Mail

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2007, 08:40 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
So who else gets mail that doesnt belong to them...a neigbors,old resident,etc? Well...what about a deseased person...that has been gone for over five years? We have lived in our home for almost five years and we STILL get mail from the previous resident,including the deseased head of household. At what point does the post office STOP bringing the mail? I mean...come on! I guess htis isnt really a debate,more of an annoyance

ETA:we recieve mail that does not belong to us...at least 3 times a week. I always attach a little note saying "not this address"...but they never listen. I understand they dont know what to do with it either...but take a hint!

</div>

</blockquote>
January 1st, 2007, 08:43 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thankfully, we built our house, so no previous tenant. How aggravating. I'm sure the post office has to try to deliver it, but it seems whoever keeps sending it should have been notified by now Maybe you should actually write on the envelope instead of attaching a note so that the sender will be aware?

January 2nd, 2007, 03:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We haven't had this problem. Maybe once every few months, we get a letter for the previous owner, but it's always something neutral---ads for stores mostly. Have you tried talking to the post office itself? That would get old quickly!
January 2nd, 2007, 07:18 AM
Adey
Occasionally I get my neighbours mail but I just put it their box, don't think of it. My mum has a real problem with this, they've almost had the elcetricity cut off becuase the bills went to wrong address, they've lost reports for my sisters. And have had hospital appointments, bills etc posted to them - thankfully the intend recepitants have been people my mum has known so she's taken it to them.
January 2nd, 2007, 09:24 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just write on the envelope "Moved - Return to Sender" Most of the time when the sender gets it back they will update thier records, unless it's just mass mailing like advertisement.

January 2nd, 2007, 04:08 PM
They are almost always(what appears to be) doctor bills...from cleveland clinic. I wonder if I do re-verse look up for the previous owners...if I could just put a new address and have all mail forwarded? I have tried contacting the PO,but finding a number was a huge pain...then calling OMG...never actually spoke to any real person

</div>

</blockquote>
January 2nd, 2007, 04:43 PM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
They are almost always(what appears to be) doctor bills...from cleveland clinic. I wonder if I do re-verse look up for the previous owners...if I could just put a new address and have all mail forwarded? I have tried contacting the PO,but finding a number was a huge pain...then calling OMG...never actually spoke to any real person [/b]

Cleveland Clinic is horrid when it comes to that kind of thing, they could not find their wy out of a paper bag.
I know its annoying. have you done return to sender?
January 2nd, 2007, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Quote:
They are almost always(what appears to be) doctor bills...from cleveland clinic. I wonder if I do re-verse look up for the previous owners...if I could just put a new address and have all mail forwarded? I have tried contacting the PO,but finding a number was a huge pain...then calling OMG...never actually spoke to any real person [/b]

Cleveland Clinic is horrid when it comes to that kind of thing, they could not find their wy out of a paper bag.
I know its annoying. have you done return to sender?
[/b]
I really need to do that. I only write "not at this address"...do you think it would make a difference to write that instead? I'm up for trying anything...lol

</div>

</blockquote>
January 2nd, 2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I think the only way the sender will get it back is if you write return to sender. And there is a fee for having mail forwarded so I wouldn't bother with that if I were you.

January 5th, 2007, 07:04 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Yeah, I think the only way the sender will get it back is if you write return to sender. And there is a fee for having mail forwarded so I wouldn't bother with that if I were you.[/b]
I have never paid a fee & neither have my in laws. We bought their house & whenever something inadvertantly arrived here - I wrote please forward to....and wrote MOVED in big letters. No one ever charged us or them. I didn't know that was even an issue.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

January 6th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I think the only way the sender will get it back is if you write return to sender. And there is a fee for having mail forwarded so I wouldn't bother with that if I were you.[/b]
I have never paid a fee & neither have my in laws. We bought their house & whenever something inadvertantly arrived here - I wrote please forward to....and wrote MOVED in big letters. No one ever charged us or them. I didn't know that was even an issue.
[/b]
You are right, if you write on and re-mail a letter that was delivered to you, they can't charge you for that. I thought she meant going to the post office to have any future mail for that person be forwarded to a new address. So that it wouldn't be delivered to her anymore.

January 7th, 2007, 09:54 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I am positive that the person who delivers my mail is not intellectually capable of figuring out a 12 piece puzzle. Constantly I get mail for people who no longer live here, which I understand ... the address says our house, so maybe we're harboring them here or something. Whatever, I've gotten over that. My problem is that we continue to get mail for the lady with the same address number, but one street over. Not just ads, serious stuff like IRS documents and Social Security statements. If this weren't already annoying, I have to wonder, am I not getting mail because of the same reason?

No more than 5 or 6 people work at my post office, so you'd think I could find an answer, but no. Even after the mail comes, I'm still stuck sorting out what belongs to who, which seems to be their job, not mine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search