Can't argue anymore?

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2007, 02:10 PM
kadydid
Have you ever lost the will to debate?

I think I lost all my fun in arguing with people. After I left this site, I got bored after a while and missed chatting it up with people talked about more than just babies. So I went back to a site I used to debate on, and debated a little, but I don't think I like it anymore. It seems like such a stress magnifier.

I am going to hang around here because I like most of you. But I am curious if anyone ever goes through this. Have you ever lost the will to debate?

BTW what is up with the new format? I don't like not seeing all posts at one time. Anyway to get around this?
January 12th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:

I think I lost all my fun in arguing with people. After I left this site, I got bored after a while and missed chatting it up with people talked about more than just babies. So I went back to a site I used to debate on, and debated a little, but I don't think I like it anymore. It seems like such a stress magnifier.

I am going to hang around here because I like most of you. But I am curious if anyone ever goes through this. Have you ever lost the will to debate?

BTW what is up with the new format? I don't like not seeing all posts at one time. Anyway to get around this?[/b]
BTDT! I have taken many sabbaticals from the debate boards, ranging from a couple of days to a couple of weeks. Even now, sometimes I find myself just skimming the topics, not really interested in replying to many.

We are glad you are back though!

January 12th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
The first month or two after Miranda was born I really didn't have a lot of time to debate! So I kind of got handed the break whether I wanted it or not. Now that Miranda has her routine and everything I'm able to come here more often. Sometimes I'm just a lurker though lol.
Amanda
January 12th, 2007, 03:19 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I go through periods where I HAVE to take a break from the debate boards. But I always come back, lol.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
January 12th, 2007, 03:33 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I don't debate nearly as much any more. I've started limiting myself to the stuff that I really really feel strongly about.

January 12th, 2007, 05:43 PM
kadydid
Quote:
Quote:

BTW what is up with the new format? I don't like not seeing all posts at one time. Anyway to get around this?[/b]
BTDT! I have taken many sabbaticals from the debate boards, ranging from a couple of days to a couple of weeks. Even now, sometimes I find myself just skimming the topics, not really interested in replying to many.

[/b]
Thanks! I am very glad to see you too.

My husband sometimes thinks I am crazy for debating. He would much rather me play WOW full time.
January 12th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
Thanks! I am very glad to see you too.

My husband sometimes thinks I am crazy for debating. He would much rather me play WOW full time.
[/b]
now put up your dukes and get in the ring!!

January 12th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Marissa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Marissa Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa
I participate in some debates on some days, but other days im in other boards away from the debates board. I think it depends on my mood . Some days i just feel like i have to argue.
January 12th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Marissa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Marissa Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa
Quote:

You can change that yourself, on the top of your post go to "options" and then go and click on standard and it should change it back.
January 13th, 2007, 12:57 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Lately I don't really see any debates that I *want* to debate lol The last "real" debate I participated in was the one about whether SAHMs should be considered career lol When the debate boards are slow, I bide my time elsewhere...then when they pick up, I'm back again lol
January 14th, 2007, 12:51 PM
eash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't lost the will, per se, but I have slowed down a lot. I find that lately the debates have gotten really personal - I don't know, it just seems like lately some people are just pulling out the punches and attacking each other.
January 14th, 2007, 05:28 PM
kadydid
Thanks Butter!

eashley, I feel that way about some sites I have visited in the past. Some times the drama can get a bit overwhelming. Maybe that's what happens after people have posted together too long. I know that there are a few different sites that I know of, that I can NOT handle very long because someone is always bringing up some lame drama from 3 years ago and they never let it die.

Sometimes debating is such a negative thing. Sometimes people learn things, but mostly I think there is some serious negativity.

BTW Where is Michelle? Anyone?
January 14th, 2007, 07:10 PM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, me too. I use to love debating on here. At first it was very enlightening and I learned a lot about different people and their views. I hardly ever got irritated, but now it's just to much. I hardly come on anymore. Like someone else said, I hate how it's affected my thinking now. I'm confident in some things that I do, but sometimes the negative things that people say on here creep into my mind and make me feel horrible, even though I know what I'm doing is good and I'm still confident about it.

Quote:
Sometimes debating is such a negative thing. Sometimes people learn things, but mostly I think there is some serious negativity.[/b]

Mom to Keira (6), Garrett (5), Libby (3), and William (8-29-12)
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

January 14th, 2007, 07:11 PM
eash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Thanks Butter!

eashley, I feel that way about some sites I have visited in the past. Some times the drama can get a bit overwhelming. Maybe that's what happens after people have posted together too long. I know that there are a few different sites that I know of, that I can NOT handle very long because someone is always bringing up some lame drama from 3 years ago and they never let it die.

Sometimes debating is such a negative thing. Sometimes people learn things, but mostly I think there is some serious negativity.

BTW Where is Michelle? Anyone?[/b]
I've noticed Michelle is MIA too ---- not the same without her. Hopefully everything is ok.
January 15th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been MIA from this board for a while. I had to take a break, I was the same, I'd lost the will to debate.

I check in every once in a while, but mostly lurk.

January 16th, 2007, 09:44 AM
baccalynnwv's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Have you ever lost the will to debate?[/b]
YES! I am hardly ever in these debate forums. If I think it will cause me to stress out to much - I don't get invovled. LOL ---I think it has something to do with my brain constantly thinking at work or watching my kids. I just don't have it in me to start into a huge debate anymore.

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center">Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6</div>
January 17th, 2007, 11:36 AM
irishxrose
I honestly can't tear myself away from the debate boards... I love it too much, plus I really feel the women here are awesome, intelligent and lovely. However... I really don't like the nasty turn some of the debates have taken lately. I check the debate boards every day... but I don't post all that much anymore because some of them just turn nasty.
January 17th, 2007, 11:43 AM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
Quote:
I participate in some debates on some days, but other days im in other boards away from the debates board. I think it depends on my mood . Some days i just feel like i have to argue.[/b]
Haha, that's how I am. I'm taking 13 credits this semester, work at home, babysit at night and only get to see DF for a few hours a week now that he's working so much, so when I find the time to come on here, I'm not really in the mood to debate. I'm sure that'll change soon, though - I can never stay away.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search