The Roloff's

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Personally, I disagree. I often think they don't do that great of a job. The parents are always at odds for what to do with the family. He goes and makes some wild purchase or job and she doesn't agree, but he does it anyway. Kind of showing the kids that there is little self control if you really want it. He doesn't always stick with a project either. The mom seems always so high strung that she seems to just go crazy being married to him sometimes. And the kids often don't follow what the parents say. They will tell them to do their chores and they bum around forever. Typical kids yes, but I don't usually see the consequences for their actions. I think the parents do a great job in showing their kids that no matter who you are, how tall, short, whatever you can do anything you set your mind to. That is great that they are modeling that, but honestly I disagree with their parenting often. JMO[/b]

As soon as I started reading your post I immediatly knew it was written by someone with one or two children that were both very little.
I think the Roloff family is very real, and the mom and dad are doing a good job. I can't wait for the new season to start.
[/b]

Whether I have small children is irrelevant, I am the second oldest of 10 children and have seen a great deal of raising kids to know that I disagree with them. And in no way are my parents perfect parents, but I feel like I have already raised 5 kids. It doesn't have anything to do with having small kids. I think these parents TRY, but I can still disagree with how they handle things. If they are doing such a great job and I see their kids mouth off to the parents, etc. how can other people possibly criticize the Duggars?

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

May 30th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I love this show!

I don't think they are amazing parents, or an amazing family. To be that for me is a family that I would strive to be. I hope to be even better parents then they are etc. But I do think they are very realistic etc.

I just don't like the father and mother's relationship. Although it might work for them etc.. I am alot closer and supportive of my husband, we are more of a team. Atleat I hope so! I wouldn't want to bicker or put each other down nearly as much as they do especially infront of their kids. Not that I don't think they are good parents, or anything like that!! I just don't see them as being that awsome or amazing, as I wouldn't strive to have a relationship as they do.

But I do like the show [/b]

Yeah, see this bothers me too. I don't like their relationship either. And I also think they favor their "little" child, Zach sometimes.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

May 30th, 2007, 09:10 PM
ahixon
I loved it when he bought the grill that was to big.
July 7th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
i know this topic is old but i had to bring it back lol. is it just me or does Jeremy seem to act like just becausee he's taller than his parents he can do/ say w/e he wants.

July 22nd, 2007, 08:21 AM
SugarNSpice's Avatar VBAC Mommy!!!
Send a message via MSN to SugarNSpice Send a message via Yahoo to SugarNSpice
I love this show! I think they are a very cool family and I love how the parents don't let their "difference" keep them from doing anything they want. Great family!

July 23rd, 2007, 08:44 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
i know this topic is old but i had to bring it back lol. is it just me or does Jeremy seem to act like just becausee he's taller than his parents he can do/ say w/e he wants.[/b]
Oh, I think Zach is just as mouthy as Jeremy! Maybe he's even more mouth, actually. I don't really think Jeremy's attitude has anything to do with him being taller than his parents. They just tolerate backtalk. That's all there is to it.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

December 1st, 2009, 06:28 PM
First of all…

To the individual that started this forum:
"ROLOFFS" DOES NOT REQUIRE AN APOSTROPHE. IT'S A MISTAKE!!!! The word is PLURAL – NOT possessive....

Secondly… I think Amy is charismatic and has great instincts – and she and Matt make a very dynamic couple who obviously love their kids… HOWEVER…

Someone MUST tell these parents that:

--> Your kids are supposed to know where they’re going to college when they are JUNIORS in high school – NOT seniors. (In my hometown, every parent bought their child the “Baron’s” Book, helped them apply to their universities of choice, and BEFORE JUNIOR YEAR was barely through, EVERY CHILD knew where they were going to college...)

-->Please stop pronouncing the word as “Fustrating.” It’s “Frustrating” (in more ways than one; check it out on spell-check!)…

-->Stop administering “Mountain Dew” to your children. It contains addictive chemicals – and other poisons – that throw off their body-chemistry and therefore cause unnecessary imbalances, including those that are cerebral…

You do the math...
December 1st, 2009, 06:32 PM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
^ LOL!!!!! I don't even know what to say to that. Thanks for stopping by just to add that...? How did you even find a post that's over two years old?

December 1st, 2009, 07:25 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess is Write View Post
^ LOL!!!!! I don't even know what to say to that. Thanks for stopping by just to add that...? How did you even find a post that's over two years old?
Wow. Looks like the Roloffs have their own Aunt Jodi.

December 1st, 2009, 08:31 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
LOL!!! Who does that?!! Thanks for digging up random oldie goldie posts LMAO.

January 29th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Regular
I watch this show a lot and I think that matt and amy have very different parenting skills. I think that amy does most of the discipline and underminds matt a lot. In this past season it seemed that the producers where trying to suggest that they were having marital problems.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search