

I fell asleep today listening to book 5, so I need to restart it. GAH!

August 24th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Mom of 2 boys!
Its been a few years since I read the first set of books, I need to re-read them.

I am on the latest book... "Dead in the family" It's good

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search