your kids are written in your hands!

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2006, 08:50 AM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone heard of this "game" that predicts, or tells you how many kids you will have or do have? You put a ring on a piece of string and dangle it above your hand and the energy that your body creates somehow senses how many kids you will have or already do have. You hold the ring above your hand (about 1-2 inches above the palm) and just let it dangle. Don't move it in anyway and it will either go from side to side or around in a circle. If it goes side to side it means it's a boy and if it goes around in a circle it means it's a girl. Once you get the first sign you put the ring down on your palm and start over and do this after each sign. When it's finished it just stops and won't move in any direction at all.

I didn't really buy to much into it, but me and DH had it done yesterday along with everyone in my family and now I'm really believing it! It seems like a silly thing, but it was to consistent or correct for me to not believe. My mom did it and it was right on! It was also right for my sister and her husband (yes, it works on boys to) who are done having kids. My brother and his wife who have a couple of kids right now did it and it was right on for what they already have, and both of their "readings" were the same for future kids, too! Me and DH did it at seperate times and it "predicted" the same things for both of us! It was to wierd! But it kind of makes me excited because it predicted the perfect family for us! 6 kids. 3 boys and 3 girls.

So, what do you guys think? Do you believe in it? What do you think causes these results??

Mom to Keira (6), Garrett (5), Libby (3), and William (8-29-12)
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

November 24th, 2006, 11:16 AM
mrobinson
I beleive in the energy you speak of.. It's a huge part of my spirituality.. Check out more about your chakras if you're interested.
November 24th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Deena's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I believe it.. The way I was taught to do it though, tho really similar, was to hold it over your wrist, and that you don't need to stop between each one, because it'll change on it's own..

Mine has always said that I'd have a girl/boy/girl. My first born was a boy, so I always think that maybe at some point, I had a really short pregnancy, and miscarried before I even knew it??

It's so weird though to see it change direction on it's own..

I've tried it on ALOT of people too, and it's been right pretty much every time.. ive always been fascinated by that!

Our boy, James!! Born February 18, 2006!! xoxoxoxox
November 25th, 2006, 12:41 PM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lotus86 Send a message via Yahoo to lotus86
I do it by wrist also. It told me girl-boy-girl. Which is exactly what I always wanted I did have a m/c, but I have a girl, and I have read before that sometimes when you m/c it is actually the same spirit of your future kids, it just isn't the right time for some reason.
November 25th, 2006, 11:29 PM
mommyKathyX3
I've done it to myself and had a couple of other people do it to me and they have always turned out to be girl boy boy girl and stopped BUT, I've got a girl GIRL boy.
November 26th, 2006, 01:17 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Nope, don't believe it. My MIL did it when I was pregnant (even AFTER we got the u/s that said GIRL), and she said it said boy. I think she was hoping that the u/s was wrong

Those Chinese charts were wrong for me, too.

In fact, every old wives tale about gender prediction was wrong for me: I carried out front and low, didn't get morning sickness, didn't get any blemishes, didn't gain a lot of weight, craved salty foods - all predictors of boys lol

I know that wasn't the topic at hand, but the ring thingy made me think about it lol
November 26th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
you know.. that is pretty freaky lol. I just did it for kicks and it said first one was a girl.. which I have. Next will be a boy and another a girl and then it stopped. Who knows if it is right, bu tits still fun! Im gonna try again and see what happens...

same thing!
November 26th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Mia&Mattea'sMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did this when I was pregnant and it told me a girl and I had a girl. When I read the topic I did it again and it said girl and then stopped. So maybe no more kids for me? I haven't really decided if I want anymore yet.

Kourtney Mom to Mia 1-7-06
& Mattea 1-20-08
December 15th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Shyflutterby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Shyflutterby Send a message via Yahoo to Shyflutterby
Quote:
I've done it to myself and had a couple of other people do it to me and they have always turned out to be girl boy boy girl and stopped BUT, I've got a girl GIRL boy.[/b]

Sometimes It counts miscarriages, Even ones that you didn't even know you were pregnant with in the first place.

As for if it's real or not.......I'm sure it works...BUT at the same time.......When I first heard about it, it wouldn't tell me any children. Then a few years later, it told me of 3 kids. Boy girl girl If I remember correctly. I'm no currently Preggers with my first and it's a girl. atleast as far as we know she's a girl.

December 19th, 2006, 05:01 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
See that is what I don't understand is about mc's & how that would work. I think that is why I never really tried it.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

December 19th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I'm really curious about the miscarriage thing too. My first was a m/c and then I had a girl. My "reading" was that I'd have G, G, B, B, G, B. So now I'm pregnant and actually really hoping that it's a boy so that I can know that it counted my m/c. I'm going to do it to my MIL this weekend. She has 7 children, but she had 7 miscarriages too, so I'm interested to see what her "reading" will be.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

December 19th, 2006, 08:25 PM
paganempath
I think if it does indeed work, then it would include miscarriages as well. It should predict all potential children and not just actual living past pregnancy/infancy children. That's been my experience with palm reading and the ring test is along the same lines. I had a palm reading that correctly predicted my children-- 1 natural & two step--and it even accounted for the one I terminated. The cool thing is that several years later (after the termination), I had a psychic reading that still had the last three kids but the first was gone-- just like in real life. That made me believe in it right there.
December 25th, 2006, 07:07 PM
I visited my in-laws this weekend and did the thing to my MIL (who's had 7 children and 7 miscarriages) and it "read" 14 children. All (that she knows of) were correct. I just don't know what to think. It all seems so on!

- Thomas Jefferson

December 26th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
Wow. I've actually never tried it. I know with my son "most" of the wives' tales were correct. I carried low, very low, never had morning sickness, I did gain a ton of weight however. I may have to try this.

December 29th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had two OPPOSITE pregnancies, sick as a dog (to the point of hospitalization) with the first, and no problems or morning sickness with the second. I carried different, I felt different, the ring said my first was a girl (yes!), and that my second was a boy (no!)...although she is a lilttle daring for a girl......
December 29th, 2006, 02:14 PM
texasmomof2
We did it, too. It told me boy and girl and then stopped, which is exactly what I had. It told my sister boy, girl, boy-which is what she has. I totally believe in it. It's amazing how it works, but somehow it does!! At least it did on us!
January 27th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Veteran
i just tried it.. it said girl, girl, boy, girl.. i've been pregnant 4 times. 2 were miscarriages.. so it could be accurate miscarriage, then i had a girl, miscarriage, then i had another girl.. then it quit and we can't have anymore kids so..

Chelsea- August 5, 1996
Morgan- October 22, 2002

January 28th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we tried it... dh and i both got the exact same answer, and he wasn't so skeptical anymore. then we did it again last night (we did it in the after noon and then tried it on our neighbors and they wanted to see our results)... and the night results were different than the afternoon, but still we got identical results to each other. before it was 2 boys and then nothing else. this time we got boy girl, but both got that result..

January 30th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just tried it for kicks and it didn't move at all. Um, I already have a kid, so I guess it didn't work for me.

Although I didn't use string, I used my camera's wrist strap, maybe I should try string.

ETA: ok, I just tried it with string and it did go side to side then circle, then I gave up because it took so long. Are there a # of seconds you are supposed to count or something? How do I know I'm not having like 10 girls! It just kept spinning.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search